• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Has anyone here ever taken more than 500mg of Dxm?

Blackenthesun37

Ex-Bluelighter
I would highly recommend that you not take that much. I took 550 mg once, and it was scary as fuck. If you're interested in experimenting
with dxm, I would suggest a dose between 430 mg and 450 mg. I would also add that if you're around anyone, they will definately know you're high
on something because it dialates you're pupils.

OD->BDD

Most people don't like DXM. According to W. White, something like 1/3 of the people actually try it will enjoy it, and only 1/3 of those who enjoy it will ever do it more than once.

I have taken up to 1200 mg before which was equivalent to 4 bottles of gel caps; but that was in my earlier twenties when I had built quite a tolerance to it since I started using it at the age of 15. There was one point in my life where I could literally have taken up to 600 mg and not felt A THING.

So it definitely begins to lose it's magic after a certain amount of trips and it is certainly not fun to have to down 80 gel caps just to feel anything or get to where you where you want to be/used to be able to get to. So if you want to use this drug recreationally and have experience, I would suggest never using more than 300-400 mg at a time, and never using it more than once a month or once every other month.

But toothpastedog is right, though--it is definitely a "hit or miss" drug. You either hate it or you love it; there is no in between. I happened to really enjoy it, though, hence why I took it for so long.

I can't remember how much I use to do, like 8 Oz max bottles, then there's a couple times I did several bottles my oh me

550 mg of DXM doesn't necessarily mean it will feel bad if you do enjoy hallucinogenic doses of DXM. The higher the dose, the harder it is to handle though, so the more likely you are to have a bad trip. I've had plenty of good trips at higher doses than 550 mg, but I'm naturally good at handling hallucinogens. I've only actually had 2 bad trips on it before. Once was back in my very reckless drug using days, I was at my aunt's house for the night and took some leftover oxycodone+acetominophen during the day (20 and 2,000). After it wore off, I took some DXM with acetominophen because thats all that was in the house, and took more later on in the trip. I was having a good trip until That excruciating pain in the back hit me, and remember kneeling over on the floor crying for hours. I didn't want anyone seeing the empty gel cap packages in the trash, so I kept them in my pocket. The next morning I did the math and added up all the acetominophen I took that day. 7365 mg... The other time I went out with my friend at night. We had a bunch of bottles she brought, and started drinking straight out of them dosing it by fractions of the bottle. She started feeling really sick, and I checked the bottle which said it contained guafinenesen. She didn't wanna do anymore after that, so I chugged a different bottle, the rest of them containing only DXM. After I started tripping, I realized we had 3 more bottles, and said fuck it whatever and chugged another. Later, when I lost all sense of judgement, I took another one and a half, totaling at 1750 mg. I remember laying down on a tennis court with her telling me to get up cuz she had to go home. After a few minutes, I managed to stand up, stumbled over 10 feet, then knelt down on my hands and knees saying I needed to throw up but I couldnt. She figured once I threw up id be fine, so she kept trying to get me to, until I did. A lot. Then tried to get up, and 2 second later fell down and threw up again, which happened 2 more times after that. Next thing I remember was laying down in front of a bank, completely out of reality, thinking I was homeless in North Carolina (I live in virginia). I couldn't even move or talk. She kept telling me I need to get up cuz she has to get home, but I couldn't even comprehend what she was saying. They were just meaningless words to me. After over an hour, I caught a glimpse of reality, and realized I was tripping and, although I didn't understand why whatever she saying mattered or even meant, I knew I wasn't capable of understanding anything that was important in reality and I should just do what she was saying because she was sober. I suddenly stood up, I don't know how, and said something like "I will do sober importance and try to go home now". I started walking home and tried not to think about how I could even do it because I didn't wanna give up thinking I could just lie on the ground. As I was walking out of sight of her, I heard a bloodcurling scream and thought someone got stabbed and my trip-reality suddenly changed from North Carolina homlessness to the purge (the movie). I walked home as fast as I could without falling, constantly looking around me, paranoid that someone will run out of no where trying to kill me. I walked to and back from the area I was at very often (sober), and the voice in the back of my head that had an idea of what i would do sober unconsciously recognized how to get home. I had no idea where I was or where I was going, but I followed my "sober-instinct" because it knew better. I walked where that sober-instinct led me, and ended up going home without even making any wrong turns (i remember walking home). It's only a 15 minute walk, so I got home shortly. After I got to my room, I just later in bed for a few hours on my phone watching YouTube. I started to calm down, tripping just as hard, but handling it better in a peaceful environment. After what I think was like 30 minutes I suprisingly started to have a good trip, which continued until I fell asleep. I didn't think about my trip from before I got home, which was pretty easy since its DXM, and just let it flow. This post kinda turned from a basic reply into a trip report lol (adderall), but that's my experience.