European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Hallucinating on speed and MDMA

Treacle

Bluelighter
I'm starting this thread on behalf of my mate, as he's not a member. Whenever he takes clean MDMA pills (his last were Turtles), even just one or two, he hallucinates profusely. He's seen my skull open and insects pour out of it, as well as other crazy shit, but still enjoys the experience and gets the usual feelings of happiness. I assumed he was just sensitive to the more psychedelic aspects of MDMA, as I know others who trip out from pills. However, we had a night on speed, the other night, and he was seeing things move and getting other visual distortions. He'd slept the night before, and wasn't acting strangely, so it wasn't psychosis of any sort. He did develop psychosis from speed, when he was younger, after panicking in the queue of a club and eating several grammes, consequently not sleeping for 3/4 days, and ending up going to hospital. I had a theory that stimulants may possibly return him to a mild state of that experience, but I don't know. As I said, he enjoys the experience thoroughly when he does drugs, so it's a bit of an odd one.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Once you have had a psychotic episode you are more predisposed to have them in the future. Thats what they taught us at uni and my experience in nursing seems to bear that out though i am not a mental health nurse but its not unusual to have patients with psychosis who have come in because of other issues ie broken their arm etc. Stee would have a better idea than me. I have never heard of anyone hallucinating like that off mdma. Some visual disturbances yes but not stuff like insects pouring out of your skull. If the pills were mdma then i have no answer apart from your mate my be predisposed to drug induced psychotic episodes. Not all psychotic episodes are over the top either. Some are relatively mild so someone may appear to be ok but actually be in psychosis. Its not blaqck and white by any means.

That's what I was thinking. He does get very wide eyes, and hyperventilates quite a lot, during his experiences, so it sounds plausible. Either way, I said I'd ask on here, as he enjoys himself, but we're just a bit confused about the visuals.

Yeah i have no real answer to that. They sound like high dose mushie or dmt visuals to me. Not mdma. The mind is a weird beast though. Maybe mdma taps into those things for him and its not a psychotic episode precipitated by drugs. I have no answer just theories.

I know of one person, possibly two ( not really asked them ) who tends to get mild psychosis at much lower doses than they used to take. I've heard to having been an issue before but I've only personally known 1 ( or 2) that have experienced it. TBH I've forgotten more than I read about that. It was 6 years ago and I was on PV at the time. Great for concentration but if I don't make use of it I forget it.

Another mate gets less frightening visuals from a couple of decent pills. Seeing algebra written all over the walls and my face, in neon colours was one that I remember. I ended up feeling jealous, more than anything. I don't tend to get visuals from pills unless I've had a large amount, or they contain MDA. I miss those days!

Another mate gets less frightening visuals from a couple of decent pills. Seeing algebra written all over the walls and my face, in neon colours was one that I remember. I ended up feeling jealous, more than anything. I don't tend to get visuals from pills unless I've had a large amount, or they contain MDA. I miss those days!

Even MDA visuals were never extreme like skulls opening with insects pouring out. Thats another realm. I have seen similar on DMT open eyed, all my skin removed and the insides of my body exposed and pumping with electric colours. But thats dmt

everyone is different I guess. I can take MD and get much less of an effect than one of my friends. Literally they need 80mg and it's enough. Pyschosis does linger on. I can't touch speed these days after 20 years without. I did a 50mg last year and it was literally turning back the clock to the psychosis state (possible placebo). Strange however that I don't get any sign with MD. As consumer says those visuals are pretty intense. When do they appear in the experience? Possibly your friends body does break down MDMA to MDA faster and more effectively than most. As we know some MDMA is metabolised to MDA naturally but usually large doses and later in the experience?

Even MDA visuals were never extreme like skulls opening with insects pouring out. Thats another realm. I have seen similar on DMT open eyed, all my skin removed and the insides of my body exposed and pumping with electric colours. But thats dmt

MDA caused the most extreme and realistic hallucinations I've ever experienced, matched only by lucid dreaming. Not just seeing things that weren't there - full blown 'being' in a totally imagined situation.

MDA caused the most extreme and realistic hallucinations I've ever experienced, matched only by lucid dreaming. Not just seeing things that weren't there - full blown 'being' in a totally imagined situation.
I guess we are all different. I need more high end psychedelics for those kinds of experiences.

I used to know this guy that turned up to a couple of parties myself and other members of that particular friend circle held. One evening I remember him sitting in a chair in a crowded kitchen completely unaware of his surroundings, mumbling some irrelevant shite. Turned out he had thought he was in a phone box?? No idea what quantity of md he got through to get to that state, but I've been assured there were no other drugs involved (except probably alcohol)

I guess we are all different. I need more high end psychedelics for those kinds of experiences.

High dose LSD or Shrooms, whilst wondrous, don't come close for me - I'm always aware that I am 'tripping'. What I now understand to be MDA was different and much closer a waking dream. Once I was on the stage of 'Blind Date' with Cilla, the cameramen and the studio audience present. It all seemed totally real. As the screen went back to reveal who I'd chosen I was back on the dancefloor of Club UK with a perplexed look on my face.

High dose LSD or Shrooms, whilst wondrous, don't come close for me - I'm always aware that I am 'tripping'. What I now understand to be MDA was different and much closer a waking dream. Once I was on the stage of 'Blind Date' with Cilla, the cameramen and the studio audience present. It all seemed totally real. As the screen went back to reveal who I'd chosen I was back on the dancefloor of Club UK with a perplexed look on my face.

As i said we are all different. High dose shrooms and dmt / ayahuasca get me into those realms. MDA was visual but nothing like those substances for me. As far as hallucinations (if you even call them that) dmt is in a league of its own. Really high dose shrooms go close.

MDA or taking too many pills and having loads of MDA floating around you as an AM has to be the most consistent drug for giving me positive visual hallucinations. And that includes candyflipping 2 penny acids on top of the MDMA and whizz on friday night.

That was the most intense drug experience I have ever had tho off anything, anytime anywhere (the c-flip on Friday like - never done it b4)