• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

has anybody here went to school to be a physical therapist? or assistant?

HYDRO_CHRONIC

Bluelighter
ive been looking into this since i read about it being up there on the list of growing professions well the assistant part is what i think i read....

but anyway any advice,dos or donts????

I have a friend who is about to graduate from physical therapy school and LOVES it!

Also, check out the forums at indeed.com for specific careers. Lots of OCCUPATIONAL therapists, while well-paid, are bored to tears with their jobs. Physical therapists AND physical therapist assistants seem genuinely happy and fulfilled (and well-paid to boot).

I had to do physical therapy. The people who worked with me were really nice and professional. It's definitely something you should consider doing IMO, you would be directly helping other people, and it feels good to know you're helping people out.

i work for a software development firm specializing in EMR/practice management for enterprise physical therapy organizations- there is * definitely* still good money in this field, the industry regulations are a bit more lax than medicine. it is also easier to run a successful boutique clinic with health and nutrition services, weed out your lower reimbursement payers and $$$.

i tend to find that PTs make savvier businessmen than MDs :p