• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Has Anyone Used Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybin) to Treat OCD?

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'm wondering if people who have had some relief from OCD have had lasting relief, or if the OCD came back?

I'm wondering if it would be preferable to take Psilocybin alone, with a sitter, or in assisted psychotherapy.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'm wondering if people who have had some relief from OCD have had lasting relief, or if the OCD came back?

I'm wondering if it would be preferable to take Psilocybin alone, with a sitter, or in assisted psychotherapy.

I don't use mushrooms for OCD control because, although the symptoms do go away completely, they return within 3-4 days. So even when I took mushrooms once a week for a 2 year period I would have 3 or 4 days out of the week with OCD. Still, a reduction even if temporary, was better than nothing - although this was not my reason for taking mushrooms.

But, as I usually tend to take my psychs on Friday evenings (that in itself is a form of OCD), I'm good until late Mondays or sometime Tuesdays and I do receive a start of the week absence of symptoms.

Tom