Happy corner

in a world filled with so much hate and, often, displaying so little compassion, somebody using such a simple greeting showing goodwill is kind of nice. supremely annoying? not to me.

ymmv...

alasdair

I think as a new yorker the scag finds "salutations" a little formal as opposed to a 2 or 3 letter greeting. Understandable because It's not frequently used in english as opposed to french I think (correct me if I'm wrong egzoset or venrak).

If it was something such as "hey alasdair" I think he would be much more receptive to it. Just my guess.

Salutations Chromophobia,

...correct me if I'm wrong Egzoset...

You'd be surprized, i wanted to use "greetings" but that would have sounded like a SETI broadcast by Carl Sagan!

4uezix.jpg

So, as a matter of fact i prefered the "salutations" formula simply because it happens to fit better most of the time, in comparison to "good morning" at 14:30, or 2:30 under a full moon, etc... Esthetics met function if you will, live long and prosper!...

;)

If it was something such as "hey alasdair" I think he would be much more receptive to it.

If a subject isn't worth attention then so be it.

=D

Last edited:
lol well in Quebec we'll often say "salut", which is basically the same thing.

Salutations Venrak,

...in Quebec we'll often say "salut"...

Ah yes, now that i think of it the word "salutations" is also the same in French.

So i don't need to worry what's the time of the day or the French vs English type of environment for that matter...

=D

Good explanation Egzoset, it makes a lot of sense from a time-zone stand point.

Thanks for the confirmation Venrak.

Salutations Chromophobia,

...from a time-zone stand point.

Yes, that too. Lets say i just make my opening sufficiently inclusive (read "convenient") relatively to time-zone concerns as well.

...no ones life is fixed all the time or broken all the time.

There's got to be patterns in how humans seek a proper mix of change and stability once in a while, each in their own universes... Which makes me think that monkeys don't fall dependant of their customized iPod (provided they could have any!) while humans do, etc. Animals satisfy with food, we humans have invented more levels way beyond our basic needs, for the challenge, whatever. I vaguely recall around college days there were mentions of an "Artificial Paradise" implying the risk of potentially "Crippling Addictions", as i'd put it briefly. Well, i find it a bit funny today when they talk on TV about teenagers living inside their prefered gadget - an artificial paradise which should be handled as an artificial addiction for many. Etc.

Anyway, how does it hurt society if iPod junkies are happy?

It's no essential food but i wouldn't want to be the one to attack it, nonetheless.

=D

Salutations Egzoset,

Anyway, how does it hurt society if iPod junkies are happy?

It wouldn't really, I would say it's more benign than a caffeine addiction. It has no negative societal consequences like a drug or gambling addiction. Even an addiction to an artificial gadget such as a computer could be viewed as a harmful tool. The other side of the coin is that the alcoholic uses the same glass as a water drinker.

In either case, I don't see how the same could apply to music. Each addiction is different, and each carries different risks. You can't put them all in the same basket, even for the sake of discussion.

Hi Chromophobia,

Each addiction is different, and each carries different risks.

Relatively to risks, i'd be tempted to refer to some article published on a web site called StopTheDrugWar, but i don't suppose it would be popular around here...

You can't put them all in the same basket, even for the sake of discussion.

That wouldn't be my prefered subject in a thread titled "Happy corner" anyway.

=D

Salutations Egzoset!

I'm beginning to like the Happy Corner. Especially that it's so casually going about its business in Support, completely unnoticed.

I see what you did there ;)

Salutations everyone,

Each time i revisit BlueLight there's always some smashing title about how miserable people have become after an encounter with dame Cannabis. That's something which eludes my comprehension for the most part, simply because the "artificial" eden i was warned about (while in college, 30+ some years ago) only materialized as an artificial hell, if you will...

106.gif

In my opinion a large component of this misery being pictured on a daily basis actually happens to be generated & maintained by others. Perhaps it's a result of making no public trouble about it, etc. In any case the suffering i experienced while younger mostly came from my parents, etc., as they only got biased information on the subject, to say the least.

:|

As a former hashish smoker i can see and recognize some of the harm done but certainly not as a vaporist today and not at my age! It doesn't mean others don't live through real pain, it's just i'd be curious to know what's their perspective sometimes... Cannabic vapour enhances my life, i do not fear dame Cannabis anymore - on the contrary (!!) - but lets be fair and mention consumption isn't a focus point.

If/when moral is down it's time to have a change of mind but getting intoxicated hardly solves that issue at all, no matter how bening it can be. Each day a person needs to succeed in a few little ways, not necessarily spectacular as it may come from simple moments like contemplative gardening, etc., a dimension i feel strongly about every time i get a chance to enjoy the presence of a healthy cannabis plant - something i miss a lot at times. Yet, i'm sure you get the idea: it's important to be able to evolve through a nice hobby, to grow with other people around, etc., etc. Call it tiny-bit accomplishments, it doesn't take much but those do help when made possible once in a while.

So, in short what i'm saying is that if one's life seems miserable then i'm afraid dame Cannabis can't do much to assist; personally i've been gifted with some special way to appreciate music, its beauty and similar aesthetical sources of amazement so it turns out a toke will enhance that. Flush negative emotions through creative means, or at least involving ones that can tame down some urge(s) of the moment i would say! Call it artificial, i'll just be laughing...

;)

Here's how i view it. People like smiling people, generally speaking. Even if the day isn't particularily motivating i've found that adopting a grumpy attitude does me no good, sometimes being nice may work on another hand. At least it's worth a try. But if the pain is too big to handle then either lets have a couch lock, watch TV and then have a couch lock, or both... No big deal, humans aren't built to be miserable constantly. At worst cry a couple days and then most problems will appear to shrink in size, that's part of life.

Maybe the misery comes when insisting on seeking a perfect moment in a broken world, it's not always what it seems IMO. Sometimes one has to let pass and recognize there ain't gona be relief when attempting to choke negative emotions repetitively, using cannabic intoxication as the means. Maybe i'm just and old fool talking shit but yet i still don't know for sure why in our times of instant access to global knowledge there has to be so much frustrations related to my friend dame Cannabis!

If today is dark then simply wait for tomorrow as it's garanteed to arrive, or at least try to seek beauty to amend the day!! Personally i've found creativity works for me, even just "creative" listening at times, etc. Now imagine if you're got a nice voice, a talented brush, whatever. Once it's been set in motion the mood will change and then a good toke will put icing on the cake - which often fails eventually, when attempted the other way around (e.g. inhale and then wait for a miracle to occur)...

So, i guess i'm saying never loose sight on hope!

=D

Last edited:
Euh...

M'well, lets refresh the furniture of my happy corner while there's something worth a share:

Genuine but consistently ignored, essentially.

Maybe that's too happy even in a happy corner, we'll see i guess!...

=D