View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Handling somewhat potent material

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
I'm recieving some 2C-P from an online vendor pretty soon, and I really don't know how I should be handling something this delicate. How should I make ~2mg doses out of only 25mg of powder?

Last edited:
Assuming we're talking very many doses and not like 100mgs worth, windows and doors closed, use scales to weigh total mass. Dissolve this total mass into a certain volume of liquid that would be ideal for dosing, 1mg/drop or ml is dilute enough to allow some discretion between a drop and not and allows distinction between mg separated doses (isn't 10mg a pretty strong trip?).
The phenethylamines are very stable, dissolving would decrease their stability but really won't much of a difference if kept out of direct sunlight, and at a steady cool temperature.

The other option would be to get gel caps and weigh the individual doses out separately. This is a lot of effort but go ahead.

If you're dealing with a shit ton of the stuff, might be good to be careful and use facemask as well just so you're not breathing in any

First off, twenty five mgs is way to huge a dose. Your going to want to start anywhere from two to maybe six mgs. You'd want a sub mg scale IMO but cheaper mg scales will work but have added danger. Be careful
With the bag as well, open it gently, don't shove your face in it, and your good. Personally though I reccommend latex gloves and a respirator. For weighing you may also want to build a glove box. You could also liquid measure but with 2c- P if they give you twenty five extra mgs.....well you'll probably be out there a while !

Sorry for the lack of a real warning, damn I shits! Probably edit when a comp is available.

Guys Cyberius doesn't want to make 25mg doses, but is trying to make 2mg doses out of 25mg worth.

The liquid measurement method is a good way to do it. I would dilute it to 1mg/mL, so that its very intuitive to measure out the correct amount. Label the container well, with the name of the drug, and the concentration, so there's never any confusion when you forget down the road. A small syringe with mL markings on it can be a very good way to measure out an accurate dose. Squirt it into a drink and down it.

If you need to gel cap it, you will need a very accurate scale. My scale is accurate to +/-3mg, so what I would do is measure out say 10mg, then chop the powder up really really well to make sure there are no tiny clumps, and the powder is nice and even. I'd then make a long and very even rail out of it, measure the length of that rail, then divide it into 5 perfectly even segments. Each one of those will be close to 2mg, but it won't be a perfectly accurate measure. The liquid method is much much more accurate and recommended.

One question: do you need to worry about using distilled, or non-chlorinated water with the 2c-x? I know LSD will break down from the chlorine in the water, but wondering about 2c-x. I know it's much more stable, but is there anything to worry about there?

edit: PS as has been mentioned, use a mask, and make sure there are no drafts in the room.

First off, twenty five mgs is way to huge a dose. Your going to want to start anywhere from two to maybe six mgs. You'd want a sub mg scale IMO but cheaper mg scales will work but have added danger. Be careful
With the bag as well, open it gently, don't shove your face in it, and your good. Personally though I reccommend latex gloves and a respirator. For weighing you may also want to build a glove box. You could also liquid measure but with 2c- P if they give you twenty five extra mgs.....well you'll probably be out there a while !

Sorry for the lack of a real warning, damn I shits! Probably edit when a comp is available.

It's lab scaled and the vendor advertised 25mg +/- 1mg. I got it from a very reliable vendor on a marketplace...

One question: do you need to worry about using distilled, or non-chlorinated water with the 2c-x? I know LSD will break down from the chlorine in the water, but wondering about 2c-x. I know it's much more stable, but is there anything to worry about there?

No, phenethylamines in general shouldn't be affected by the chlorine in tap water, they're very stable. But if you're making a solution that will be kept for more than a few days then you should add some alcohol to inhibit bacterial growth.

It's lab scaled and the vendor advertised 25mg +/- 1mg. I got it from a very reliable vendor on a marketplace...

You should still weigh it when you receive it, because vendors often overweight what they send out, make mistakes, etc.

No, phenethylamines in general shouldn't be affected by the chlorine in tap water, they're very stable. But if you're making a solution that will be kept for more than a few days then you should add some alcohol to inhibit bacterial growth.

Is there an ideal % of alcohol to use? Just wondering if too much etoh could start reacting with the 2C-x or something. Would hard liquor (40% abv) be a good choice as a solvent for the 2C-x?

I just recieved several grams of 2C-P and I'm thinking the best way to deal with this one is to make 4mg blotters that are double or triple the size of a standard blotter (which I think is 1mmx1mm???) this way, as long as the blotters are evenly laid (which I would do with a freshly calibrated micropipette. And I would lay each blotter 1 at a time paying close and careful attention that it's laid evenly) you could cut the doses in half if 4 mg is too much or take the whole tab (or even 2)

Is there an ideal % of alcohol to use? Just wondering if too much etoh could start reacting with the 2C-x or something. Would hard liquor (40% abv) be a good choice as a solvent for the 2C-x?

I don't know the best %, but something like vodka or rum should be fine to use. The alcohol won't react with the 2C-X.

As others have mentioned, alcohol will not react with the 2C-Xs (nor any phenethylamines or tryptamines or ergoloids as far as I am aware). I usually use a 20% solution, roughly, but that's mainly because I feel even tiny amounts of alcohol as a weird, slightly nasty feeling, and I try to consume as little as possible usually. Hard liquor should be fine, or dilute it by half and use that, that would be fine too.

I just recieved several grams of 2C-P and I'm thinking the best way to deal with this one is to make 4mg blotters that are double or triple the size of a standard blotter (which I think is 1mmx1mm???) this way, as long as the blotters are evenly laid (which I would do with a freshly calibrated micropipette. And I would lay each blotter 1 at a time paying close and careful attention that it's laid evenly) you could cut the doses in half if 4 mg is too much or take the whole tab (or even 2)

I wouldn't personally go to the trouble of laying it on blotter, but to each his own. But, will 4mg even fit on a blotter? I thought they couldn't fit that much, but I could be wrong.

It really depends on how thick the blotter is and how desperate you are to concentrate drugs onto it.

Alcohol solutions of ~10% or more, or even bacteriostatic saline are good storage methods. Like others have said, be careful while weighing, and avoid drafts and air currents.

Buy a scale, continue with volumetric measurement and go for 15-20% alc. vol just to be sure IMO - 50% vodka 50% distilled water is my recipe.

Don't make blotters unless the drugs are micropotent.

Pre printed, perforated blotter are usually around 5mmx5mm to 7mmx7mm.
I've seen a fair amount of blotters, of LSD and other chems, and have never seen a 1mmx1mm one.
Not being a dick, just clearing things up a bit.

Liquid measurement is an extremely efficient way of dosing. Only problem is, the solution is very prone to degradation... if you plan to use it all within half a year to a year however, it's probably the best way of dosing.

Liquid measurement is an extremely efficient way of dosing. Only problem is, the solution is very prone to degradation... if you plan to use it all within half a year to a year however, it's probably the best way of dosing.

That's the beauty of laying it into blotters... You get the accuracy of liquid measurement without the worry of degradation. I strongly feel that laying blotters for a chemical with a dosage range if 2-15mg is absolute harm reduction (as long as you are careful and knowledgable about laying it. ) This method even leaves you the option of putting the blotter into a gel cap for oral dosing if the blotters end up tasting really bad ( I have no idea as I have not tried 2C-P sublingually or buccally yet). I understand the aversion to laying blotter unless you really need to but this seems like the best method to me for chemicals with a pretty low dosage (2C-P, Moxie) especially since I only plan on exploring those a couple of times a year. I'd hate to have a bunch of material in solution for that long when I go to take next dose 8 months later. It seems much more logical to just grab a clearly labeled blotter.
Also, if you buy blotter in plain sheets you can cut them to any size you need so you could hypothetically put more than 4mg for sure.

Definitely, DEFINITELY apply liquid dosing to 2C-P and stronger psychedelics.

I have a GemPro 250 milligram scale which I entrust my sanity to but 2C-P, hell no,k definitely liquid dose that, way too many reports around of people taking like 16mg and getting chestpains that feel like a medical emergency for hours on end. 2C-P is one where you need to get the dose just right, so liquid dose that.

I use my Gempro 250 for 2C-E because its fairly safe in light overdose but 2C-P, too littlke margin for error. 2mg too much can make it feel twice as intense as you planned.

Weigh the 25mg to see if its in the ballpark of 25mg, then dissolve in 25ml vodka or rum, then dose your 3-10ml with an oral syringe like a pro.

Never had any 2c-p. I do use powerful, utra-strong Rum to dilute other stuff, like DOC, but I've got to start wondering about evaporation, after attempting to purchase one of my bottles recently & finding that it was only 3/4 full. The rest had evaporated, from within a sealed bottle on the shop shelf! What chance is there that my dilute might also evaporate, leaving less alcohol & more material?

With DOC I would now be inclined to lay blotter from my solution immediately, deliberately evaporating the alcohol, but this would simply ease dosing & storage, I would never vend DOC or flog blotters off as LSD or anything stupid...

What drug are you talking about? 2C-P?

Phenethylamines like 2C-P are generally considered to be very stable, even in solution. You should be able to store it for that period and much longer, easily.
Apart from degradation (which like I said should not occur with this sort of substance), watery solutions can spoil if no preservative is used. Distilled water generally does not contain enough nutrients or impurities to sustain any sort of growth but still it is absolutely best to use something like a 15-20% ethanol solution to keep it clean for a long time. For injectables typically benzyl alcohol is used, but that is another matter I guess.

By the way, you don't have to dissolve your entire stash right away... you can make a solution of just the amount under which you cannot weigh accurately enough.

That's what I have done with my DOC... I have a little bottle that holds 30mL so I made a solution with 30mg of DOC and left the rest in cold storage, dry.