• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Has anyone ever injured themselves to get a script for opioids?

If so, how did you do it?
I don't think this was ever a real thing other than scaremongering within the medical ranks. If you're an opioid addict the dose they administer for trauma to an opiatr naive person won't even get the addict well.

Why be crippled and hurting for tens of thousands in medical bills when heroin is cheap in comparison?

I don't think this works anymore unless you're lucky/competant at finessing doctors, there are people with broken spines not given scripts.

You generally get nothing outside of a hospital now unless you are in the club already and found the right doc.

I had an relatively noninvasive surgery back in the early 2000s. The doctor was basically onboard though. Best way is to be in long term care for an issue you already have.

Yea it should be reiterated that nowadays they hardly give out opiates even in the more dire cases. I really hope this is not a thread to get ideas on how to execute such a plan, because as has been said you’ll get fuck all in opiates for the massive amount of bills and pain you’ll suffer in return. Plus it’s plain stupid.

I knew a guy that actually shot himself in the foot for opiates, he also got put on “the list” for addictive behavior.

-GC

It wouldn't be worth it, when I was addicted to heroin due to my tolerance heroin didn't even provide much pain relief so if I got hurt I would still feel the hurt, even if I got opiates. In fact I think you'll find that opiate addicts complain about pain more than your average person.

I crashed a dirt bike broke my tailbone and almost broke my back. The ER dock was so paranoid of drug seekers he accused me of doing this to get pain meds and told his resident thats that what I was doing.

In reality I usually drove a yz400 and was riding my friends ktm200. We were riding the adobes in Montros CO and because of the bike change I was feeling like Jermy McGrath.. we rode the adobes and then dropped into this track.. I hit a triple thinking it was a double.. completely bottomed out and nearly broke my back. I wasn't even taking opiates at all at the time and certainly wasn't hurting myself to get them. Anyway lunatic ER doc suffering from Medical Worker Drug Seeking Syndrome.. denied me pain meds.. so I hobbled to my family doc and got a script and a doughnut for my poor broken tailbone,

Pretty much gave up motorcycles after that.. they are the fucking coolest thing right up until they are not.

Another time I went into the doctor because my ankle all of the sudden was in severe pain for no reason with no swelling.. I couldn't even walk. They thought I was faking it for drugs. I wasn't and had full bottles of methadone and Roxy. The fucking retarded desk bitch even chastised me as I walked out. That was after I had a thirty minutes talk with the idiot dr where basically I told him I was not looking for pain meds, over and over, but wanted to know why the fuck I was having severe pain with no apparent injury or other symptoms.

When I was really sick and had to go in for IV fluids I used to shake my pain med scripts above my head like cucarachas. and say im not here for pain meds to try and treat other medical workers suffering from Medical Worker Drug Seeking Syndrome. Press one for billing.

Last edited:
Does anyone who does this really make the high good for you? Knowing how disrespectful you are to yourself that not only causing your own injury to get high, but also lying about some "accident with a car door" or etc.

I know this is far from the lowest any opiate lover has gone for their lovely "mood enhancer" pills/what have you.. but something about this bothers me lol! Not shaming anyone has done this bc I do understand it.. but like can't you just get opiate some other way jesus?

I don't recommend blowing some guy for the drugs either but god damn that seems morally better and I don't know why. Please be safe.

Does anyone who does this really make the high good for you? Knowing how disrespectful you are to yourself that not only causing your own injury to get high, but also lying about some "accident with a car door" or etc.

I know this is far from the lowest any opiate lover has gone for their lovely "mood enhancer" pills/what have you.. but something about this bothers me lol! Not shaming anyone has done this bc I do understand it.. but like can't you just get opiate some other way jesus?

I don't recommend blowing some guy for the drugs either but god damn that seems morally better and I don't know why. Please be safe.
Dude, it sure sounds like you’re passing judgement. Be like me saying “No offense, but you’re making moral assessments over what someone does in the absolute depths of despair and self-loathing that is addiction makes you sound like a self-righteous asshole. I’m not an asshole though!”

If a dick was just a dick and wasn’t attached to some guy who was going to exploit you… It might be safer. I knew all the quantities that were likely to arise out of having a surgical procedure. Also, I only had to do it once. If I had sucked a dick for the amount of drugs I got out of my deal I would have been sucking A LOT of dick. It would have ended badly.

I don't think this was ever a real thing other than scaremongering within the medical ranks. If you're an opioid addict the dose they administer for trauma to an opiatr naive person won't even get the addict well.

Why be crippled and hurting for tens of thousands in medical bills when heroin is cheap in comparison?

I don't think this works anymore unless you're lucky/competant at finessing doctors, there are people with broken spines not given scripts.

You generally get nothing outside of a hospital now unless you are in the club already and found the right doc.

Remember, everywhere apart from the US, medical care is free, for a start.

Remember, everywhere apart from the US, medical care is free, for a start.
Nothing is free. It's just taken away from your paycheck as a taxation for medical care. More like a collectivist way of paying vs individual. But it is not free and if one is lucky to be disease and injury free he is actually paying a whole lot for his own medical care.

Havng said that I firmly believe that free access to most modern medical care should be basic human right these days. But since we are treated like slaves and we do not rebel that money goes to military for waging wars. But don't want to derail...

As for OPs question - no. But if somebody is thinking about it I would respectfuly recommend to treat an addiction or mental issues that are driving those thoughts and behaviours. Remember people injure/self-harm themselves for free as an poor coping mechanism so I don't think the root cause is opioid addiction if that is on someone's mind. And if it is then there are better ways to treat it.

P.S. I am commenting from a particular point of place where I live and experience I had.

Nothing is free. It's just taken away from your paycheck as a taxation for medical care. More like a collectivist way of paying vs individual. But it is not free and if one is lucky to be disease and injury free he is actually paying a whole lot for his own medical care.

Havng said that I firmly believe that free access to most modern medical care should be basic human right these days. But since we are treated like slaves and we do not rebel that money goes to military for waging wars. But don't want to derail...

As for OPs question - no. But if somebody is thinking about it I would respectfuly recommend to treat an addiction or mental issues that are driving those thoughts and behaviours. Remember people injure/self-harm themselves for free as an poor coping mechanism so I don't think the root cause is opioid addiction if that is on someone's mind. And if it is then there are better ways to treat it.

P.S. I am commenting from a particular point of place where I live and experience I had.

Nope. I've never paid taxes = free for me.

Does anyone who does this really make the high good for you?
the only time i've had medical opiates was enough morphine to keep me basically unconscious and while i was conscious i could still feel the pain of my smashed elbow, though it was dulled, and actively wanted to die.

heroin used recreationally made me feel lovely when it chose to (i.e. mostly it just kept me well). so in my one experience, i'd say that opiates for real physical pain have quite a different, less recreational, effect.

i echo @neversickanymore even considering this is a sign you need to get help.

Ooops sorry, then someone else payed it for you. But it's not free. I believe you understand my point... 🙂

Back on the thread.
Maybe it's not free but also there's not someone that bribed the government overcharging 10x compared to what the same treatment costs everywhere else

Welcome back. Good to see a post from ya.

Nope
but I once owned 2 arm slings and an orthopedic boot to get a lot of them

I've never really faked an injury for pain meds, but I've gone to certain urgent care doctors with really mild workplace injuries (I was bitten by a pitbull on the hand while working a shift at the veterinary clinic) and ended up walking out with 60 Norco 5's (Hydrocodone) which was pretty crazy. I am a longtime pretty aggressive transiion skateboarder (I skate mostly pools and miniramps and stuff) and I've gone in for hip injuries and massive bruises where my hip swells up and turns purple, and left with percocets or hydrocodone back in the good old days (about ten years ago). There was a really "compassionate" student doctor at UNC Asheville when I was a student and I used to get tons of scripts of these pills that were a phenobarbital/caffeine/tylenol/and codeine for headaches (I'm a type 1 diabetic). The only time I ever really faked an injury for prescription opioids was this one time I had a tooth pulled that wasn't bothering me nearly as much as I said it was just for a prescription of 20 5mg Roxy's.... Yeah I have had some pretty bad lows in my addiction over the years, but damn, the falla above me who said he knew a guy who shot himself in the foot!!! That's gnarly.

Basically, my point is, I've never really faked an injury, but I have definitely pretended the pain was worse than it was for a legit injury.