• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hardened veins from IV use, are they still useable?

dnainxs

Greenlighter
I'm a long term (used to be "ex") IV drug user, and by that I mean everything water soluble has gone in my veins. However, I have a current problem from a binge of IV tianeptine and O-dsmt... I have harded my 2 main veins, beyond what I've experienced before, and I'm wondering if they are still "working" and just surrounded with scare tissue ( I not only reused rigs, but was IV'ing 2-3cc's of Tianeptine solution most recently)? I have other smaller veins but when using something requiring so much liquid, It's very hard for me to hit w/out missing, a full 3cc's... But I cannot tell if it's more from reusing the rigs AND the fact that Tia solution (water,alcohol,pg,tia) is terrible for veins, or if it's primarily one or the other. Each elbow vein I use, feels like a ligament rather than a vein, for reference. You'd think I would take this as "stop shooting up", but just in case, I'm wondering if I can still use these veins, and just need to use fresh rigs to get through the scar tissue (if thats what it is) or if they are no longer functioning veins. Hope this makes sense. Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

I know this is obvious and you mentioned it, but you should definitely stop. Hardened veins are definitely not normal and may restrict blood flow. As far as still being useable, I don't know, and it's very risky to try.

I'm a long term (used to be "ex") IV drug user, and by that I mean everything water soluble has gone in my veins. However, I have a current problem from a binge of IV tianeptine and O-dsmt... I have harded my 2 main veins, beyond what I've experienced before, and I'm wondering if they are still "working" and just surrounded with scare tissue ( I not only reused rigs, but was IV'ing 2-3cc's of Tianeptine solution most recently)? I have other smaller veins but when using something requiring so much liquid, It's very hard for me to hit w/out missing, a full 3cc's... But I cannot tell if it's more from reusing the rigs AND the fact that Tia solution (water,alcohol,pg,tia) is terrible for veins, or if it's primarily one or the other. Each elbow vein I use, feels like a ligament rather than a vein, for reference. You'd think I would take this as "stop shooting up", but just in case, I'm wondering if I can still use these veins, and just need to use fresh rigs to get through the scar tissue (if thats what it is) or if they are no longer functioning veins. Hope this makes sense. Any help would be appreciated. Thx.
Their what's called thrombosed. It's called superficial venous thrombosis. Your veins can recover but not if you keep using.

Vitamin C can help veins recover, as can light massage, heat and cold.

You going to have to find another way.

To be honest if they feel like steel (they're collapsed at this point) or you can't register blood...they're done. Leave them alone. With that being said, the next better alternative isn't to go searching for other veins. Normally I'd recommend intrarectal as the next safest alternative...unfortunately I don't know much about that specific drug. If it's soluble enough for the blood though, logic seems to dictated the rectum acid will take care of whatever before it's absorbed into the vessels there. Obviously do your own due diligence though. One things for sure. Once those major superficial veins are collapsed they are gone forever. They carry the blood that maintains your life. Sure, some spider and varicose veins will regrow that will ultimately cause a ton of their own problems. You won't die. But it's not fun. Leave those veins alone and hope they can repair themselves. You only get them once.