• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hard lump under skin over a spot where I burned my vein?

Juniper Bruhmomentius

Bluelight Crew
Title has it all. I burned my vein using amphetamine. Now theres a centimeter by centimeter lump over the spot. What the fuck is it?

My inner elbow veins all turned hard, ropey or lumpy from shooting meth. Can’t even get a needle into them any more when doctor trying to draw blood.

I wasn’t sure. Nothing to be done right? They are what they are now?

Typically if they're cords of steel, there is no blood flow through them anymore and eventually your body will break those portions of the vein down, reabsorb them into your body and grow new spider veins to compensate. Whatever you can do to increase the flow of good, oxygenated blood may help mitigate the portion of the vein that becomes permanently collapsed (aerobic exercise especially) and may even save them, depending upon the severity of damage done.

Typically if they're cords of steel, there is no blood flow through them anymore and eventually your body will break those portions of the vein down, reabsorb them into your body and grow new spider veins to compensate. Whatever you can do to increase the flow of good, oxygenated blood may help mitigate the portion of the vein that becomes permanently collapsed (aerobic exercise especially) and may even save them, depending upon the severity of damage done.
Thanks for that. I actually searched here and and at D-F for info on exactly what had happened to my ‘cords of steel’ veins and did not find much that was helpful. Your explanation makes sense. Several times in desperation I’ve forced a needle into the dead centre of the steel cord where I knew the original vein must have been and never registered a single drop.

Several times in desperation I’ve forced a needle into the dead centre of the steel cord where I knew the original vein must have been and never registered a single drop.
Heartbreaking isn't it

My veins feel like someone filled them with cement after chemo.. I stopped about a month back and already I got new veins popping up alongside the old ones.

As always healthy diet, exercise, and I’ve also been using supplements that are good for cardiovascular health such as fish oil and CoQ10. Been meaning to give Nac a try per @Deru suggestion.

When I first started exercise again my little veins would hurt from the pressure of the blood flow but didn’t take long for them to stretch to a more comfortable size.

-GC

^ This is excellent advice. Also, an 81 mg baby aspirin or a glass of red wine daily (unless you're completely sober, then avoid this) will help increase blood flow to and hopefully through some of those vessels as well. The amino acid l-argentine, which converts into nitric oxide in the body, may be of use here as well, especially combined with resistance training.

2 months ago the techniciam could not draw blood from either of my inner elbows.

This week she got a hit first go and it gushed out. I’ve been excercising and taking a lot of fish oil and leafy greens.

I’ll admit it did trigger me and I got focussed on hitting myself up again at last. But I stayed strong!