• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Has anyone else bought what was supposed to be heroin and had this happen (ill effects)?

Acidalluvia

Greenlighter
I've been a bluelight lurker for over a decade and I have tried to find variations of this question and I've had no luck. I saw one thread where someone was talking about losing all control of their body after iv'ing what they thought was heroin/fentanyl. It was said that they had a seizure. However, as I have bought this stuff from several different people, I know it's not just my husband and I experiencing this. We're located in America's south (TN). I posted this in the heroin fourms because it's sold as such, but it test positive for fentanyl with test strips. Anyway, as soon as you do a shot of this stuff (and I've bought it tan, brown, and white) you get a really scary, unpleasant feeling. Your heart races, you almost feel stoned or an out of body feeling, you're anxious and there's no real opioid effect other than your withdrawals are slightly less intense. I just think, as a dealer wouldn't you not fuck your stuff up with whatever this is? Has anyone else ever had this happen? What did you do? I'm so sick of spending our hard earned money only to get home and find out that whatever we just bought is garbage and due to whatever this is in it you can't just do more to get to whatever little opiate there may be in it.

That's very odd. I've had weird short "seizure" like side effects from certain fentanyl analogues before (combined with other drugs), but none of the other symptoms you describe.

There are so many opioid RC's and dozens of fentanyl analogues now that all have different effects and side effects it's going to be impossible to tell you what's in your H without sending it to a lab.

You can spend $100 to have a lab tell you what it is, but if its really that bad just toss that crap away. Fent is not something to fuck around with really - especially IV.

I would find a new dealer :/ but even then corona virus has fucked up the world supply chain. Supply is down, prices are up and people are stepping the fuck out of H with fent.

Stay safe.

I think, in part, some of this stuff is just whatever cut they've chosen to throw to it. But I'm thinking of maybe doing a little more research on RC opiates. But still, these negative effects are completely out of the ordinary. Which still makes me think, why do these dealers continue to sell this shit. I've got it, in varying fourms, from at least 5 different dealers. I wish, so badly, that I just had a doctor to get clean opiates from. Prescribed, legal, and regulated. But that's another whole issue. Thanks for the reply,
BTW.

Which still makes me think, why do these dealers continue to sell this shit.

Dealers could put literally ANY shit into their dope and people will still buy it, unfortunately

I would suggest sourcing from the dark net. It's pretty expensive over there, too, at the moment. However, the quality is much higher than street stuff. Just make sure you do your research on how to do that so you don't get scammed.

What you are describing sounds like it may be cut with synthetic cannabinoids, which would include compounds with names like AM-2201 for example. Occasionally synthetic cannabinoids find their way into street heroin.

What you are describing sounds like it may be cut with synthetic cannabinoids, which would include compounds with names like AM-2201 for example.

Good insight, you're right. I've had some horrible effects like OP described on various synthetic cannabinoids. Hate that stuff. Just seems pretty weird to cut H with that crap, but very plausible.

Are there any threads here about reputable dealers from the dark net on here? Also, I've kinda thought that. Or maybe, because they all smoke high grade hydro weed, maybe it got contaminated somehow, in transit maybe? But, there's the very uneasy feeling to it and rapid heart beat. So, it's something else maybe. I used to see stamp bag threads, as harm reduction. In TN, though, we really don't have bags persay. I wish there was a legal way to worn other people in your area about a certain dealers product. Maybe when their profits start declining, they'll think twice.

It would not be possible for it to get contaminated by marijuana (at least in the manner you suggested). Synthetic cannabinoids are synthetic drugs made in labs that are much stronger than compounds found in marijuana. They are added to heroin occasionally as they are cheap and powerful but its a pretty shitty thing to do.

And unfortunately we don't discuss sources here in bluelight...

Sounds a lot like like shooting bupe if you have an opi addiction (but it’s very small).

Only other possibility is an allergic reaction to something in there. A histamine rush can definitely feel as you’ve descrbed.

I just went through this exact experience. Good plug so far gave me my usual. I did about half my usual amount to start slow. I noticed, though, leftover in the cotton/cooker much more black/dark gunk. Also the color of the mix was much darker than should have been considering using less.
I did the shot and instead of the usual pins and needles, my heart started racing and I started bugging out like I’ve never experienced. Hard core heavy tripping out of body like experience. I tried calming myself down with limited success. I eventually came down and went to bed and chalked it up to it being more doses per day than usual.
Next morning, I set up my normal amount and same thing: bunch of dark junk, darker water, etc. the color of the shot was darker than usual too even with wheel filtering (as I always do). I did the shot and almost immediately was like “this isn’t right”. I started bugging like I’ve never experienced before. I just absolutely could not believe this was life is about the only way I can explain the feeling. The closest I’ve ever felt to it before was salvia but not as much body feeling. I was absolutely freaking out “how can I go to work like this?” And “I don’t think I’m ok” type thoughts. I eventually managed to keep calm enough to let it pass, but I did not enjoy nor want that experience again. I wish I had experience with dmt/ket to know if the feeling were familiar.
Anyway, plug said he was told this was “better” stuff and took their word. He came back thru and replaced with the chunky chunks so were all good and he promised never again.
I tried to run some tests on the stuff: merck was like a dark brown/green which indicated mdma and/or maybe some morph. I also ran an h quality test (both bought on net, glad to have) and it indicated VERY low h content.
Curious, though, the first instinct of the left over black particles almost made me think of coffee but it doesn’t seem like caffeine would cause such a strong dissociative experience like that.
Any other ideas what it might have been?

This is an example. The compound circled in red is a synthetic cannabinoid

You can inject cannabinoids? fuck!

a strong dissociative experience like that
It wasn't K, maybe another analogue from the Arylcyclohexylamines class, some are very manic and can cause psychosis others are also known to act on opioid receptors

Here's just one possible idea

It could be absolutely anything though to many fake crap out there billions of random analogues too

You can inject cannabinoids? fuck!

It wasn't K, maybe another analogue from the Arylcyclohexylamines class, some are very manic and can cause psychosis others are also known to act on opioid receptors

Here's just one possible idea

It could be absolutely anything though to many fake crap out there billions of random analogues too

You would think that PCP analogs or other arylcyclohexylamines would be more common than synthetic cannabinoids as heroin contaminants but interesting i havent come across any analytical results where they were present, aside from I believe ketamine, which was perhaps once.

Synthetic cannabinoids for whatever reason are much more common. I would be mad as hell if I bought heroin or fentanyl and it had synthetic cannabinoids as I hate synthetic cannabinoids and find them trippy and uncomfortable (though sometimes they are technically more euphoric than THC). It would be pretty much unusable for me, though it would alleviate withdrawal as it is almost always accompanied with some fentanyl. Im not a dissociatives fan but id rather have 3-meo-pcp as a contaminant than synthetic cannabinoids. Here is another example:

I bet dude making the bags is getting those Cannabinoids as a sample from the Vendor they get the Fentanyl from and think it's a good idea for some reason to mix it in. One of the batches of Dope I got a couple weeks ago was causing me to get visual effects like wavy and rippling walls like I was watching water. But aside from that I had an Opioid high so it deff had some type of Fent in the mix as well and was enjoyable nonetheless. Sorry bout this happening to you sadly the Heroin Scene in the States is completely fucked these days.

I, too have been getting this horrible stuff. I encountered it for the very first time at the very beginning of the Pandemic, just as States began instituting control measures. I remember because I had tried a fairly small test dose IV, got it in, noticed it felt "different," initially not bad, per se, then this uneasy feeling began getting stronger and I could feel my heart beating faster and harder. Curiously, I began to have major problems thinking or joining thoughts together in a way that was useful. It kept getting worse so I went to my roommate, who used to use, and told him that I thought something was wrong with me, it felt like I was having a major negative cardiac reaction to what must have been some bad cut in the heroin. After a while of trying to calm me down unsuccessfuly, I said we should head towards the hospital just in case it gets worse.
As we pulled up to the Emergency Room, I noticed that they were staging cars and people were wearing masks and other PPE, so I said, wait, I don't want to go through all this, just park and give me a bit to try to calm down. After sitting in the dark parking lot, just concentrating on my breathing, the awful feelings began to ease and we went home. I immediately fell asleep once back.
I talked to the person I got it from, they didn't really believe me, though. Then it happened again a few weeks later from a different source. They both said it must have something to do with me, since they liked the stuff I got. Then, almost every other bag I would get had a different variation of this awful feeling, in different proportions of regular diacetyl-morphine (which I can always differentiate the feeling of it versus an adulterant in the mix) and this other stuff.
I finally thought encountering this crap was over as States eased restrictions, because I got on a good run of finding real heroin, until yesterday, when I spent two hundred bucks on stuff I don't even want to use.
It really sucks when all you can do is keep throwing money out there in the hope that maybe, just maybe, you'll get something that works.
I'm glad I'm not the only person that has been having this issue, though.

I, too have been getting this horrible stuff. I encountered it for the very first time at the very beginning of the Pandemic, just as States began instituting control measures. I remember because I had tried a fairly small test dose IV, got it in, noticed it felt "different," initially not bad, per se, then this uneasy feeling began getting stronger and I could feel my heart beating faster and harder. Curiously, I began to have major problems thinking or joining thoughts together in a way that was useful. It kept getting worse so I went to my roommate, who used to use, and told him that I thought something was wrong with me, it felt like I was having a major negative cardiac reaction to what must have been some bad cut in the heroin. After a while of trying to calm me down unsuccessfuly, I said we should head towards the hospital just in case it gets worse.
As we pulled up to the Emergency Room, I noticed that they were staging cars and people were wearing masks and other PPE, so I said, wait, I don't want to go through all this, just park and give me a bit to try to calm down. After sitting in the dark parking lot, just concentrating on my breathing, the awful feelings began to ease and we went home. I immediately fell asleep once back.
I talked to the person I got it from, they didn't really believe me, though. Then it happened again a few weeks later from a different source. They both said it must have something to do with me, since they liked the stuff I got. Then, almost every other bag I would get had a different variation of this awful feeling, in different proportions of regular diacetyl-morphine (which I can always differentiate the feeling of it versus an adulterant in the mix) and this other stuff.
I finally thought encountering this crap was over as States eased restrictions, because I got on a good run of finding real heroin, until yesterday, when I spent two hundred bucks on stuff I don't even want to use.
It really sucks when all you can do is keep throwing money out there in the hope that maybe, just maybe, you'll get something that works.
I'm glad I'm not the only person that has been having this issue, though.

Did it remind you of a weed induced panic attack? Any stoned-like feeling to it?

Sounds a lot like like shooting bupe if you have an opi addiction (but it’s very small).

Only other possibility is an allergic reaction to something in there. A histamine rush can definitely feel as you’ve descrbed.
Agreed

Did it remind you of a weed induced panic attack? Any stoned-like feeling to it?
Nope, what it feels most like is taking way too much methamphetamine, like your heart's going to stop, but it's also like you feel really dumb and can't make up your mind about what to do. It's such an unpleasant and paradoxical reaction. I do not recall it feeling like weed, though. It's so strange and such an insidious problem.

Last edited: