• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Has anyone here had success with CBD?

I find it to be a great auxiliary. For eg. When I quit smoking I had a lot of anxiety and uneasiness. Couple of drops in my vape with the nic salt juice made it much better! It's almost like you don't see it's effects until you actually think about it ?

Doesn't do a fuckin' thing for this. What a disgrace to me. I guess it is super popular though like even a major grocery store in my area now stocks it. I don't get it man.

For any of its purported benefits? I've been taking .1ml of oil that's 5.59% thc and 57.9% cbd about 2 hours before bed. I'm not sure if I notice anything as far as decreased anxiety etc., but I might be going to sleep before I can tell. What are y'all's experience?
That's really high THC for a CBD concoction?

I find full spectrum hemp oil or CBD high cannabis oil is mainly good for sleep and inflammation. I find it best when mixed with some high THC RSO personally.

-GC

@spare ribs is your CBD pharmaceutical grade or CBD from shops? I'm assuming its scripted but I would like to know, if you are comfortable with sharing of course. And do the other medications have any contraindications with the CBD?
This raises another issues that makes all these anecdotes impossible to gauge usefulness. With the recent FDA crackdown, a lot of the "CBD" being sold either contained less, little, or no CBD as well as other contaminants such as higher levels of THC than permitted, cutting agents, and so on. I believe one article sited a test result showing as less than 10% cbd from some of these shops

If you think you're safe because you vape, and distillate is pure cbd… well sorry, I have some news... unlike thc, cbd will crystalize so it's commonly cut with products like "honey cut" and "true terpene's viscosity"(do a google search on ICmag or f4200 for test results) are required at a much higher level (~30%?) plus industry standard of 3-15% terpenes. So that "1000mg cbd" cart is probably more like 4-600mg cbd(at best).

There definitely are reputable sources that can provide track and trace with corresponding test results- of course you can expect to pay a lot more at this current day and age, and in some places they may be harder to find. Not saying go to corporate shops-if anything the opposite, just be sure the person is honest and informed on what they are doing.

From my experience CBD is best in flower form , it has its cons tho.
Been using concentrates , sweets , isolate and flower for over a year now for depression, anxiety.
Found the isolates , sweets etc a major hit or miss , after finding herb with 25% CBD found it much better , cut out my blood pressure meds ( with doctors advise and constant monitoring ,although docs still clueless about CBD here and are more interested in your anecdotes ) aswell after switching to flower, so would say be careful if on meds CBD can counteract with.
The fact it only happened when on flower makes me believe a lot of the other products aren’t great where I am and are a placebo in most cases.
Where I am weed is still illegal and CBD bud smells and looks identical which makes using it outside problematic ( it’s major con ) . So using during day involves going home on lunch - not possible , or going a monster trek and de skunkifying before going back in.
Have bought a DynaVap tho and they are fantastic apart from looking like a metal crack pipe , cuts down on smell and use less.
I can use the flower first thing and function normally, whereas with weed/ hash I’m lethargic and out cold especially as the stone wears off so, and anxiety from weed is horrendous at times.
I have tried loads of retailers where I stay now for flower and have found a few strains that work well for me and are affordable ( CBD generally more expensive here than THC flower ?).
Just My 2 cents,hopefully not too long, but I stuck with it and definitely have found it helps me no end now.
I’m definitely sold on the flower tho, any other input on flower over isolate, concentrates etc ?

any other input on flower over isolate, concentrates etc ?
I use pure CBD isolate and then usually mix it with cannabinoids and terpenes to get a wider range of effects. I find that the CBD alone works, but it's not as useful compared to adding cannabinoids and terpenes.

Flower will not only have some other small amounts of cannabinoids and terpenes, but it can also have flavonoids which could be contributing to your results.

In short, flower feels different than pure isolate and the reason is due to having a variety of cannibinoids, terpenes and flavonoids.

For any of its purported benefits? I've been taking .1ml of oil that's 5.59% thc and 57.9% cbd about 2 hours before bed. I'm not sure if I notice anything as far as decreased anxiety etc., but I might be going to sleep before I can tell. What are y'all's experience?

Yes, it helps me with my anxiety. It feels sort of like a light benzo. Similar to Librium (Chlordiazapoxide)