• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Has anyone here had success with CBD?

nuttynutskin

Bluelighter
For any of its purported benefits? I've been taking .1ml of oil that's 5.59% thc and 57.9% cbd about 2 hours before bed. I'm not sure if I notice anything as far as decreased anxiety etc., but I might be going to sleep before I can tell. What are y'all's experience?

CBD in a cream form is amazing for blocked skin pores and acne. CBD i find helps reduce inflammation in joints. Clears anxiety. CBD all round is quite amazing

I have had good results buying CBD isolate that is 99.9% CBD and mixing it into olive oil, then use the olive oil either like a tincture and just put it under your tongue before bed, or put it in your food for dinner. All around, its a great product but i always seem to need like 3-4x the recommended dose to feel any effects

I think its helping my seizures but I don't know 100% since my seizures are 99.9% controlled with my medication alone (I take it just in case).

As for everything else, it doesn't do a single thing. ie. Pain, nausea, anxiety, sleep, etc.

All around, its a great product but i always seem to need like 3-4x the recommended dose to feel any effects

I think I may be the same. I might try doubling the dose I'm taking and see if I notice any difference.

I think people should guts up and just smoke the bloody plant.

Not everyone tolerates the effects of smoking weed so good, myself included. I'm interested in CBD because of the supposed health benefits, not just getting high.

I would like to try CBD oil but from the slightest bit of THC I get really anxious. Would this stuff be able to help my anxiety at all?

I would like to try CBD oil but from the slightest bit of THC I get really anxious. Would this stuff be able to help my anxiety at all?

CBD generally helps manage anxiety extremely well. I am unsure if you mean combined with THC or alone, but in both instances the answer should be yes. I never got pain relief from pure CBD oil but the tinctures definitely did help my anxiety and as they are extracted from Hemp there is little to no THC involved at all.

I might try some then when I come accross a decent price...I would try to get the most pure CBD form with the least thc, if any.

I've been trying a CBD vape cart recently. It's okay. Doesn't really do much but I'm certain it's quality. The best use I can think of for it is to take it with me out to bars instead of a THC cart, since THC tends to ramp up my anxiety, but I enjoy puffing on something that isn't tobacco. It does provide a mild 'stone' but it's short lived and could be somewhat placebo. It's probably best used for joint pain or related ailments. I have knee pains that I like to use it for.

What irks me is that CBD carts tend to cost MORE than THC carts, legal or black market either one. I'll be sticking to THC in the future for the most part.

I've been trying a CBD vape cart recently. It's okay. Doesn't really do much but I'm certain it's quality. The best use I can think of for it is to take it with me out to bars instead of a THC cart, since THC tends to ramp up my anxiety, but I enjoy puffing on something that isn't tobacco. It does provide a mild 'stone' but it's short lived and could be somewhat placebo. It's probably best used for joint pain or related ailments. I have knee pains that I like to use it for.

What irks me is that CBD carts tend to cost MORE than THC carts, legal or black market either one. I'll be sticking to THC in the future for the most part.

I know I can't share links here man but if you need advice on a brand let me know! The carts sucked for me but there is a vape juice that gets the job done if you have a vape and it isn't unreasonably costly. For me I have found tinctures to be the best way to administer the CBD though. I have my regular Medical THC cart but on a night out it can make me paranoid so I keep my tincture in my pocket and with 3 drops my anxiety is nearly equally reduced as when I take my benzo dose for the day.

I had limited success with it. I had an odd seizure a few months back and went to one of the botanical stores in my town. I was given a dose of tincture there, the most potent one they told me, and within an hour I could feel the difference in the tension in my body. I went back the next day and bought some gummies and flower but they had little to no effect for the 2 weeks I used it. Fast forward to a month ago I bought more gummies and the same thing happened. The first dose worked great but every dose afterwards was very disappointing.

It reduces anxiety and inflammation in my experience.

It's even more helpful to find the right amount of cannabinoids and/or terpenes, in conjunction with CBD, to increase beneficial effects.

The benefits are generally overstated and potential side effects understated. CBD can cause high liver enzymes as well as essentially lower your tolerance to other drugs that use the same enzyme to break down. Reduced tolerance may seem like a positive, but for people on drugs like antidepressants or blood pressure meds, an increase in sensitivity can cause a lot of unwanted complications. Also, the effectiveness is dose dependent, and it's often sold as being effective even at low doses, despite clinical trials stating otherwise. The FDA is actually currently cracking down on the sellers who include these unsubstantiated claims in their marketing/label.

That isn't to say it has no value or it is dangerous, but it definitely isn't a cure all or for everyone and anyone to try out without concern of consequence/consultation with a doctor if taking other meds or have pre-existing health conditions like liver problems.

^ Very true. Most dont talk about how much it inhibits CYP3A4 and CYP2C19 enzymes. This can lead to a multitude of problems for people who need stable blood concentrations of drugs such as lithium and valproic acid. The people who run the shops dont usually know this kind of information. They are usually just hippie cashiers (at least here in San Antonio) who got their dream job. It would be very advisable to consult a doctor if there are medications that being taken that need steady blood levels.

@spare ribs is your CBD pharmaceutical grade or CBD from shops? I'm assuming its scripted but I would like to know, if you are comfortable with sharing of course. And do the other medications have any contraindications with the CBD?

I will definitely give it a look thank you =).

*There are 2 ways you can post a link btw. You can simply copy and paste in the reply box. This method may sometimes just post the url and not the name of the link. The other way is to click on the symbol that looks like two ovals linked together that is located above the reply box with the other options for for changes and stuff. Clicking that icon will open up a box to paste the url and another box to paste the name of the article so that when you hit the reply button the url will have the name of the title you pasted.