• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Harm reduction: Cocaine cardio and hepatotoxicity protection advices thread

egotrippi

Greenlighter
Hello everyone,

I have been doing cocaine for some time, used to be too much considering my age, 37-38 years old at the time (up to 2 grams of really pure coke a week) but now I do it maybe once a month in lesser proportions.

Approaching my forties I couldn't help but focus on the risk taken to indulge and pretty much ruining the experience with a cocaine induced paranoia focusing on my heartbeat + having had physical sensations that alarmed me (nothing to rush to a hospital about, but since it was a first, it was already too much). I also have an Apple Watch that really didn't help as I couldn't help but looking at the heart rate during the use (I know...).

I did a full heart check (ultrasound check + endurance test) and liver check (blood test and hepatologist consultation) and everything is fine. Yet I cannot help but think that each time I do it is another assault on the 2.

So I wonder, as with MDMA pre and post loading, is there anything that can be done to mitigate both cardiac and hepatotoxicity of cocaine in moderate use?

The point is not to do it more but to limit as much as possible the dangerous side effects of the drug. I think such knowledge can be useful to anyone doing it to protect oneself as much as possible in a "if you're going to do it, might as well do it as safely as possible" kind of way.

I read NAC can help for the liver, not sure in which posology and i don't want to be writing false information. So if you know anything that can help the community, please share it, with sources if possible as anecdotal reports can be misleading, uninformed and dangerous.

If you think something is missing from the initial post do not hesitate to suggest.

Thanks for reading.

PS: For the sake of keeping this a useful thread please refrain as much as possible to any kind of lecturing or agressive behaviour.

Last edited:
So with the heart, are you worried about cardiac arrhythmia's/tachycardia? High blood pressure, putting pressure on heart? cardiomyopathy (disease of the heart muscle) causing enlarged ventricles? Chest pain? etc. etc.

Hi Chris. basically all the "stelath" dangerous side effect such as vasoconstriction, hardening of arteries, the side effects inducing cardiomyopathy and all serious conditions. I guess excluding direct cardiac emergency, chest pains and such can be attributed to muscle and nerves.

As you can guess I am no expert in that field and I guess a lot of us are the same and could use some educated information on the topic as there is not much info out there on the topic (maybe because there is little that can be done, but this is what this thread is also trying to find out).

The idea is to list all leads and proven approaches that can mitigate the most serious side effects like it is done with MDMA and neurotoxicity withe repetitive uses. I guess there is no avoiding the immediate and serious life threatening side effects but what can be done for the cumulative uses side effects?

Thanks for participating!