• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Hallucinations From Non-Hallucinogenic Drugs; Non Visual Ones In The Other Four Senses

Nicomorphinist

Bluelighter
I long have wondered about the degree to which people experience olfactory hallucinations from exogenous chemicals, drugs in particular,, and to what extent people have come across other drugs which produce hallucinations of any of the five basic senses, derivative and composite senses like proprioception, ones in which more than one sense is experiencing the anomalous data-handling, like both seeing someone who is not there and perfume can be smelt and heard at the same time . . .

I will start: Fentanyl in any form will give me a pixelated view of what I can see for up to 10 seconds after waking up especially in a dimly lit room. Then depending on what other drugs and food and other things and their effect on the Liberation, Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism & Elimination profile of the fentanyl, there is a sound track, usually starting as an increase in the degree to which sound is processed into coherent, meaningful sound by the human CNS (pareidolia), with white noise eventually turning in to cats meowing, dogs barking, raccoons tittering, birds singing, and it progresses to what Is basically the audio form of an Open Eye Visual hallucination. People mumbling then in the next step gives way to music, sounding far off and the singers are intelligible but faintly , in the case of fentanyl in is often Mahler and Schubert, dihydrocodeine and codeine often give rise to Bon Jovi, and morphine, nicomorphine, opium and diacetyldihydromorphine will bring about an ethereal Devo set. There is surprising little with hydromorphone, acetylmorphone, oxymorphone. When it is from anticholinergics, it is unidentified piano music. Ketamine brings out a unknown music which I wish very much that I could figure it all out because it tends to be 135 BPM progressive trance and similar genres and things of the same sort

My rough, preliminary hypothesis is that agonism and antagonism, and the relative extent of it, of opioid, muscarinic, nicotinic, and other receptors, as well as absolute activity of norepinephrine, serotonin, adrenaline, noradrenaline, cortisol, nociceptive and so forth are the source of some percentage of the different qualities and some quantitative things like the apparent loudness in dBA may have something to do with it. Also, is it also keyed to the absolute degree of agonism or antagonism of receptors? Is it SOP for the κ opioid, NMDA, muscarinic, and perhaps the other opioids to have these effects?

I've never personally had it but DiPT is supposed to give auditory hallucinations
edit: i read your post wrong, i'm still gonna keep my comment to give you a bump

I’ve never tried it but I’m told from very close sources that it’s a good one if you hear a train.

I used to get quite pronounced visual effects from 3-fpm after a few hours into a vaping session. Any surface that had the slightest hint of a pattern would morph into a tapestry of erotica. Me and the wife used to lie in bed smoking 3-fpm and pointing out the orgiastic imagery in the wallpaper to each other - and being in such a highly suggestible state of mind, we would see exactly the same thing!

Edit: Oops, just realised you meant non visual effects. But 3-fpm also caused pronounced aural illusions. I remember one session where we had Planet Rock radio playing and I was convinced that every track played was by Hawkwind. I was basically hearing what I wanted to hear...

Last edited:
Acetylfentanyl used to cause me Auditory Hallucinations in higher doses. Like it would be a mixture of music and blips and bleeps. It would happen frequently and started to make me feel like I was losing my mind. Actually turned me off the stuff tho the high was wonderful aside from that. Moved onto Butyrfentanyl and I never had an issue with it again, which put my mind at ease. Was really bizarre phenomenon to say the least.

Well about cocaine, one night I got a nasty batch that literally had me so paranoid I eventually lost it and ran off into the woods from a party where I could see “police” with flashlights and dogs chasing me.

I ran til I finally found my way through the woods to my house. Upon getting to the road every car looked like a cop with a spotlight trying to find me.

Eventually got home and hid in the bushes outside my house til the sun rose. Lol fuck.. The paranoia that night was like nothing I’d ever felt before or since.

Even good cocaine can have me trippy pretty quick if I’m tired, not bad shit but like seeing animals run across the road or other random stuff.

MDMA can get pretty trippy once in awhile but I think that has to do with MDA metabolite.

-GC