• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Harm reduction

Thegambler

Greenlighter
I have chronic back and I just took 10mg of Valium and now my back is hurting. I was about to to 20 mg of oxy/Percocet. I just want to make sure I won’t od or anything before I take them.

If somebody could just give me some reassurance on here sooner rathe than later I would really appreciate it!

Do you have a tolerance to the oxy? It goes without saying the risk is raised when mixing the two. You most likely will be fine but in the name of Hr, be careful but you should be fine. Don't go drinking a fifth of wild turkey.

Lol yeah I’m not drinking. I have a low to moderate tolerance I would say. I’ve had 3 back surgeries and have been on variance pains medication for awhile. I used to get the 30mg Roxy and would take around 180-240 mg a day but that was awhile ago when pain management wouldn’t give me any opioids.

Now I get them prescribed by me kidney doctor… I have stage 4 ckd, and some rare disease called iga nephropathy. Now I usually take no more than 40 mg of oxy a day.

Thanks for the response.

Assuming you are a relatively healthy human being, you'd have to take 4-5x that amount of both drugs before you approach anything remotely dangerous.
Depends what you mean when you say healthy lol. I have an incurable kidney disease that’s stage 4, and I’ve had chronic back pain for over 10 years, as a result of basketball injury, and a few car accidents (both as a passenger)

I ended up taking the oxy and obviously was fine but just wanted to make sure. Anyways thanks for the reassurance

Depends what you mean when you say healthy lol. I have an incurable kidney disease that’s stage 4, and I’ve had chronic back pain for over 10 years, as a result of basketball injury, and a few car accidents (both as a passenger)

I ended up taking the oxy and obviously was fine but just wanted to make sure. Anyways thanks for the reassurance

I guess I was mostly referring to heart or cardiovascular issues, or being elderly, a child, or grossly underweight.

I'm sure CKD could complicate things somewhat, but not to a large degree. I also have stage 2 CKD.

As long as they are legitimate one should be ok.
If it is street acquired meds I wouldn't trust it. Ever.
Peace