• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

🍄 Gardening 🍄 Has anyone tried to grow their own poppies??

Yeah there are threads on it here. But better off, try reddit, look for the sub reddit called r/druggardening.

Bottom line, they can be grown, but you would need a large field to guarantee regular access. And yes, I've grown them but mainly indoors (which is extremely impractical, I was doing it for the fun of it, but it doesn't make sense). Poppy plants don't produce a ton of poppy pods and you need a fair amount of pods per dose. One could easily use half a plant per dose or more, probably more like 1 plant per dose if it's outdoor grown.

Say you need 2 plants worth of pods per day? How are you realistically going to grow nearly 1000 poppy plants reliably, every year? And the withdrawal from opium is up there with methadone in terms of painful, long-lasting withdrawal syndromes.

In anycase, growing a personal supply of opium can be done if you are smart/good with plants, have alot of land, no neighbors, and alot of time. But I feel like a person likely to pull such a thing off would be the type of person to have conducted research (rather than just ask about). So technically, it's possible, but it isn't particularly easy to grow a daily supply. And if you get caught growing that many poppies, the police will overreact and make a big deal out of it, and throw some heavy charges at you.

I mean look at the unbelievable overreaction in this case, where the cops claimed an acre of poppies was a $500 million drug bust (when in reality it might be worth $30,000)

I remember when I first read this story, how could a guy just be that stupid. He had gotten a way with it, but confessed to a crime, they didn't know about.
At this point in time, I would consider myself a law abidding citizen. The idea of admitting to a serious crime is unthinkable.
Hey dumbass, that no snitching thing, applies to yourself also, or it should.
Think of all that poor wasted opium.🥹

I remember when I first read this story, how could a guy just be that stupid. He had gotten a way with it, but confessed to a crime, they didn't know about.
At this point in time, I would consider myself a law abidding citizen. The idea of admitting to a serious crime is unthinkable.
Hey dumbass, that no snitching thing, applies to yourself also, or it should.
Think of all that poor wasted opium.🥹

I guess he jumped to the not unreasonable conclusion that some nosy bastard had tipped the police off about his poppy crop, and thought he'd look better if he just said it straight away.

They can be grown properly inside with success in the right setup.

Just becareful growing em outdoor unless you have land. Be poppys all over the place.
bro thats the dream

i'm gonna shake some seeds in the soil when i'm harvesting this time around.

i'm in melbourne australia, if anyone asks whats up, i'll say poppy was my grandma's favourite flower, so i grow them in her memory for ornamental purposes.

i've read of one poppy bust in australia, so it's not really anyone's focus unless your a fuckwit probably.

"Man turns Safeway seeds to opium
November 8, 2002 — 11.00am

A Victorian judge was shocked yesterday at how a drug addict was able to grow 230 opium poppies at home from seeds bought from the herbs section of a supermarket.

Judge James Duggan was told it was possible that Ronald Mark Fiddes had bought untreated imported poppy seeds that produced the prohibited plants.

Prosecutor Chris Ryan confirmed it was possible for someone to grow opium plants from untreated overseas seeds, whereas all poppy seeds grown in Australia were treated.

The County Court heard that police found two crops weighing a total of 37 kilograms in the front and back yard of Fiddes' Lower Plenty unit on November 20, 2001.

Mr Ryan said the capsules of some plants showed evidence of scoring from a sharp blade that meant the opium sap or resin had been harvested.

Morphine formed about 1 to 3 per cent of the resin while Fiddes' crop would have produced a quantity of opium about half the size of a cricket ball, he said.

It was accepted, he said, that Fiddes had not trafficked the opium and had grown it for personal use."

lol

not going to grow 200+ plants that is regarded, also he shouldn't have scored them, also, don't talk to the fuckn cops, ACAB

^^^ Must be nice to have a 'Safeway' in the neighborhood.

I am starting to catch on now. 👍

Yeah there are threads on it here. But better off, try reddit, look for the sub reddit called r/druggardening.

Bottom line, they can be grown, but you would need a large field to guarantee regular access. And yes, I've grown them but mainly indoors (which is extremely impractical, I was doing it for the fun of it, but it doesn't make sense). Poppy plants don't produce a ton of poppy pods and you need a fair amount of pods per dose. One could easily use half a plant per dose or more, probably more like 1 plant per dose if it's outdoor grown.

Say you need 2 plants worth of pods per day? How are you realistically going to grow nearly 1000 poppy plants reliably, every year? And the withdrawal from opium is up there with methadone in terms of painful, long-lasting withdrawal syndromes.

In anycase, growing a personal supply of opium can be done if you are smart/good with plants, have alot of land, no neighbors, and alot of time. But I feel like a person likely to pull such a thing off would be the type of person to have conducted research (rather than just ask about). So technically, it's possible, but it isn't particularly easy to grow a daily supply. And if you get caught growing that many poppies, the police will overreact and make a big deal out of it, and throw some heavy charges at you.

I mean look at the unbelievable overreaction in this case, where the cops claimed an acre of poppies was a $500 million drug bust (when in reality it might be worth $30,000)

That whole case stinks to high heaven. Find a more in depth article about what that guy had going on. The poppies begin to seem like the tip of the iceberg. Their was another significant bust in that area and it would seem their may be some sort of syndicate in Nc trying to utilize the ideal climate to produce poppies.

bro thats the dream

i'm gonna shake some seeds in the soil when i'm harvesting this time around.

i'm in melbourne australia, if anyone asks whats up, i'll say poppy was my grandma's favourite flower, so i grow them in her memory for ornamental purposes.

i've read of one poppy bust in australia, so it's not really anyone's focus unless your a fuckwit probably.
You have to be a fuckwit to get caught up in negative situations with anything. Be smart you'll be OK.

You have to be a fuckwit to get caught up in negative situations with anything. Be smart you'll be OK.

When I was growing poppies in my garage I would get dirty looks from some of the old ladies in the neighborhood. At night you could see a bit of light emanating from under my garage door due to the high powered lights. But they all thought I was growing weed I'm sure, which is of course now legal to grow in my state, so im sure they were pissed that they felt like they couldnt turn me in for it. No one in a million years would think that I'm growing something as exotic as opium poppies in there, which unlike weed, actually  is illegal to grow (especially indoors, which sort of kills the "they're only ornamental" excuse). But againm those old hags were wrong; I wasn't growing weed, what I was growing was actually illegal. I had some growing in my backyard too, which made me paranoid because I have an old middle eastern neighbor, and if anyone could spot a poppy it would be someone like him.

I miss growing them. They don't yield a lot, and given the time and expense it's easier and cheaper to just buy dried pods online. But I did enjoy the process, and my indoor grown pods were the strongest pods I've ever had in my life. Like a good 3x stronger by weight, due to all the supplements I gave them (nitrogen and l-tyrosine, among other things, to boost morphine content). But as a former opioid addict (and not a current one) it was a bad hobby for me. If I were a daily opioid user these days I would grow them again in heartbeat. But it is an unhealthy focus for me nowadays.

But growing opium on a large scale is risky idea, especially considering how people overreact about opioids these days. By busting you for a quarter acre of poppies for personal use they'll act like they're somehow contributing to ending the fentanyl crisis.

not going to grow 200+ plants that is regarded, also he shouldn't have scored them, also, don't talk to the fuckn cops, ACAB

Well I have around 250, but there again I live in rural Wales and my nearest neighbour is a 10 min walk down the road. The property also is not easily visible. The only attention I've ever gotten is compliments about the beautiful flowers from passing walkers surprised to find a house and garden there. XD

PS thing with cops is, sometimes they can get very damn insistent on talking to YOU.

Have you ever tried Buprenorphine for your pain? Oxy and hydro doesn't touch my pain. I go to a pain clinic, but since last year, general practice clinics can prescribe bupe. You probably won't get that body high that most chase, but it definitely helps my pain. It's not 100%. I don't think anything can take nerve damage away. At least I haven't found it for my issue.

Hey thanks for that file, I've been trying to get that for a few years now, was even willing to pay for it,

I would encourage everyone to dl that, just a few days left

Hey thanks for that file, I've been trying to get that for a few years now, was even willing to pay for it,

I would encourage everyone to dl that, just a few days left
Took me a while to find it online and can't still get it.
Hydroponic Heroin

When I was growing poppies in my garage I would get dirty looks from some of the old ladies in the neighborhood. At night you could see a bit of light emanating from under my garage door due to the high powered lights. But they all thought I was growing weed I'm sure, which is of course now legal to grow in my state, so im sure they were pissed that they felt like they couldnt turn me in for it. No one in a million years would think that I'm growing something as exotic as opium poppies in there, which unlike weed, actually  is illegal to grow (especially indoors, which sort of kills the "they're only ornamental" excuse). But againm those old hags were wrong; I wasn't growing weed, what I was growing was actually illegal. I had some growing in my backyard too, which made me paranoid because I have an old middle eastern neighbor, and if anyone could spot a poppy it would be someone like him.

I miss growing them. They don't yield a lot, and given the time and expense it's easier and cheaper to just buy dried pods online. But I did enjoy the process, and my indoor grown pods were the strongest pods I've ever had in my life. Like a good 3x stronger by weight, due to all the supplements I gave them (nitrogen and l-tyrosine, among other things, to boost morphine content). But as a former opioid addict (and not a current one) it was a bad hobby for me. If I were a daily opioid user these days I would grow them again in heartbeat. But it is an unhealthy focus for me nowadays.

But growing opium on a large scale is risky idea, especially considering how people overreact about opioids these days. By busting you for a quarter acre of poppies for personal use they'll act like they're somehow contributing to ending the fentanyl crisis.
Hell yeah! I love hearing experiences like yours. Yeah you needed a light proof grow tent for sure.

"Hydroponic Heroin". Great book on growing poppies, etc.. 4 more days on the link.

I have a first edition copy from years ago. I actually have a lot of first editions. I may have to see their value.

That book isn't so great imo, especially for the average indoor grower who is growing in soil i did). And it's outdated.

In posted about my indoor grow, with progress pictures and explanations of my methods, on the subreddit r/druggardening. I mentioned that I was thinking about writing a book about it since no book exists (except that old book hydroponic heroin), and I was surprised about how excited people got about the idea of me writing a new book about growing indoors (using soil not hydroponics). To this day i get messages about it asking me if the book is available. People even come from reddit and somehow find me here to ask me if the book is available.

I should write the book. My methods were unique, and my unusual supplementation (like using l-tyrosine and daily nitrogen supplementation in the form of dried pigs blood, and heavy feeding in general) produced minigrow tent bursting with the most potent pods I have ever had in my life (and I have bought and used alot of pods since I was a daily pod tea user for over a year). I even took highly detailed photos at all stages, starting from my unique germination to my scoring procedures and etc. I even did some time lapse photography of it.

While ive done a bunch of indoor grows I feel like I'd want to do one more before writing the book, just to answer some unanswered questions that I have. Problem is, I dont want to go down that road since the end result is a bunch of opium (even one 4' x 4' grow tent could produce a few grams of morphine equivalent -- I'm talking the total morphine content from the dried plants, not grams of opium). But I could easily write that book now.

Hell yeah! I love hearing experiences like yours. Yeah you needed a light proof grow tent for sure.

I did use grow tents in my house (I had one in my office and one in the shower of my guest room -- people rarely come over, my girlfriend's sister saw the big black tent in the shower, but probably thought it was just weed).

However the area I was growing in my garage was way too large to fit in a grow tent. I mean I'm sure they produce giant walk in grow tents that size but I bet something of that size would cost like $5,000 (which definitely isnt worth it if it wasnt someone I was planning on doing forever). But the rest of the indoor grows were actually inside my house, in small 4'x4' grow tents. I had 3 tents inside my house. My girlfriend was relieved when I stopped growing because she thought it was something that I'd be doing every year. At first i actually thought it was something I'd do maybe one or twice a year. However i was too good at it, and wound up with more poppies than I expect, which led me to getting slightly hooked on it, which required me using kratom for a few months afterwords to use as landing gear. So as a former hardcore opioid addict I decided it wasn't the best activity for me.

Last edited:
That book isn't so great imo, especially for the average indoor grower who is growing in soil i did). And it's outdated.
Yeah I thought the book sucked. Even the name. But I had that, right after Hogshire came out with Opium For The Masses in 94. That sort of pissed me off as the law starting looking at this a little more when it was a nice known secret for years. At least as long as family were in the floral business.

I have the Opium Poppy Gardener too. Eh. I think I will wait for Negrogesic's book. ;) (or several books)

I have the Opium Poppy Gardener too. Eh. I think I will wait for Negrogesic's book. ;) (or several books)

Are you talking about this book: Opium Poppy Gardener https://a.co/d/by2oIwA

Because that book is awful. The description makes it seem like it's a guide to growing opium, but is mostly a story about some guy's trip to Asia. The practical growing tips in it are super generic; when I got it in the mail I instantly regretted purchasing it. But yeah, that's what I mean, there really aren't any good books on it, despite the fact that there are a number of books with names promising to serve as an instructional guide.

I have wondered what the legal implications would be for me to write such a book, and would definitely have to use a pseudonym. I also have wondered about it on moral grounds: will I be spreading misery and the scourge of opium addiction to people by publishing such a thing?