• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

Happy Motherfucking Bluelight Hanukkah <3

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Happy First Night of Hanukkah 2017, with good wishes to and gratitude for all jews and gentiles alike!!!

What did you get for the first night of Hanukkah?

I got free room and board for the winter holiday, and the challenges of spending a lot of time around family 8) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the joy of being sober, and the realization that I'm gaining weight, despite my efforts. Fun times.

That also sounds just about right :)

If I was religious I'd probably care more about the holidays, but it is a nice reminder of some tradition and culture out there I'm genealogically affiliated with.

Means by default I don't actually do anything for the holiday. Expect within you all on BL a happy one perhaps. That counts for something. So I guess this year I did light a proverbial candle of sorts today.

Sometimes it's nice to observe traditions, even if it is just a small gesture.

Precisely. The older I get the more I appreciate certain elements of tradition. Absolutely.

I like how the Festivus forum snow flakes look against that picture of the menorah. Very seasonal :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here, tradition is important. It does manage to bring a lot of people together

The downsides when it becomes ideology or dogma is depresses me so much that I can only get so excited about it though. Sometimes I wish I could get into some it more, even if just for the sake of identity, but I'm happy enough with my healthy leanings toward a kind of secular religio-spiritual pluralism.

Still, as you say, it's fun to do Hanukkah, even if it just means saying L'Chaim :)

That's what matters lol. I'm much the same, not really super religious but I do uphold a few traditions.

Not to worry, m80, you can turn into one quite easily.
All you need is a sharp (and preferably sterilized) knife and some curly hair locks and some glue.
Don't ask how I know.

Im not a Jew so dont get to partake. Oy vei.

This only display the fact you don't know any jews who's food you can enjoy :)

Not to worry, m80, you can turn into one quite easily.
All you need is a sharp (and preferably sterilized) knife and some curly hair locks and some glue.
Don't ask how I know.

Do I want to know what the glue is for? There is also the option of using a common curling iron and growing out your sideburn hair for those of us not blessed with thick Ashkenazi curls. Then again, with all the there are also a lot of Sephardics who just fine with out that sort of genetic requiment.

Requiment. Made up word. No reasons.