• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Hard to take full, deep breaths while on meth?

tweakerguy

Bluelighter
Hey people, this isn't anything new with me. It's been a side effect for as long as i can remember.
A lot of times i'll even end up with sore lungs by the end of the night just from all the effort. Doesn't matter the ROA, it happens if i smoke or snort. Always goes away after i come down though.
Just curious if it happens with anyone else and why. I haven't personally known other users that have had this issue.

Last edited:
If it was only happening after smoking, it would be related to your lungs but since you experience it whatever ROA you use, a possible heart issue comes to mind. Another possibility is that people tend to use their chest muscles while breathing more often when on stimulants. Diaphragm is used dominantly for breathing so when you use the chest muscles instead during a binge, they get sour and hurt, just like the pain you get after exercising a different group of muscles.

These are just uneducated guesses and based on self experience so it would be smart to see a doctor about your heart and lungs.

Smoking and snorting both affect your lungs. I also believe that a heart issue could be involved. Try plugging it or taking it orally to rule out your preferred ROA.

Hasnt happened in a while now. Probably due to my ridiculous tolerance.
I almost miss the shallow breaths. Hindsight shows me that Getting them means im actually high lol.

Hey people, this isn't anything new with me. It's been a side effect for as long as i can remember.
A lot of times i'll even end up with sore lungs by the end of the night just from all the effort. Doesn't matter the ROA, it happens if i smoke or snort. Always goes away after i come down though.
Just curious if it happens with anyone else and why. I haven't personally known other users that have had this issue.
That’s normal.

It has happened to me since the first time I smoked! Now yes it could be a heart thing but more than likely it’s just from the fact that there is meth, a crystalline substance in your lungs.

This happens to me from any euphoric stimulant, some more than others. I think it is a function of the release of serotonin, perhaps, because it's most notable for me with serotonin releasers (which meth is).

It has happened to me since the first time I smoked! Now yes it could be a heart thing but more than likely it’s just from the fact that there is meth, a crystalline substance in your lungs.
I don't smoke. It happens anytime i get a decent high, no matter the RoA. I've had it since i started using too.
Im thinking its a hydration issue or, more likely a reaction in the brain from any cns stims.

I don't smoke. It happens anytime i get a decent high, no matter the RoA. I've had it since i started using too.
Im thinking its a hydration issue or, more likely a reaction in the brain from any cns stims.
Oh wow! I haven’t ever experienced that. I know IV users get a cold feeling in their chest I believe? Don’t quote me on it

When you lay on you're bed don't lay down on you're left side where the heart is located it's bad. In the Islamic religion they don't sleep on you're left side because it's bad for the heart. Either sleep on you're right side or lay down regular on you're back. Never the left side.
I notice when I lay down on my left side my heart beat becomes kind of unstable.
Anyways make sure to snort fat line of meth every once in a while and only smoke bomb glass that hasn't been cut and keep packing fat crystal rocks in you're pipe ! Also only fuck girls who want to smoke meth and stay up long throughout the night ! Stay frosty my friend!. Hope you're lungs get better.

IMG_3178_edited-1-1.jpg