• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Harm Reduction -- One Possibility for Shaky-Handed Self-Injectors

Nicomorphinist

Bluelighter
Betwixt sometimes having shaky hands if I am overdue for some of the medications and having a circulatory system of a much smaller person, apparently, I really tore my arms up some years ago when they gave me a take-home course of Procrit, and it was 40 degrees Centigrade outside, so at least being nocturnal for the last several decades reduced the chances that the gendarmerie would beat the shit out of me and I would be doing the perp walk on the news, all for no good reason (as if there is one when it comes to drugs of any kind)

Well in any case, I asked for 25-gauge butterfly needles with my syringes and needles when picking up Dilaudid HP and it works much better. About 5-12 per cent of the time, the muscle and subcutaneous tissue of the arse cheek or leg will not cut it, so it needs to go in the main line. Usually when I am nearly incapacitated with pain and shaking when I have been unavoidablly detained by bureaucrats or traffic and am late for my medicine.

After I clean up with soap and water and swab the arm with alcohol, I stick the butterfly into a vein on my wrist or the left basilic vein and wait for it to self-register. Then the piece of adhesive tape I put about eight centimetres behind the plastic butterfly part of the apparatus I push down with my other hand, nose, or whatever, to stick it to the skin. Then I can take the filled syringe of Dilaudid, screw on the hub of the butterfly apparatus, pull back a little if the register is at all ambiguous, and then it let go, and bob's your uncle -- good as new in 10 seconds . . .

The other thing, a lot more hit & miss, was that in the distal portions of my upper legs right below the hips I used to get a register sometimes and confirmed it and then decided to press fire to begin and it was indeed an IV shot in effects. I think the veins involved, which sent up a kind of blood smoke ring into the syringe without pull back, went and hid someplace after I did that too much. If you happen to have stretch marks down there, X marks the spot, at least in my case, then the marks disappeared when I got a lot skinnier.

Last edited:
isn't this similar with what happens when doing blood tests? there too they use a needle first (although not butterfly ) wait 1-2 secs and attach the recipient in which the blood starts collecting, but instead of the recipient you would attach the syringe. will give this a try as I got a huge problem with shaky hands, I got them since I was a little kid and when withdrawal worsens the shaking it's a nightmare to shoot up.