• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hard Pill crushing?

mysticbeef

Bluelighter
I have a different brand of n+ codeine and the pills are really really firm. I want to crush them for CWE purposes...

Should I Just use a hammer? Lol

best method for crushing them is
take two pieces of thick paper, it helps if they're glossy
Put the pill in the middle of one paper and place the other paper on top of the pill
Use the bottom of a spoon and rock it over the pill until it is near flat
use a card to get all the powder in a pile

or

use a salad bowl and a spoon, the walls of the bowl should keep the flying pieces in one place

You can buy a pill grinder from the store I use them for CWE for my tylenol 3s they are very cheap

Yeah the pharmacy sells pill crushers/cutters for a few bucks.

I find putting it in a dollar bill and beating the hell out of it to work for me since no pieces fly anywhere

I just use an old credit card or something similar. Just place the pill on a plate or some other flat surface and press the card down, using your fingers to make the sure the edges are down (so pieces don't go flying). I've used this method for years and it works like a charm.

Not to brag but I have a fair amount of experience. To each there own on crushing. I like to be portable. I never leave without a Vic lighter. Pick a hard surface and roll bic lighter over it/them. No rush. Just gentle.
Regards

Not to brag but I have a fair amount of experience. To each there own on crushing. I like to be portable. I never leave without a Vic lighter. Pick a hard surface and roll bic lighter over it/them. No rush. Just gentle.
Regards
I dont think he wants little pieces flying everywhere

Thanks for the suggestions,

What i found the easiest was putting the pills in a glass half filled with water and crushing them in the water. This helped soften the pill and made the disintegration process a lot easier. I just used the wooden handle of a knife to crush them. Also it made hardly any noise that way, which wasn't a huge issue for me but might help someone else in the future if they are trying to be discrete.

Maybe it's because I've never crushed a pill for strictly recreational use so maybe I'm being a bit naive here, but why wouldn't a pill grinder work instead of these crazy methods?

Personally I keep everything I need in a pocket of my backpack, which goes everywhere with me. I have a small flat plate, a little box with credit card (and other cards like them) and a razor blade and finally, my bottle of pills. From what I can tell, it looks like a bunch of powder gets stuck up inside those pill grinders. The way I do it, everything I want to do ends up right on the plate. I actually snort from the plate, so it's all good. Call it a personal preference or whatever, I've always been most comfortable using this method (it's worked for me multiple times daily for probably 15 years). To each his own, I suppose.

Personally I keep everything I need in a pocket of my backpack, which goes everywhere with me. I have a small flat plate, a little box with credit card (and other cards like them) and a razor blade and finally, my bottle of pills. From what I can tell, it looks like a bunch of powder gets stuck up inside those pill grinders. The way I do it, everything I want to do ends up right on the plate. I actually snort from the plate, so it's all good. Call it a personal preference or whatever, I've always been most comfortable using this method (it's worked for me multiple times daily for probably 15 years). To each his own, I suppose.
Multiple times daily for 15 years?! I would hate to be u with ur withdrawls. Plus after that long the "fake happiness" will start to take over true feelings of happiness and ur life is shit without some drug....

Multiple times daily for 15 years?! I would hate to be u with ur withdrawls. Plus after that long the "fake happiness" will start to take over true feelings of happiness and ur life is shit without some drug....

I currently live my life without W/D's. I take the amount prescribed and although I have been on rather high doses in the past, I think I'm on a pretty reasonable dose now. Unfortunately, I have been in PM since I was in my 20's (I'm now 57) with bouts of being off a few stretches but mostly on. It's the hand I've been dealt and there's not too much I can really do. I haven't always taken my meds in the manner I am now. In fact, most of my life I never messed with any pill other than to just swallow it. Recently my tolerance is such that I need a bit more to take care of things but I am at the limit with the docs I see now. Doing them in that manner allows me a bump in strength without an increase in the actual meds. I don't know where you get your info from but I live a unbelievably normal life, no fake in it at all. Like I said, I deal with the cards I've been dealt and all in all, iife is pretty good.

I currently live my life without W/D's. I take the amount prescribed and although I have been on rather high doses in the past, I think I'm on a pretty reasonable dose now. Unfortunately, I have been in PM since I was in my 20's (I'm now 57) with bouts of being off a few stretches but mostly on. It's the hand I've been dealt and there's not too much I can really do. I haven't always taken my meds in the manner I am now. In fact, most of my life I never messed with any pill other than to just swallow it. Recently my tolerance is such that I need a bit more to take care of things but I am at the limit with the docs I see now. Doing them in that manner allows me a bump in strength without an increase in the actual meds. I don't know where you get your info from but I live a unbelievably normal life, no fake in it at all. Like I said, I deal with the cards I've been dealt and all in all, iife is pretty good.
I ment when u stop using drugs the withdrawls are gunna suck of course u would be living a normal life when u take the opiates everyday and are addicted but without them that would be hell. No disrespect of course.

I ment when u stop using drugs the withdrawls are gunna suck of course u would be living a normal life when u take the opiates everyday and are addicted but without them that would be hell. No disrespect of course.

No problem. Actually I've been told I'll be on these meds till the day I die. So, unless something bizarre happens, I won't have to deal with W/D's - Thank God!

No problem. Actually I've been told I'll be on these meds till the day I die. So, unless something bizarre happens, I won't have to deal with W/D's - Thank God!
By the way what kind of pain are you in if you dont mind my asking?

I am in the same boat as Beachbum so I actually don't care about upcoming WDs because I simply need pain killers to function as long as I kick the bucket.

My pain is due herniated discs and root compressions.

I am in the same boat as Beachbum so I actually don't care about upcoming WDs because I simply need pain killers to function as long as I kick the bucket.

My pain is due herniated discs and root compressions.
Hopefully nothing ever happens where the shit hits the fan and no one can get there prescriptions anymore.