Has anyone ever tried this?

Under-acheeva

Bluelighter
Okay, food for thought..
I started using Ecstacy about a year ago, and ever since I started I've been using pretty heavily. Now I feel like I'm at the point where I'm really not effected at all the way I was when I first started.
I mean - don't get me wrong, I roll and everything - but I feel like after I take my initial dose (weather that would be popping 2 or 3 pills at once to start) - I keep popping pills as the night progresses - but it just doesn't do anything for me.
Does that happen to anyone else?
So I've been thinking of ways to help me roll harder (besides trying to abstain for a little while), and I was wondering what kind of pills or suplements people take when they pre-load, or if anyone takes a daily supplement they think helps (like 5-htp).
Has anyone ever tried taking herbal ecstacy as a pre-loader before (or along with) taking a (real) roll. I tried that by itself when I was like 13 - and it did nothing for me, but I was wondering if it would be effective (or maybe help) when coupled with real MDMA. It's an interesting thought anyway...
smile.gif
*pEace*
smile.gif

Damn, why don't you lay off the rolls for a month or 2 and let that shit work its way out of yer system and bring your tolerence down.love4ever

I have to agree with Vitamin K, the best way is to abstain. If not, it really begins to lose it's luster and then what's the point? If you're spending your whole night taking 4 or 5 pills, and worrying if the next will hit you hard to enough to feel good, are you really having fun? get a hobby. take a break. You'll thank yourself, trust me. I've been there. Good luck!
------------------
No regrets, or life is yours to miss...

I know what you're saying - I'm trying to abstain for now. It's just been really tough because every time I say I'm not going to do it - someone puts it in front of me - and I have a REALLY hard time saying no. It's never lost it's luster, but it is really dissapointing when you find yourself taking about 7 pills (like I did at Countdown 12 on New Years Eve), and you really don't roll that hard. I think part of that was due to the fact that the rolls we bought at the party weren't the greatest - we were unable to hook up at the last min. so we had to buy them there.
I think I really am going to abstain for a while though - there are some parties comming up in the next couple of months that I really want to go to.
So does anyone take 5-htp as a daily suplement - and if so - does it seem to help?

hey Jungle Baby
smile.gif

5-HTP is a drug that increases the level of serotonin in your brain.
Where this all fits in is because you have been such a heavy user of ecstasy your brain will probably have suffered quite a downgrading of your serotonin receptors, and this means you have less serotonin in your brain.
And what this means to rolling is that when you roll you use up all your serotonin - it's what makes you roll. So if you've been such a heavy user the best thing to do would be to have a couple of months break and get back to an emotional baseline and then start supplementing with 5-HTP to make your rolls better
smile.gif

If you have any questions feel free to email me
vert
[email protected]
------------------
Awareness is a state of mind that most people choose not to be aware of

I've been doing e for about 3 years now... and every time I do it, it's like the first time.
I only roll about once a month. and when I do, I only do about... 1-1.5 caps.
I roll like a madman every time.
some food for thought...
1) if you ate french-fries, every day... day in... day out... for a few monts... wouldn't you be sick of french fries? (on a side note... I've done it... I never want to see another fuckin fry as long as I live)
2) if you get a headache... you take... 1, maybe 2 pain killers... (asparin, tylenol, etc etc etc) and the next time you get a headache... you take 1 or 2... and the next time... 1, or 2... still works, every time, like the last time. (well, not for me... I have severe migraine headaches.... but the anaology seemed appropriate)
3) if you've done your research on e... you know that anything more than essencially doubling the initial dose is useless. And any more than 2, is belived to be damaging.
use yer own judgement, and common sence... as I urge everyone to do.
------------------
"Hold me,
Feel me, NEVER LET ME GO!
Show me,
Need me,
cuz I want you to stay,
at least until,
THE BREAK OF DAWN!"

wow
jungle...i'm having the SAME problem lately....it's weird cause i don't roll nearly as often as most of my friends...but my rolls have gotten weird the last few times
i get REALLY quiet...and reserved
i'll spend the whole night in one spot and not even know it...and really deep thinking... i don't know
but i'm up to three pills a night... and i can't even really tell if the second and third are doing anything at all...i've also been preloading on 5htp for about 3 months now...basically everyday
can't tell if that does anything either...
frown.gif

i got two more big parties coming up...then i'm going to break till the spring i think...
*sigh*
------------------
soulfly
"I am more than a mathematical equation...i am more than a chemical combination... my existence cannot be reduced to a scientific theory!"

Herbal E is often Ephedrine or some variation of that. DOn't mix it with E, I did that once at Hyperactive and it was not good. It made my heart really speedy in a freaky way, it also made me feel pukey and my come down was awful. All my friends who did the same pills as me but who didn't take ephedrine did not have any of these effects.
Take a break. I took a 7 week break after my rolls stopped being so good. My first roll after the break was SO increadible. I only took 1 pill in two halves and i was rolling my face off even though it was considered to be a weak pill.
just take a break, let your brain clear up and then have a roll like it was your first time...
*hugz*
[This message has been edited by Jennika (edited 21 January 2000).]

Thanx for all the info guyz - Bluelighters are da best
smile.gif

I know what you mean though Soulfly - my boyfriend and I have been getting at least a 10 pack every time we roll, and after I take my initial dose I can't even tell if I'm at all effected when I pop pills after that.
It's unbelievable though - for instance - at Countdown 12 on New Years Eve.... When we were waiting in line we bought 5 pills to start (we wanted to try different kinds) - we got 3 double-stacked skittles and 2 yellow camels. Then as the night was progressing we got bullets (white), Molly pills - and I'm not sure how good those were... The guy was real nice, he let me taste them - they tasted kind of strong (compared to how they normaly taste) but they tasted real - and 1 or 2 double-stacked 8 balls. We ate a skittle (I forget if we ate 1 or 2) as soon as we bought them - but after that I can't recall anything else really kicking me at all - and even though I was happy and bouncy - I feel like it did little more than lift my spirits.
I totally lost count of how many pills I ate, I'm guessing around 7 - but I couldn't believe I wasn't completely FLOORED.
Oh well... Maybe abstinance is really my only option for now... And I could maybe take 5-htp as a daily supplement to promote the build up of serotonin *and think happy thoughts*.
As for the french fry theory..... I think that happened to me with chicken. I can't even look at chicken now. I ate it a lot, and then I got a job in the "Carry-out Cafe" at a grocery store where I spent every day frying and spitting chicken. MMmmmmmm
wink.gif

smile.gif
*pEace*
smile.gif

It takes two weeks for your sertonin levels too replenish ,after that take a pill than peak and take one cap o ghb and you feel the effects of the high!!!DOPE

Countdown 12 was a pretty phat party - at least I thought so. Lots of people were telling me not to go cuz they said it wouldn't be worth the money - but I had a great time. Yeah - they had a lot of live performances with keyboards and other shit (which was a first for me to see at a party, I usually just see a Dj and 2 turntables)..
Except they had the JuNgLe in this tiny ass room.... Why do they do that?!? Have you ever noticed that? At some partys they put the Jungle/Drum 'n Bass in a closet! They should do it like they did at Engage and have an entire HUGE room devoted to that shit. Anyways.... The people there were really great - with the exception to a few assholes who were selling people 20 bags (and 40 bags) of flour saying it was K... People were saying they were BTS - but I don't know... I have a feeling BTS is way over-rated as far as the number of people that are in it (of course I could be wrong).
Oh well..... They had some really good hardkore (I think it was Rob Gee). I think I might be going to Countdown 2000 - it's supposedly going to be pretty good..
smile.gif
*pEace*
smile.gif

Cool i really wanted to go to that party but there was noway i coud afford it. do you have any info on countdown 2000?

I think it sounds like you need to take a break. Not only does your body get used to the chemical, your mind gets used to the feelings and experience of the whole thing and then it doesn't seem new anymore. Have you ever noticed that if you've taken 3 pills and have been rolling for hours that you don't feel unsteady walking anymore? (not only that, there are other things too, that's just an example). Your brain adapts very quickly. You're not having fun anymore b/c you're just too damn used to the whole thing - physically and mentally.

Countdown 2000... Hmm.. I think my boyfriend knows what's going on with that one - but if not I know I could find out easily - check the party meetups section and as soon as I find out I'll start a thread with all the info I can find.
smile.gif
*pEace*
smile.gif

Actually since there isn't a whole lot of info available for Countdown 2000 at the present moment - I'll just post a followup here - Countdown 2000 will be June 22 and it will be in New Jersey - exact venue hasn't been announced yet (at least I don't think it has) but I'm sure that in a few months they should have flyers out and if I find out anything more before then I will post in the Meetups/Events section.
smile.gif
*pEace*
smile.gif

MY ROLL SEEMED NOT TO BE AS STRONG AS IT USED TO BE SO I DECIDED TO CANDY FLIP. I TOOK A MILLENUIM PILL (MM), A HIT OF WHITE BLOTTER, AND A HALF OF A CHOCOLATE CHIP MITSHIBISHI, IT WAS ABSOLUTLY INCREDIBLE. I ROLLED FACE FOR ABOUT SEVEN HOURS. BUT NOW I'M GOING TO TAKE A BREAK FOR A WHILE AND LET MY LEVELS GET BACK TO NORMAL BEFOR ROLLING AGAIN THAT IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO.