View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Hallucinations on X

M

Majordomo

So a friend of mine and I decided to have a fun night on x this friday. We had 4 pills. 2 orange, 1 white, one green. I had recently been trying x and he had as well, so we both decided to sniff the x instead of popping. Everything is fine at first, but our roll doesnt stop at 4 or 6 hours. As time goes by we both starting hallucinating so bad we cant drive. We saw people who werent there, bodies hanging from trees, the treeline became giants and we they were moving closer to grab us, hell we even saw a kkk meeting. We didnt do anything besides toke that night. Any idea what happened?

Dead bodies and even a KKK meeting hallucinations? WTF? Did you test the pills or powder you snorted? Can you test them? It could be anything but MDMA/MDA.

MDMA gets metabolized into MDA, which is psychedelic. Seeing as how today's MDMA presses often contain extremely high doses ( >200 mg per pill), it wouldn't be surprising if you produced enough MDA to actually start tripping, which was further potentiated by the weed.

P.S: Don't drive when you're high off your tits. Heck, don't drive when you're high period.

sounds like you got some pills with methamphetamine. Also you guys most likely did not eat enough food.

sounds like you got some pills with methamphetamine. Also you guys most likely did not eat enough food.

I'm not sure the op post indicates anything about methamphetamine being present or having not eaten food. Whilst it's impossible to know if methamphetamine was in the pills, there is certainly no indication.

MDMA gets metabolized into MDA, which is psychedelic. Seeing as how today's MDMA presses often contain extremely high doses ( >200 mg per pill), it wouldn't be surprising if you produced enough MDA to actually start tripping, which was further potentiated by the weed.

P.S: Don't drive when you're high off your tits. Heck, don't drive when you're high period.

This is a likely explanation/possibility. MDMA/MDA can be incredibly hallucinogenic, and some people appear to metabolise into MDA more rapidly than others. Snorting MDMA also makes it hit faster and harder IME, and weed adds to the hallucinatory effects. Of course it could be some other hallucinogenic empathogen, but regardless, this would add up for MDxx as well and is a normal part of the experience.

Whilst seeing a KKK meeting might sound (or even seem) alarming, I can see why somebody might see something like that and it probably wouldn't be as sketchy as it sounds. MDxx really seems to throw up some random concepts as hallucinations, and its very much a blink and its gone kind of thing. It seems to be a drug experience that's more concerned with throwing out random silly ideas rather than trying to throw uber sketchy hallucinations at you. I always find it really fun. Some things I've seen:

- a new york style taxi in a club
- a lorry driving down a bicycle track
- monks hiking down the side of the motorway at 4am
- a bustling metropolosis above a bar in a club, with people going about their lives/walking to work, then a train shooting off into the distance amidst the city lights. Blinked and it was gone. Realised it was the lights above the bar
- a one foot~ tall person cycle past on a bike
- a cruise liner in a city centre
- conversations with people who dissapear
- etc

So yeah, it's pretty normal, especially for some, and especially if you take straight up MDA. It seems that from what I read on here, most people get freaked out because they don't know it can happen.

Last edited:
My friend accidentally overdosed on MDMA once and described insane hallucinations. Another friend had some incredible stories about hallucinations due to staying up for multiple days on cocaine benders. Stimulants can definitely cause psychotic/hallucinogenic effects in the right conditions.

Mda is indeed very hallucinogenic. However, it is starkly different to hallucingens by one factor. You may see distorted reality (like on ket etc) but it isnt going to be as creative as other psychedelics, such as lsd, 2cb and especially dmt etc.

My point is, the experiences described above sound beyond the realm of mda induced visions.
Im happy for others to offer counter evidence, however, i was able to source crystal mda, mdea and mdma all at the same time from same source for number of years. I can confirm most basic pihkal reported differences definitely aligned.

Did you test these pills?

I have had very weird hallucinations on MDMA when trying to pass out after the night is done, not psychedelic ones, but just really weird, realistic deliriant sort of things. My friends have said they had this same experience.

some people are suggesting meth, but I don't believe meth produces hallucinations unless you've been up for days/weeks.

Mda is indeed very hallucinogenic. However, it is starkly different to hallucingens by one factor. You may see distorted reality (like on ket etc) but it isnt going to be as creative as other psychedelics, such as lsd, 2cb and especially dmt etc.

My point is, the experiences described above sound beyond the realm of mda induced visions.
Im happy for others to offer counter evidence, however, i was able to source crystal mda, mdea and mdma all at the same time from same source for number of years. I can confirm most basic pihkal reported differences definitely aligned.

Did you test these pills?

You're right, MDA/ other empathogen hallucinations are quite different from psychedelic visuals; which is why I specifically used the term hallucination when describing them. If the OP had been describing experiencing fractals/etc then it would give support to your argument. Otherwise it seems to counter it, unless I'm missing something.

Sounds like untested pills to me. Probably some meth.

some people are suggesting meth, but I don't believe meth produces hallucinations unless you've been up for days/weeks.

^Exactly. There is no reason to believe they had meth, and to do so is pure conjecture, and quite unfounded conjecture at that, based on what we know.

To answer the OPs question: yes, hallucinations such as this are certainly possible on MDxx, although it would be somewhat unusual for them to have such a dark vibe. Maybe mind set/setting & hallucinations getting progressively more dark the more you freaked out thinking something was wrong with the experience. That seems like a reasonable explanation to me.

Could be anything really though, and nobody can do much more than pointlessly speculate. Get a sample lab tested, or buy a test kit.

MDMA can be very psychedelic and in huge doses can act like a delirant. I remember una night I had some cristal and I was smoking unlit cigarretes and smoke was coming of my mouth, I was trying to make music, but I was at a party searching for knobs that were on my pc, I thought for a minute that a friend of mine was my father, weird datura shit. And when we were coming down we took some gbl and then I started seeing tattoos on my friends skins, rainbows in the air. And it was pure MDMA.

Last edited:
MDMA can be very psychedelic and in huge doses can act like a delirant. I remember una night I had some cristal and I was smoking unlit cigarretes and smoke was coming of my mouth, I was trying to make music, but I was at a party searching for knobs that were on my pc, I thought for a minute that a friend of mine was my father, weird datura shit. And when we were coming down we took some gbl and then I started seeing tattoos on my friends skins, rainbows in the air. And it was pure MDMA.

I suppose a plausible explanation would be that ultra-high-dose MDMA releases so much serotonin that you're essentially experiencing a sort of "almost-serotonin-syndrome" that, in conjunction with the 5HT2A-mediated hallucinogenic action of the MDA metabolite, elicits a unique kind of "psychedelic delirium".