• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Has anybody ever experienced anything like this? (Odd mental effect)

MissFormaldehyde

Bluelighter
I was just reflecting on an experience I had last year and realized I never read anything like it or have exactly experienced it since so I figured this was the best place to share my experience. It wasn't unpleasant, just a little weird.

Me and a group of friends were at a warehouse event and 3 of us decided to get into a little more fun other than just a few beers & dancing like the rest of the posse. We didn't get there until after midnight as there was no rush when it wasn't over for awhile. We snorted a little bit of sassafras, but, I really didn't feel anything that much really except a subtle high off it.

Eventually, somebody in our trio found Molly which has been a friend of mine since my teens. The room was was dark except for strobe and blacklights, but, it was off-white looking powder in clear capsules from what I could see. I don't remember if there were crystals or not. Anyway...I took like 1 or 2 $20 (read that is anywhere from 100-150 mg) capsules. I remember there being an extra and our guy friend handing it off, but, don't remember if if me or our girlfriend took it.

Felt good the rest of the night. It took a little longer to kick for me and girlfriend because we ate before the party and also just swallowed the caps. We left the event and went to chill at one of our friends' houses that drove to the rave with us. Smoked a little weed which also wasn't unusual for times I've rolled.
Flash forward to around 4/5 AM when I decide to get a ride home still rolling. Get changed and cuddle up since it's a cold night. I don't know if it was happening already and I just didn't notice it earlier because I wasn't around stimuli anymore, but, it's like my mind wouldn't shut off and it was going in patterns.

I'd think,"Alright ,girl. Relax and go to sleep." and go into a mental tangent about the last thing I thought about. I forget exactly verbatim anymore but as an example, it was like"sleep....sleep cycles consist of NREM and REM. REM wrote "Radio Free Europe". Europe is a continent." And on and on. Nothing I thought of was immune. Even if I forced my brain to shut up for a minute and refocus on say....what I was doing Monday so I'd drift off, it started all over again. It's like every thought triggered a related stream of them.

I eventually was able to fall asleep and felt alright, but, couldn't help but be like,"WTF was that sorcery? :? XD "

Dont really have an answer for you, but the same exact thing happens to me when i smoke weed. Not mdma though

I get that when trying to sleep on the tail-end of stimulants combined with smoking weed... It's rather annoying when unwanted but if you are still up talking I kind of enjoy it x).

I get that when trying to sleep on the tail-end of stimulants combined with smoking weed... It's rather annoying when unwanted but if you are still up talking I kind of enjoy it x).
Yep, same for me. Though in my case it usually only happens when I did a high dose (+250mg) and indeed weed amplifies it to a certain degree. I don't think it's anything to be worried about, that it's normal with stimulant use. Other classes of drugs have this as well sometimes, for instance hallucinogens

Could be that you had it happen because you did take that second capsule. If it's good product that would bring your dose to 200mg-300mg which is a high one, certainly for a female

Last edited:
Yep high dose MDMA can result in pretty weird thought patterns. Back when I rolled every other week for a few years I would be on 500mg at least up to a gram. I could be talking to my mate and then forget what we were even talking about, maybe walking somewhere and suddenly stop and have no idea where we were. When MDMA breaks down in the body it deposits as
MDA and in high dose rolls that can get pretty surreal and trippy

Yep high dose MDMA can result in pretty weird thought patterns. Back when I rolled every other week for a few years I would be on 500mg at least up to a gram. I could be talking to my mate and then forget what we were even talking about, maybe walking somewhere and suddenly stop and have no idea where we were. When MDMA breaks down in the body it deposits as
MDA and in high dose rolls that can get pretty surreal and trippy

^ hit the nail.

You were in that special hour when the MDA is really showing it's true beautiful colors (and thought patterns :D). I love writing down the useful thoughts that appear as a result of those heady mental tangents.

Dont really have an answer for you, but the same exact thing happens to me when i smoke weed. Not mdma though

same here

if i smoke TOO MUCH weed i actually start hearing these thoughts as if they were voices in my head

but it goes away

^ hit the nail.

You were in that special hour when the MDA is really showing it's true beautiful colors (and thought patterns :D). I love writing down the useful thoughts that appear as a result of those heady mental tangents.

I have had some really really strange hallucinoations from this happenening, and they are not like psys either, very hard to explain actually. It is kind of like a dream world at times, and the visuals seem so real right there in front of you. Many people know of the whole 'why are all my friends wearing glasses' thing, had that many times. Had a friend about 30 yards away run up to us, as he did his face changed into 3 people along the way that i knew. I've seen gambling machinces lit up in forests, my friend walknpast me on a horse, all kinds of crap, good crap, these moments can make a night.

Interesting, everybody. I never knew about the MDA thing. That's the first I've heard of it.

And I never really had hallucinations or strong visual effects, though, I also never took more than I said in this thread. I am curious to see these higher does at work. Especially when I haven't rolled since June.

Usually for me, FYI, in this related-department:
-brighter lights and colors
-choppy/laggy vision
-eye wiggles (50/50 with capsules I've encountered over the years)

Mentally:
-must talk to everybody even though I have social anxiety
-euphoria and content x100

What you describe is almost a 'flight of ideas' and it is certainly tangental thinking, both of which would be described as thought disorders and which are commonly found in those with acute psychotic symptoms. Provided that you stop doing it when the drugs wear off then it is not to be surprised at or worried about as MDMA does have an active hallucinogenic effect.
Wags, Greyhounder

It has happened to me to have racing thoughts after smoking weed during stim comedowns. Nothing unusual, that's why I much prefer to pop a benzo and go to sleep :)