• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Has anybody else seen the EXACT same hallucination countless times on multiple psychs AND dissociatives?

BananadineSmacks

Greenlighter
Hello. This is something that's baffled me for a very long time. I have done LSD probably a hundred times, and at some point I saw a very odd CEV during one of my trips.

It's a very photorealistic and clear hallucination including a metal rack at the top of my vision with a receipt hanging down from it, with a clearly visible barcode and even indecipherable but crisp text. Below that is a yellow notebook, that is repeatedly getting slapped by a cat's arm and paw coming from the right (weird, I know). On the rack or slightly below, to the right of the receipt is a mesh of constantly morphing fluorescently colored hair and 3D letters interwoven together.

At the time I thought this would be a unique hallucination I'd never see again like all my other CEVs, but that was FAR from the case. Almost every trip succeeding this one led to me seeing the EXACT same hallucination, just as I'd remembered it. Even weirder, on one of my experiences with DMT I saw the exact same thing again!

That blew my mind somewhat, as I'd never expected to see it from something other than LSD. But, it didn't seem too crazy considering they're both 5HT2A agonists.

But it gets even crazier... a few months ago, nearly seven years after I first started seeing this, I was bored and took 300mg of DXM, as I wanted to give it another chance before I wrote it off completely. I tripped very hard and actually saw amazing CEVs for hours... and was beyond blown away when I saw the exact same freaking hallucination once again! How is this even possible, considering they are completely different substances that work in different ways, DXM being an NMDA antagonist?!

The only thing I can think of is that this weird imagery is for some reason stored in some small part of my brain and is triggered by the drugs, but even then that doesn't make too much sense considering I see it on multiple drugs that affect completely different parts of my brain (5HT2A agonists and NMDA antagonists). Wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar. Thanks.

Last edited:
Even though 5HT-2a psychedelics and NMDA antagonists have vastly different mechanisms of action, I believe that the results from both overlap quite a bit. The mental effects of course, not the physical :)

It does sound weird though, that you keep having the same visual/hallucination..

Even though 5HT-2a psychedelics and NMDA antagonists have vastly different mechanisms of action, I believe that the results from both overlap quite a bit. The mental effects of course, not the physical :)

It does sound weird though, that you keep having the same visual/hallucination..
Yeah, I could definitely see that as a lot of the closed-eye visuals I was getting from the DXM were shockingly similar in appearance and style to the ones I've gotten on LSD and other psychs.

I just think it's weird because while they may have similar effects, they affect the brain quite differently so I never expected to see that hallucination on DXM. Or really ever again at all after the first time I saw it, haha. Thanks for the response! :)

Have seen the same visual on lsd, ketamine and shrooms. Though mine was all of the same cartoon devil fractal wearing a top hat lol.

I get the same geometric subunits in different colors - and sometimes something that resembles arrays of ancestors covering the walls and ceilings of a cave that is my skull

Have seen the same visual on lsd, ketamine and shrooms. Though mine was all of the same cartoon devil fractal wearing a top hat lol.
I get the same geometric subunits in different colors - and sometimes something that resembles arrays of ancestors covering the walls and ceilings of a cave that is my skull
Thanks for the responses guys. Super validating and cool to hear that this isn't exactly an uncommon phenomenon.

I just want to say I think the OP’s user name really does smack. Fantastic. Hippies went along with the prank to see if the law
would remove bananas from stores. And yes, I have tried it. I still remember the odor of burnt banana skin.

As far as having the same hallucination over, I really can’t even remember anymore after so many trips. I’m sure I have.

I just want to say I think the OP’s user name really does smack. Fantastic. Hippies went along with the prank to see if the law
would remove bananas from stores. And yes, I have tried it. I still remember the odor of burnt banana skin.

As far as having the same hallucination over, I really can’t even remember anymore after so many trips. I’m sure I have.
Hahaha, thank you :) My father told me about his experience as well, going through all of the trouble of procuring, scraping and drying the skins in the oven, all just to smoke it and try to convince himself he felt something.

Interesting. I hope (and am sure) you had some great trips. Thank you for the response!