• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Has anyone had palinopsia/afterimages?

I'mNotQuiteSure

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

Just a quick question here... has anyone on this forum had palinopsia for a while, drug induced/anxiety/benzo withdrawal/lyme disease. In any kind of way, shape or form. Just curious really because it's something i'm suffering from right now. Did it go away? And if it did, for how long did you have it? What was the cause for it?

Thanks! :)

Thanks dude :) really appreciate your reaction. So i'm in a quite weird position right now. I had a bad trip 3 months ago, got bitten by an insect of some sort not too long ago, and I stopped taking benzos that i took for my anxiety disorder, which also means that ANXIETY caused my distortions. The only thing I suffer from is palinopsia really. It's a very big mystery what caused this for me. I'm never using psychedelics again btw. Staying sober for a while. Trying everything to let my brain heal. Hope this will clear my palinopsia. When I close my eyes or focus on something i'll see a positive afterimage for about 0,38 seconds (yeah, I timed it with a timer). Hope this will soon fade away :)

Yeah I know Sekio, but at this point they are positive afterimages, really annoying, and I know i'm not supposed to see these. I just want those to go away really really bad...

Yeah, i'm trying to figure it out and heal it piece by piece, it's just very frustrating that i have multiple possible causes, and i still don't know which one it is. But i guess time will tell, and hopefully heal...

After years of poly-drug use the trippy visuals have never subsided. Even after months of sobriety, if I stare at any surface such as a plain painted wall or a carpet or fabrics/materials etc. for more than 10 seconds continuously it starts to warp and morph and those trippy colours start appearing. For example when I state at my plain white walls, after a while purple and lime green colours appear and start forming all those visuals once only experienced on psychedelics. I don't know if it is ever going to go away and to be frank I'm not bothered if it doesn't, it makes shit interesting.