• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

has anyone tried vaporizing psychedelic essential oils?

Well, if you believe in aromatherapy's benefits, then essential oils can defintely produce a change in conciousness; just not from ingesting the oil. Essential oil of parsley, for example, is extremely toxic to ingest.

I don't put a lot of stock in aromaptherapy; or moreso, I don't think every human would respond the same way to the same scents; what relaxes me may not relax you. I personally find the smell of lavendar irritating as all shit.....

It is alleged that nutmeg oil, when rubbed on the skin and heat is generated through dancing, will absorb transdermally and give one a high without the hepatoxiticy. I wouldn't be going around rubbing it all over yourself; but I've put a few drops on my wrist (nutmeg oil used to be around doofs a bit in melbourne) and felt nothing either way, so.....;)

Interesting that you bring this up. My moms friend just handed us a buttload of essential oils. She thinks they can cure just about anything.

I did a little google, and technically as long as its truly based off of the actual plant and not some fake shit that just smells good you'd probably get something. I mean nutmeg DOES do stuff to people. I'd try that one, and definitely let us know how it goes.

^ stop spamming our board dude. Nobody wants to buy your crap.

Thanks

^Thank you Gaian. Indeed, whoever you are essentialoil, please go away. Thanks.

Ha! I wonder if the business involved knows they are being spammed on a psychedelics board.....fire off an email and find out eh?

What about wormwood or kratom oils?
Can one make an essential oil of any herb?
If so it'd be interesting to test vaporised caapi, amanita, mescaline cactus, dmt plant s etc

OK - I am a newb to this forum, but am very glad i found you guys. SWIM just got 30 ml of Elemi Oil and 4zips of sass. I am not worried about the Sass Oil right now. However, I am jutst finding out about ron69's triple E tach with Elemi Oil. Can anybody please point me in the right direction? I should be getting my DMSO today for extraction.

Elemi oil contains such a trivial amount of elemicin that it is not worth your time. (less than 5%). It's non-"extractable" unfortunately; there are a lot of compd's in elemi oil that will dissolve in dmso...

It smells nice but it's basically nonpsychoactive.

OK - while SWIM has a buddy who cooks, and says it is a precursor for TMA-2 and TMA-6. Why not just cook it up? It's in Pihkal

Elemi oil is not pure elemicin, you would have to subject yourself to a painful fractional distillation.

OK - while SWIM has a buddy who cooks, and says it is a precursor for TMA-2 and TMA-6. Why not just cook it up? It's in Pihkal

Using SWIM is against the rules here at Bluelight. It doesn't protect you in any way and makes posts annoying and hard to read. Please don't use it. :)

I don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but I have tried something interesting that is quite relevant. I took ~25g of nutmeg and washed it with ~50ml of acetone, filtered the acetone, evaporated it, dissolved the product (nutmeg butter) in denatured alcohol, and froze it, causing crystals of myristicin and elemicin to precipitate out. I then filtered the denatured alcohol to collect the crystals and continued the process. I got about .5g of product. I put a few mgs in my trusty percolated lightbulb vaporizer and took a hit. The first thing I felt was a nasty headache (it went away in a few seconds), then some more nutmeg-y effects. Later, a single sip of vodka made my vision insane. This is probably a much better method than essential oils.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but I have tried something interesting that is quite relevant. I took ~25g of nutmeg and washed it with ~50ml of acetone, filtered the acetone, evaporated it, dissolved the product (nutmeg butter) in denatured alcohol, and froze it, causing crystals of myristicin and elemicin to precipitate out. I then filtered the denatured alcohol to collect the crystals and continued the process. I got about .5g of product. I put a few mgs in my trusty percolated lightbulb vaporizer and took a hit. The first thing I felt was a nasty headache (it went away in a few seconds), then some more nutmeg-y effects. Later, a single sip of vodka made my vision insane. This is probably a much better method than essential oils.

I doubt if that was myristicin that crystallized out. It's melting point is -20 C and I'm pretty sure it would have just stayed dissolved in the alcohol. I don't know what it was. I wouldn't recommend smoking essential oils anyway. Can't see it being harmless to the lungs. It would require fractional distillation to separate out all the terepenes, which are the main constituents. Smoking nutmeg essential oil would be much like smoking turpentine, except it would taste a lot worse.

I took ~25g of nutmeg and washed it with ~50ml of acetone, filtered the acetone, evaporated it, dissolved the product (nutmeg butter) in denatured alcohol, and froze it, causing crystals of myristicin and elemicin to precipitate out.

Sounds like you freeze precipitated the nutmeg fats. ... at least they're of higher purity now? ;)

It's not elemicin or myrsticin, they're both oils at r.t.

thanks for the info! So a quick read of PiHKAL confirms there is no easy way to extract this. Not sure what the said precipitate was in that case, so thanks. Probably just a heavier fatty acid.

You wouldn't really want to smoke myristicin anyway. It would just screw your lungs up. Stick to real drugs. Unless the essential oils are aminated they aren't going to do much for you, at least nothing worth the probable damage they would cause.