Happy 35th birthday Kendrick Lamar!!!

SoCalShordie

Moderator: TL
Staff member
Idk if y’all know this but Kendrick Lamar is my favorite living rapper & today is his birthday! I wanted to share wit y’all the M.a.a.d. City shortfilm. It’s so innovative & moving. Especially if u were born in the late 80’s to early 90’s & grew up in the hood in LA you’ll especially appreciate this. I hope y’all will watch it & pls let me know what u think! Let’s have a discussion. It’s only like 15 mins long & I promise it’ll be worth it!!

Idk if y’all know this but Kendrick Lamar is my favorite living rapper & today is his birthday! I wanted to share wit y’all the M.a.a.d. City shortfilm. It’s so innovative & moving. Especially if u were born in the late 80’s to early 90’s & grew up in the hood in LA you’ll especially appreciate this. I hope y’all will watch it & pls let me know what u think! Let’s have a discussion. It’s only like 15 mins long & I promise it’ll be worth it!!

I don't even know who he is!! 🤭

I was born in the 70s and grew up south of Melbourne. It wasn't very hood like haha. I'll google him though and have a look 😎 Oh and Happy Birthday Kendrick Lamar!! That makes him a Gemini.

That was quite interesting. I've heard of Compton at least and Dr Dre.. Tupac.. Niggas With Attitude.. Eminem LOL. When I was a teenager the rappers were like RunDMC, Beastie Boys, Public Enemy. I can't think of others atm. In the 90s there was Cypress Hill and House of Pain (I like them cos I'm Irish).

I'm glad the horse didn't get shot!! 😊

That was quite interesting. I've heard of Compton at least and Dr Dre.. Tupac.. Niggas With Attitude.. Eminem LOL. When I was a teenager the rappers were like RunDMC, Beastie Boys, Public Enemy. I can't think of others atm. In the 90s there was Cypress Hill and House of Pain (I like them cos I'm Irish).

I'm glad the horse didn't get shot!! 😊
Im so glad you liked it!! I was born in ‘92 in LA, just north of Compton in the San Fernando valley. I’ve actually always really wanted to visit Australia tho lol
Are u still
I’m Melbourne?

Im so glad you liked it!! I was born in ‘92 in LA, just north of Compton in the San Fernando valley. I’ve actually always really wanted to visit Australia tho lol
Are u still
I’m Melbourne?

Yeah. I've been to LA for a week in the 80s when I was 10, on the way back from the UK. We did the Disneyland, Universal Studios thing and I thought it was heaven. That doesn't really count as experiencing LA I don't think lol (especially now).

I've heard from Aussies that have moved to the US or vice-versa that Southern California is the most similar to Australia (cities anyway). I'd like to see the US more than any other country.. I wouldn't want to live there though unless I had a good amount of money.

Yeah. I've been to LA for a week in the 80s when I was 10, on the way back from the UK. We did the Disneyland, Universal Studios thing and I thought it was heaven. That doesn't really count as experiencing LA I don't think lol (especially now).

I've heard from Aussies that have moved to the US or vice-versa that Southern California is the most similar to Australia (cities anyway). I'd like to see the US more than any other country.. I wouldn't want to live there though unless I had a good amount of money.
Awh thats so cool! And as a person under age I’d say that’s a major experience oF LA. I have some of my fondest memories ever at Disneyland & Universal lol. You’re definitely right about not wanting to live here without a ton of money lol it’s insanely expensive here. I’ve lived here since birth so it’s normal to me but friends in other parts of the US or even different parts of Cali are blown away by how expensive it is. A one bedroom apartment in a higher end neighborhood here is about 2,000 USD a month! I’ve always wanted to visit Sydney of course. I’ve also seen a lot of movies that made Melbourne seem really cool to me. How’s the average monthly rent where u live? Just curious. I’d say to live comfortably in LA one definitely should make like 100,000 USD annually. Luckily I’ve been an exotic dancer my whole adult life & can afford it bc of that lol