• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hard around antecubital vein - HELP - freaking out!

CatcherInPopEfield

Greenlighter
Like a bad little girl, I lost my connect for micron filters and shot up some instant release morphine through my antecubital vein. I rarely IV as I prefer subQ, but I've NEVER had this problem before! I developed a hard mass around the area. It seems to be getting better, but it just feels hard. I have minor swelling that isn't really noticeable, no bruising, redness or heat. All in all everything looks pretty good except this hard feeling around the area.Thoughts? I am aware some will tell me go to the ER but I want to avoid that. Anyone experience this before? What did you do? I am massaging the area and keeping it clean. I plan to get a real good cardio session on to help blood flow, but I fear I may lodge filler in to my heart/lungs. Perhaps this is just swelling and I'm freaking for nothing?All thoughts welcome.

Well you already seem to know that going to the ER is what you should do if this gets any worse.

Can't you just order micron filters online? I would look around the web and order some because as i'm sure you know shooting unfiltered pills is about the worst thing you can do for your veins.

I don't IV so i can't really help you in that regard, hopefully someone with more knowledge on this will show up for you.

Is it swelling, is it painful in any way, is it swollen/inflamed looking (and not getting better after say 4-6 hours but instead getting worse).

Those are the three factors but if you're in any way on the fence about this go visit an urgent care.

To me, it sounds like a hardened vein much like I'd get with any number of pills, it's like a slight slight miss or a bludgeoning of the vein with a sharp that isn't fresh, or one with which multiple
attempts have unsuccesfully made to hit the vein with the same sharp before finally doing so. that causes the smallest amount of the solution to temporarily leak out of the vein (IMO) or some sort of allergic reaction happening right at the place of the vein where the injected solution was most concentrated, in a unfiltered solution, which causes the vein to get hardened like that. If you do it enough times eventually the vein simply will no longer work but it will heal, given enough time. Although I do believe there can still be irritation and swelling, eventual vein hardening, even with a micron filtered solution and a fresh sharp, depending on what the contents of the pill/drug is you have prepared are (some drugs are innately acidic etc)

Is this a knot or lump, or does the hardness run the length of the vein?

Thanks for replies, all. My arm is almost 100% normal today so that's good. It felt hard in & around the vein but it's almost back to normal.

g0to-- I think you hit the nail on the head as I did a lot of the things you wrote. Even though IV site is healing, some SubQ sites are not. Massive bumps in thighs that won't go down. Not shooting in those areas anymore.

Anyone know of a reputable place to buy microns online? I want to avoid scam sites.

Anyone know of a reputable place to buy microns online? I want to avoid scam sites.

E Bay is very simple and guaranteed not to be a scam or your money back. EBAY Microns .22um 25mm

I would recommend going with the Omicron Triple Layer PVDF filters as they are the strongest and the best value when lifespan of the filter membrane is factored in. The real cheap ones will blow out easily in a short time span.

Thanks Jekyl and all whom replied. Happy to report my brachial vein is 100% normal. I've never had trouble with veins so that was a scary experience, but as for the skin shots... sadly, all the places I SubQ'd are hard as a rock, bumpy and sore.

I guess some will scoff when they read this but I am going to make an honest effort to use my pills properly and swallow them whole. No more needles or anything that isn't my esophagus. If I can't get it together then I am gonna see the doc for comfort meds and get off this train... don't wanna sound preachy but the high really isn't worth it.

Well, preach away because you're preaching to the choir. Alot of us here have been in a similar position to where you're at or have taken steps towards beginning our recovery. Id like to recommend our subforum "Sober Living" it has helped me and many others. It looks like you're over it but something keeps you coming back. Been there 100%. I don't know what to say about those SubQ lumps and if they're abscesses or not however as long as they aren't inflamed or painful to the touch, they should go away on their own.

I'm not totally sure what's causing all these skin shots/lumps, but just make sure you're registering the shot properly before you shoot. It could be possible you are puncturing through the vein instead of just simply entering the vein one time. this would definitely be creating a lump or a hematoma. Just one of many causes as to what it could be though. Hematoma's go down with time, ice afterward and then apply heat after that the day you get one as soon as possible is ideal to help them go down. And definitely do not shoot on the same vein as where a hematoma is or even that same arm/leg if you can avoid it.

Hard limps aside- if you het symptoms of a lingering flu that wont go away despite the lumps getting better then thats CLASSIC endocarditis and you must go to ER.

Its hars to put the needle down however well worth it mate. I turned to the needle when I was young and again during times of great stress. But it doesnt and wont last. Sure the rush isnt there orally but neither is the damage mate. Its a trade up in that regard.