• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Hamilton’s Pharmacopeia got canceled

Reena

Greenlighter
I just finished watching episode 6: Ultra LSD which is this season’s last episode of Hamilton’s Pharmacopeia. I looked online to see what the timeline was for the next season only to find out that VICE is canceling the show. I’m really disappointed since it’s my favorite tv show, and also I just don’t get why they’re ending it, it’s literally their most popular show.

Maybe there is some truth to this Karma some believe in around these parts.

That's what you get for not having the courtesy to respond to peoples messages! 😬

👀👀 spill the tea
I'm not 100% sure what you're saying but I'm taking a guess you want to know what I'm on about? 🤣

I sent him a message two days ago via his website asking if he'd be willing to help our fellow forums members out here (with an opinion or a contribution toward their investigations) in their quest to find out what's wrong with today's MDMA. And he's not responded. So. Karma! 🤣

there is nothing about it been cancelled. no decisions have been made
Well then he'd better respond to my message! 🤣

Yeah I know I'm full of it. But seriously: a "fuck you" will do if you're not interested in helping and no harm done! Call me old fashioned if you like.

Maybe he thinks I'm taking the piss (the email was sent by "Tony Montana" after all)! 🤣

I'm not 100% sure what you're saying but I'm taking a guess you want to know what I'm on about? 🤣

I sent him a message two days ago via his website asking if he'd be willing to help our fellow forums members out here (with an opinion or a contribution toward their investigations) in their quest to find out what's wrong with today's MDMA. And he's not responded. So. Karma! 🤣
That’s a bummer, did you know him before this? If so that’s unfortunate, I guess people change when they get famous.

I’m just disappointed because there’s really no other show like it. The pickings are pretty slim for psychedelic tv shows. Although I admit I was pretty pissed off by his last episode. I’ve been eagerly anticipating his LSD episode for months only to find out that it was his worst episode.😔

I felt kind of pissed off honestly, in literally every other episode of this season he clearly synthesizers the drug at one point in the episode. Which makes sense since it’s a Chemistry show. But with LSD he didn’t do it. I just don’t get why VICE is okay with letting him show people how to synthesize everything else under the sun from vulture brains to ibogaine but suddenly decides that LSD must remain a secret 🙄

Well then he'd better respond to my message! 🤣

Yeah I know I'm full of it. But seriously: a "fuck you" will do if you're not interested in helping and no harm done! Call me old fashioned if you like.

Maybe he thinks I'm taking the piss (the email was sent by "Tony Montana" after all)! 🤣
you're old fashioned.

there is nothing about it been cancelled. no decisions have been made
Unfortunately it just got canceled, I found out the information directly from him in the good chemistry podcast interview he did. He said VICE wasn’t renewing the season and didn’t seem too happy with them.

That’s a bummer, did you know him before this? If so that’s unfortunate, I guess people change when they get famous.
Nope. Don't know him at all. Matter of fact: didn't even know he existed until I started posting here and somebody posted a link to an old episode of his on the topic of Mandrax manufacture in South Africa. Spent a little bit of time then watching some of his other stuff. But that's about it. Seems like a fairly decent chap (watched a bit of him on Joe Rogan).

Oh well. I'm sure we'll find something for him to do. If nothing else: he obviously has contacts and access to expertise that most here don't (or so I would imagine anyway).

I’m just disappointed because there’s really no other show like it. The pickings are pretty slim for psychedelic tv shows. Although I admit I was pretty pissed off by his last episode. I’ve been eagerly anticipating his LSD episode for months only to find out that it was his worst episode.😔

I felt kind of pissed off honestly, in literally every other episode of this season he clearly synthesizers the drug at one point in the episode. Which makes sense since it’s a Chemistry show. But with LSD he didn’t do it. I just don’t get why VICE is okay with letting him show people how to synthesize everything else under the sun from vulture brains to ibogaine but suddenly decides that LSD must remain a secret 🙄
Well. It's been noted on the MDMA threads that he reads stuff here. Maybe you get lucky i.e. your disappointment will be noted and you'll receive a PM with detailed instructions! 🤣

" Hamilton Morris was a Bluelighter many years ago, "

He probably got so busy, that he could only say so much. o_O

Hamilton Morris was a Bluelighter many years ago, his name was hamhurricane.
Hands up who looked up that username and read through their posts! Be honest now! 🤓

Can you check to see if he has email notifications active or not? 🤣

He was active when I first joined for a couple of years and hasn't been for a long time (as far as I know). It was quite a surprise to all of us when he got the Vice show. A lot of BLers threw tons of shade at him as if he sold out, which I think is dumb as fuck, I'm happy for him. Sucks Vice canceled his show, seems like a bad move on their part.

Drugs Inc. was pretty good too. Nat Geo keeps remixing old episodes which are worthless. Maybe another network or streaming service will sign Hamilton for more episodes.

Hands up who looked up that username and read through their posts! Be honest now! 🤓
rvvFRpV.jpg

I love Hamilton and have been following him since the start and watched his web videos before his Vice show and read his articles. I'd also read his posts when he was a Bluelighter and was very fond of his outlook on things. It would not surprise me if he posts here still under a different pseudonym. You really have no idea who is behind the keyboard of some of the accounts here, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he and other prominent people in the psychedelic community post in our PD forum. Not everyone can let it be known publicly that they come here for obvious reasons...

This is truly disappointing and I can’t see them doing this for any reason other than to cut off a very informative show to the public that was likely viewed in a similar manner to the Pihkal/Tihkal books.

I’ve never been the biggest fan of Hamilton but can’t see why they drop one of their most popular shows. Just doesn’t make sense from a financial perspective.

Also in regards to them not showing an LSD synth, it appears they don’t personally synth any illegal drugs and only show others labs in those cases. With LSD labs being the most coveted secret chemists there is, this would be dangerous to our current supply if he even attempted to. So for that I thank him.

Very upsetting news though, makes me wonder more on the why.

-GC