Happy corner

Egzoset

Bluelighter
Salutations everyone,

Since the web site is about Harm Reduction i suppose the members coming to BlueLight are always supposed to be hurt and hence broken, in search for solutions to lessen their daily suffering... My question is simple: what happens to those who find relief and become satisfied with their fate in life again, etc?

:?

Salutations Debaser,

They don't post on Bluelight anymore.

It seems i may be starting to gather the picture finally...
NSFW:

102oz.jpg

62lw.jpg

Ever seen Constantine?...

Salutations everyone,

Since the web site is about Harm Reduction i suppose the members coming to BlueLight are always supposed to be hurt and hence broken, in search for solutions to lessen their daily suffering... My question is simple: what happens to those who find relief and become satisfied with their fate in life again, etc?

:?

This is quite a generalization. Not all the users on this site are addicts, struggling with life, or anything else like that.

I think you're misunderstanding the meaning of harm reduction. Harm reduction is mostly talking about coaching harm reduction practices of drug use.

There are also sections of the site which help you deal with yourself when you're 'broken', and also what ensues after that, be it good or bad. There are also other sections of the site which cater to different things, things which cover all aspects of life, whether you're psychologically suffering or not. Sections such as Second Opinion and Healthy Living.

Besides, no ones life is fixed all the time or broken all the time.

Salutations Chromophobia,

Harm reduction is mostly talking about coaching harm reduction practices of drug use.

Sorry again, i thought constant exposure to a negative environment could cause some harm of its own on the long run, hence my wandering question.

:|

It's becoming evident to me that i'm having a hard time understanding what BL actually is indeed. Thanks for showing me how mistaken i can be anyway.

77.gif

i would suggest lurking around some of the more social forums. there are plenty of people here who are successful and leading sober lives. there are also successful people who use drugs without an issue. the diversity here is part of what i think makes it a really awesome place :)

Salutations Animal Cookie,

...diversity...

OKay, i'll take it. =D

Thank you for the advice, it certainly does appear like sampling around would be in order indeed.

77.gif

...i value my serenity.
rocking-chair1-smiley.gif

Any suggestions how to avoid "Dark-Side" stories (since those seem to pop up practically everywhere!)???

...or maybe there's some sanctuary where i can be genuinely confident no harm will come to me?...

17.gif

Last edited:
The Dark Side is quite an amazing community of folks who are more similar than different. We care about each other and offer support during times of weakness and of strength. I wouldn't be the person I am today if it weren't for TDS and ALL of its members and I'm extremely grateful. Do some of the stories and issues cause some sort of twinge of the heart? Absolutely. That's a blessing in itself because it allows us to see our own compassion when we aren't feeling our greatest (or maybe we are and we are provided another opportunity to feel).

Check out The Dark Side. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the humanity you'll find there.

Welcome to Bluelight. Its quite an amazing place as a whole and in its separate parts.

Salutations Z3R0S,

Welcome to my thread since it's not very likely you'd see me post in the "MD" thread (or anything else along those lines anyway). I've always been stimulated by curious minds so please come on in!

How joyful are you today?? Any tricks you might be willing to share which will enhance my serenity?...

...and potentially that of others as well?

=D

A lot of us come here, bruised, busted up and bleeding, and simply fall in love with HR and helping others. Over time, some of us shed all our habits, or at least find that "happy place" where we use responsibly, and stick around to make sure as many people as possible do the same.

Salutations VenRak,
Salutations AlasDAirM,

A lot of us come here, bruised, busted up and bleeding, and simply fall in love with HR and helping others. Over time, some of us shed all our habits, or at least find that "happy place" where we use responsibly, and stick around to make sure as many people as possible do the same.

Well, as formulated it certainly sounds like some decent challenge.

...nicely put (and so true).

I'll second what the guy said above...

=D

^^

Am I the only one who thinks this "salutations xxx" crap, every time, is supremely annoying? :\

I mean no offense.. but.. come on...

Salutations Mr.Scagnattie,

Am I the only one...

Who's worth a polite salutation and who's not, that's hard to tell so i've just made this my personal habit.

No offense taken, unless you're asking me to adopt the style of someone else...

=D