• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Hard time sleeping after acid

Nsquillace1

Greenlighter
Last Monday was my first acid trip. My friend said it was a high dose tab. I was loving the first 5 hours of the trip then I smoked a blunt and that made my trip turn south really quick. I starting getting anxiety and parinoid that I will be stuck in the trip forever. This was always in the back of my mind whenever I thought about doing a hallucinogen but going into the trip I had a positive and happy outlook about it. So a week went by and it was absolute hell. For the whole week I had slight hallucinations, hard time sleeping, my emotions were fucked up and was in a panic because i kept thinking that what I was feeling will never go away. I got extremely depressed to the point where I got suicidal because i just wanted everything to end.

later that week on Saturday I had an extreme panic attack and I had to tell my parents. I kept circling my room in panic and my thought process felt as if it was fried. All I can think about was how scared I was and how I'm gonna be fucked up for life. After telling my parents my mom helped calm me down and we cried together. I was able to snap out of my panic and that night I had a good night sleep.

After that day I've been getting progressively better. The hallucinations stopped almost entirely the only thing Im seeing now is slight cloudiness and fuzziness in dark places. But my main problem now is that I cant seem to relax or concentrate anymore. I keep forgetting stuff at work and concentrating on a TV show or movie is kind of hard. I keep pushing the thought that I will never be the same again deeper and deeper in the back of my mind hoping to forget about it completely soon but it doesn't go away. And last night I had what I think is insomnia. It was like I wasn't completely asleep but the night went by fast, Waking up every few hours.

I'm starting to act more and more like myself each day but I still don't feel 100% I feel as if my thought process has changed. Ive always had a vast imagination and was always a thinker I would think abut everything and anything but I liked it. Now if I sit by myself all my mind thinks about is my traumatic experience I had and how I won't be the same. I keep trying to forget but I just can't get it to go away completely. I didn't have any mental conditions that I known about, nothing I had to get professional diagnosed accept for add/adhd that I had when i was a kid but smoking weed almost my entire teenage life kind of leveled that out. Im also somewhat Aniti social, like I don't really like to talk to much and have a bit of social anxiety but like I said it wasn't anything too serious where I had to go to a psychiatrist. I was also somewhat depressed at times but isn't everyone? I wouldn't say I had depression because I was always a happy kid and had a ton of hobbies that kept me occupied, now it feels like those hobbies don't intrust me anymore.

I was wondering if you guys have anytips to help me relax and get my mind back on the same track that it was

Last edited:
Dude you have made several threads about that one acid trip you had, I understand you're struggling with some of the after effects but really you're gonna be fine. Chill out lay off all drugs and eat healthy. You will be okay

You'll be fine bro. You have to trust us on that.

You mentioned that your actual trip was a good trip. Try to rely on that positive memory a bit. Get a little exercise, good diet, and accomplish a couple things that would make you go to sleep and say "I had a good day" and everything will go back to normal in a couple days.

Edit: I hate to suggest potentially dangerous drugs, but I myself rely heavily for sleep on alprazolam (or any other benzo will do in a pinch) at the tail end of psychoactive comedowns, but that's for the tail end of the actual trip.

It was your first time and therefore very profound. Additionally, yes, the blunt probably jacked you up pretty good. One common sense rule with first time psychoactives is stick to one, get to know it. Get a rough idea of how it works. The last five times I ate acid, first, I tried a little, then raised the dosage.

They were ALL wonderful trips.

You can always take more, but you can't take less.

Same thing goes for cannabis, alcohol, benzodiazepines, any drug.

Now, God only knows how intense your trip was. You magnified lots of thoughts and feelings, that you never did before, to this extent.
It may take a while for you to get calmed down and relaxed.

The point is, you will get calmed down and relaxed. As a lot of people have already stated, relax. I will agree that this was traumatic to a point for you, but you will.

I strongly suggest, as others have, you take a long break from drugs. Use this time for reflection. You have opened some doors, roll with it.

Again, this healing or rebirth may take some time, but all in all, you'll be fine. In fact, this should make you a stronger person. :)

For sleep, chamomile tea, valerian root, or those sleepy herbal teas, help a lot.

It was your first time and therefore very profound.

I strongly suggest, as others have, you take a long break from drugs. Use this time for reflection. You have opened some doors, roll with it.

My thoughts exactly.