Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Harm Reduction suggestions??

Shulgin101

Greenlighter
"Hypothetically”, if I had $20k or $30k to spend on a harm reduction campaign aimed at people using/intending on using new and emerging drugs such as such as synthetic cannabis, or to alert people of the dangers associated with such drugs being consumed unwittingly (e.g., 25i-NBOMe slod as LSD), how would you suggest that I spend it?

I’m particularly thinking about getting information to people who don’t get information from erowid/bluelight/etc. Could social media be part of the strategy? For example, using social media to put out information that is responsive to changes in the market…

Really interested to hear people’s thoughts :)

For the greater good of the general public, I would be willing to have myself enclosed in a glass box in a public space with 20-30k worth of selected RCs which I would then consume over the course of a few days (if there's a-PVP in there, it may only last a few hours), while people crowded around to to observe the effects.

Such is my passion towards the cause of harm reduction.

<OK, now the real responses can begin>

Buy $25000 of said drugs spend $5000 on printed material, distribute drugs and printed material to 500 willing participants for possibly the greatest guerrilla marketing campaign of all time.

Heroin is a terrible, terrible drug. Therefore, in order to minimize the harm that other people will inevitably experience from this drug, buy $30k worth, meet me at an undisclosed location and give it to me. I will make sure that this horrible drug does not do any harm to anyone else.

Donate the money to people whos job it is to educate people about HR.

Or me and my dance troupe could inform the nation through the power of interpretive dance.

SERIOUS SUGGESTION (!!)

People need to be better educated on what is doing the rounds as 'ecstasy' (or whatever it's called)- everyone who buys pills these days should know what mephedrone, methylone, 6-APB etc etc are. Adulteration & substitution is so rife that many younger users genuinely have never tasted real MDMA...I don't even mean they've never taken a proper dose- I mean they've never taken MDMA, but they've taken HEAPS of mephedrone. That's fucked! There's nothing 'wrong' with taking mephedrone, but you should have a clue what you're putting in your body!

Because it would be an education campaign targeting a very specific group of drug users (ecstasy users who buy predominantly pressed pills) this would be both cheap and probably more effective than a larger campaign addressing the same issues on a societal level. For instance it would be very easy to cooperate with pill-testing tents at festivals, through head shops etc.

^THat's a top idea, limonov.

The word 'ecstasy' has become a become an umbrella term for 'random shit in a pill'. And as you say, it's exactly that kind of drug that certain people (ie. young, looking for the occasional fun time at a party or rave or whatever, possibly naive or overly trusting) are likely get into trouble with.

It's a travesty that there's lack of testing kits/stations for random pills and instead police sniffer dogs at festivals and so on, in favour of a 'hardline approach' towards drug use and 'just don't do it' attitude.

Then, when something goes wrong, like the young guy "Kwan" who recently died after taking an NBOMe of some sort (supposedly), the police come out with media reports saying "You shouldn't take these drugs because they are made by criminals and you don't know what's in them".... yeah... why is that, exactly?

Yeah that same train of thought to educate e users could or should be used for trippers to, education about the possibility that a tab might not be LSD etc etc

Some very funny suggestions people :D

Seriously though, I think getting people into pill/blotter/powder testing is good. I like the slogan EGA used one year on the wrist bans “Just Say Know to Drugs”. I’m reading Drugs 2.0 atm, and the author highlights that the RC market has been rebranded as the legal highs market; however, in doing so, it has moved from a niche scene of knowledgeable users into the larger population without this knowledge…

legalise safe, tried and tested drugs like ganja, coke, morphine so kids arent getting fucked up from shitty research chemicals.

legalise safe, tried and tested drugs like ganja, coke, morphine so kids arent getting fucked up from shitty research chemicals.

Fuck oath brother, i second that shit.

Chinese have been puffing opium for fucken 100s of years, they call it a super medicine that fixes everything and they are the best at maths so they know best

Last edited: