• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Hallucinating insects and demonic faces on LSD

I had a collegue hallucinate satan on DCK, was an addict with whom I shared a bit of that substance, thought heck if he didn't kill himself yet, maybe it will help him, and if not he'll have a nice time - what he did until some hours and redosing lines later when he freaked out and me with him (telepathically, we were in different rooms, I just hid in the bathroom without seeing him again and he left through the front door. If anything then this has convinced me that telepathy is real (and the Dutch guys also confirmed it scientifically with psilocybin but ya know, personal experiences are more convincing).

Never ever seen a single bug or insect or demon or god on any substance and this involves a bunch of overdoses, trainwrecks 'n trip disasters as well as a 500+mg benadryl attempt etc. But I'd be very interested in how much these experiences overlap (as in, would you and a buddy on the same level and substance see the same bugs at the same positions or is it just random background noise which the reptil part of our brains interprets in a way it thinks to know. I'm not yet convinced that all this stuff is just in our heads, I'd say chances are bigger that there are other dimensions - they even accept the possibility of multiverse today which means that anything is possible ...

I gotcha but if a person has never seen an insect before it would in a way be akin to them never existing (for them). It would be an interesting experiment but way too variable as not everyone gets these visuals and said person wouldn't know what to look for.
I'd say you don't need to know bugs before, there is stuff encoded in our DNA - just see animals which are similar enough even with these species which never ever got to meet their parents. Also on one of my first shroom trips I saw runes, like from another age, and while I can't know for sure to never having seen them before, I am very sure that seeing letters transform into hieroglyphs was one of the last things I'd have expected from a trip so I'm pretty sure it wasn't just coincidence.

Yeah the primal instincts theory is the best explanation I could think of but I could be totally wrong, in the.end.though I doubt we would have hallucinations of insects had they not existed at all but it would be even more interesting if this wasn't true.
Mainfestations of the subconcious or external things?

the subconscious is consciousness in motion, perceptions in process.
there is really nothing sub about it, but mind is as quick as a nest of cockroaches continuously stirred by our senses and other perceptions.
ideas crawling over other ideas

it is not too difficult to notice the bits and pieces [of what might be there] shifting in what is usually considered a solid universe

I had a collegue hallucinate satan on DCK, was an addict with whom I shared a bit of that substance, thought heck if he didn't kill himself yet, maybe it will help him, and if not he'll have a nice time - what he did until some hours and redosing lines later when he freaked out and me with him (telepathically, we were in different rooms, I just hid in the bathroom without seeing him again and he left through the front door). If anything then this has convinced me that telepathy is real (and the Dutch guys also confirmed it scientifically with psilocybin but ya know, personal experiences are more convincing).

I actually disproved it myself. Earlier this year while naturally dissociated and psychotic (also smoking a lot of cannabis) I was experiencing the telepathy sensation to the point that I was seeing in clear, legible written words the specific thoughts that were going through everyone's heads translated into my own conception of English, and I realized that cats and birds and also had more simplistic and relatively humanlike thoughts and I was seeing theirs and communicating with them as well. I also felt I was connecting to the greater collective consciousness at large and was communicating telepathically with a large group of animals who explained very clearly to me that other animals besides humans generally have the ability to communicate telepathically and do this with each other all the time and don't need language to express complex thoughts, but humans' brains have evolved in such a way that drove us permanently insane by nature, causing us to mostly lose our telepathic sense and do unusual things that lead to the destruction of the natural landscapes we inhabit. They told me that for ages they had been focusing their mental resources as a group specifically on trying to influence humans to kill themselves as a way of trying to rid the world of them and let things return to a more primal but balanced state, and that this seemed related to why some people such as those with schizophrenia sometimes hear their pleading voices, but they came to realize that most humans simply by way of being mostly disconnected from this telepathic state were also immune to this prodding and thus had evolved a way to survive the murderous mind control of other animals. I told them I would help people hear their story in a way that made me not sound crazy as much as possible, but also reminded them that I'm a crazy and flawed human, and I wanted to test a theory first. My parents have a cat who is very in tune with human interactions related to food, clearly signaling which food she does or doesn't want at any given time out of a large number of options, to the point of being snobby about it. I walked into their kitchen and saw her waiting at the food area and walked over to her, and in her mind I very clearly saw a picture of the fish-flavored cat food label, entirely clearly, no ambiguity. I grabbed the fish-flavored cat food and poured some in her bowl, and she walked away, snubbing it. Very disappointing.

I've seen the devil entity and have come to think that it's actually basically one of the ultimate end results of exactly what this thread is discussing: an entity playing a role in the subconscious that is related to schema for insects, animals, and generally demonic or monstrous figures, all compressed into a single humanoid figure incorporating the concrete and abstract elements of each into as seamlessly-designed of a form as possible. I've come to think that there are a lot of stereotypical entities in the human brain that seem to work roughly this way.

Never ever seen a single bug or insect or demon or god on any substance and this involves a bunch of overdoses, trainwrecks 'n trip disasters as well as a 500+mg benadryl attempt etc. But I'd be very interested in how much these experiences overlap (as in, would you and a buddy on the same level and substance see the same bugs at the same positions or is it just random background noise which the reptil part of our brains interprets in a way it thinks to know). I'm not yet convinced that all this stuff is just in our heads, I'd say chances are bigger that there are other dimensions - they even accept the possibility of multiverse today which means that anything is possible ...

I know a lot of people are enchanted by stories of things like these occurring from substances, but it was my mental health issues that really brought that kind of stuff out of me. I have hallucinated some relatively crazy shit from drugs too but it was always relatively difficult for me to get anything too crazy compared to a lot of my friends and other people whose stories I heard, though these days it's easy for me to get anything on drugs or not.

I think the answer to the question you proposed is, it's sort of both. I think it's stuff brought out by activity of the reptile part of our brains becoming more conscious, and everyone has that part of their brain and therefore sometimes you will interpret the same things in the same way and possibly gain some insight into something real, and other times it'll just be random background noise, because it's still an interpretation rather than a direct experience of the reality it's interpreting.

Last edited:
yeah, that collective consciousness you were connecting with was your own mind which is normally in pieces everywhere like a teenager's bedroom with lenient parents - and that really goes for all of us.

I'm quite lucid about it now, but you couldn't have gotten through to me about it at the time. It's amazing that I cared about testing the reality of any thoughts I had at all.

I don't believe anything with certainty about a theoretical collective consciousness, but I've been around the wheel enough times to question some shit.

In my most recent acid trip, at some points there were hallucinations of demonic/gargoyle faces structured in a kaleidoscopic, geometric pattern. I often see 'faces' in clouds and creased patterns during my trips. They tend to integrate with the geometric, fractal and kaleidoscopic visuals I get. This doesn't necessarily mean I'm having a bad trip. The trip was very deep and insightful, full of realisations, new perspectives and hilarious times with my friends I was tripping with.

However, when I told a friend "Oh the geometric demonic faces are back again" he wondered whether I was seeing them as demonic because they were reflecting something negative about how I was feeling. This isn't necessarily the case, as my mood was quite good. But it did make me question that visual aspect of many of my trips. Could these demonic looking faces really reflect something dark about myself? Has anyone else experienced these kinds of faces, without necessarily having a bad trip?

Also during the trip, we we made a fire. Now when it started burning, my friend said "I wonder if you can see any of the insects crawling about". Now I don't know whether this triggered it or not, but I could suddenly see life all over the mud near the fire. There were tadpoles, frogs, toads, spiders and insects. When the fire had gone out and the embers were still glowing, it looked like worms were dripping and ants were crawling all over the embers. They actually looked like real ants, not like images of them. I could also see bees in the embers, which now looked like a bee hive. The clarity of these hallucinations started to throw me off guard. Now I could see spiders and other insects on the floor. I was able to turn moments panic into calm by accepting what was happening and forcing a positive outlook on the situation. "Why should this make me feel bad?" I thought to myself.

However, has anyone else hallucinated insects etc. while tripping? Or know anyone who has? And do you think these hallucinations indicate a bad trip? Could they be reflections of something dark or unaddressed in myself?

Any input would be welcomed. I can't help but think that even though the trip was entertaining, hilarious and thought provoking and constructive, that these types of hallucination could be projections of negative parts of myself. But I don't know what those parts of myself could be. I just came out of the trip with the impression that if you see negative images such as demonic faces and insects crawling about that this must mean you had a bad trip.
Are you schizophrenic or do you have mania, bipolar, or other types of psychosis? I know multiple people who are schizophrenic and/or manic/bipolar and they all have had demonic themed visuals/themes, and trips on LSD and mushrooms, or DMT when they were self medicating their mental illnesses with psychedelic drugs which made things 1,000X worse.

Are you schizophrenic or do you have mania, bipolar, or other types of psychosis? I know multiple people who are schizophrenic and/or manic/bipolar and they all have had demonic themed visuals/themes, and trips on LSD and mushrooms, or DMT when they were self medicating their mental illnesses with psychedelic drugs which made things 1,000X worse.

☝️

I've come to realize that most of the world's religions are clearly based on mental illness, when I experienced them firsthand. Also probably at least half of all fictional media that's ever been created.

I don't necessarily think you must have those conditions to have those kinds of hallucinations, though.

I've come to realize that most of the world's religions are clearly based on mental illness, when I experienced them firsthand.
Your post about telepathy reminded me of the 'Bicameral mentality' hypothesis that all human brains once resembled those of schizophrenic people.
It states that schizophrenia is simply a partial or full return to our prior states from thousands of years ago, in which our brains were separated into a part that spoke and a part that listened. We didn't think, but rather heard commands and obeyed them. The evolutionary destruction of this state created consciousness.
Obviously that is a gross oversimplification of the theory, but it would explain the hearing voices and "talking to God" parts of the Bible and other religious texts. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I find it incredibly fascinating nonetheless.

Your post about telepathy reminded me of the 'Bicameral mentality' hypothesis that all human brains once resembled those of schizophrenic people.
It states that schizophrenia is simply a partial or full return to our prior states from thousands of years ago, in which our brains were separated into a part that spoke and a part that listened. We didn't think, but rather heard commands and obeyed them. The evolutionary destruction of this state created consciousness.
Obviously that is a gross oversimplification of the theory, but it would explain the hearing voices and "talking to God" parts of the Bible and other religious texts. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I find it incredibly fascinating nonetheless.

I actually support this theory in concept, though I don't necessarily agree with every situational example people might try to give, and I extend it further than just schizophrenia and more into things like psychosis, dissociation, and mania just in general. I also think the way people try to imagine the way the brain used to work might be a little simple and reductionist, but I understand what they're trying to get at nonetheless. Unfortunately, I knew about this theory before I had that psychotic experience, so it's kind of tainted as an example.

I have dissociative identity disorder, which I think actually provides far more insight into how the brain might have used to work, and there's a hell of a lot more going on with it than one listener and one commander. I've actually come to believe that the human brain is basically like as massive storehouse of individual conscious minds of far greater than number than one can imagine that are each assigned to different behavioral trajectories either from birth or when they first come into use, and that the only reason most people don't realize this is because the human brain has evolved in such a way that makes these processes subconscious and makes it impossible to differentiate which of your behaviors are connected to which identity state, creating the illusion that it's all just one sense of self with a highly complex behavioral repertoire. I expect that in ancient times, the way it worked was something like each alter identity was specifically created as a way of storing information learned for the most part from other living beings, such as watching another member of your species perform a complex action you don't know and then having your brain create an alter of that other member of your species that reverse engineers the physics of that thing you saw them do based on what you saw from what angle and such to translate it into your own body's behavior and allow you to learn that action by watching, so back then it would just be that you switch to the alter that knows how to do whatever you need to do at any given time, whereas humans now again just assume it's all just them because they're unaware of the switches or the individual alters.

The truly disturbing thing about DID is how orderly it all is; when you watch it play out firsthand, it's impossible to deny that the brain is actually doing something purposeful and complex, as opposed to just generating chaotic inner hallucinations. I've frankly mostly stopped thinking about drugs (though I still use lots of cannabis, which certainly intensifies some stuff for me) since I had to start dealing with it and my other psychotic and manic issues more severely not because I should be stopping for the sake of my mental health, but because none of them are as trippy as what I deal with already anyway. These days I spend most of my time being an adrenaline junkie and documenting the results and findings of doing so in a dissociative inner world we tend to refer to as "the hellscape" which is as bad as it sounds, though incredibly fascinating. I'm hoping one day I can organize everything I know and understand about it into something I can publish in a meaningful way to help people understand this state of mind more clearly, or maybe at least make a movie for the MCU.

I actually support this theory in concept, though I don't necessarily agree with every situational example people might try to give, and I extend it further than just schizophrenia and more into things like psychosis, dissociation, and mania just in general. I also think the way people try to imagine the way the brain used to work might be a little simple and reductionist, but I understand what they're trying to get at nonetheless. Unfortunately, I knew about this theory before I had that psychotic experience, so it's kind of tainted as an example.

I have dissociative identity disorder, which I think actually provides far more insight into how the brain might have used to work, and there's a hell of a lot more going on with it than one listener and one commander. I've actually come to believe that the human brain is basically like as massive storehouse of individual conscious minds of far greater than number than one can imagine that are each assigned to different behavioral trajectories either from birth or when they first come into use, and that the only reason most people don't realize this is because the human brain has evolved in such a way that makes these processes subconscious and makes it impossible to differentiate which of your behaviors are connected to which identity state, creating the illusion that it's all just one sense of self with a highly complex behavioral repertoire. I expect that in ancient times, the way it worked was something like each alter identity was specifically created as a way of storing information learned for the most part from other living beings, such as watching another member of your species perform a complex action you don't know and then having your brain create an alter of that other member of your species that reverse engineers the physics of that thing you saw them do based on what you saw from what angle and such to translate it into your own body's behavior and allow you to learn that action by watching, so back then it would just be that you switch to the alter that knows how to do whatever you need to do at any given time, whereas humans now again just assume it's all just them because they're unaware of the switches or the individual alters.

The truly disturbing thing about DID is how orderly it all is; when you watch it play out firsthand, it's impossible to deny that the brain is actually doing something purposeful and complex, as opposed to just generating chaotic inner hallucinations. I've frankly mostly stopped thinking about drugs (though I still use lots of cannabis, which certainly intensifies some stuff for me) since I had to start dealing with it and my other psychotic and manic issues more severely not because I should be stopping for the sake of my mental health, but because none of them are as trippy as what I deal with already anyway. These days I spend most of my time being an adrenaline junkie and documenting the results and findings of doing so in a dissociative inner world we tend to refer to as "the hellscape" which is as bad as it sounds, though incredibly fascinating. I'm hoping one day I can organize everything I know and understand about it into something I can publish in a meaningful way to help people understand this state of mind more clearly, or maybe at least make a movie for the MCU.
I have been around people who were in psychosis, or disassociative states, the one guy had at least two or more different personalities and would go into catatonic states and become super angry over nothing when he was not experiencing disassociative states or psychosis.

In my most recent acid trip, at some points there were hallucinations of demonic/gargoyle faces structured in a kaleidoscopic, geometric pattern. I often see 'faces' in clouds and creased patterns during my trips. They tend to integrate with the geometric, fractal and kaleidoscopic visuals I get. This doesn't necessarily mean I'm having a bad trip. The trip was very deep and insightful, full of realisations, new perspectives and hilarious times with my friends I was tripping with.

However, when I told a friend "Oh the geometric demonic faces are back again" he wondered whether I was seeing them as demonic because they were reflecting something negative about how I was feeling. This isn't necessarily the case, as my mood was quite good. But it did make me question that visual aspect of many of my trips. Could these demonic looking faces really reflect something dark about myself? Has anyone else experienced these kinds of faces, without necessarily having a bad trip?

Also during the trip, we we made a fire. Now when it started burning, my friend said "I wonder if you can see any of the insects crawling about". Now I don't know whether this triggered it or not, but I could suddenly see life all over the mud near the fire. There were tadpoles, frogs, toads, spiders and insects. When the fire had gone out and the embers were still glowing, it looked like worms were dripping and ants were crawling all over the embers. They actually looked like real ants, not like images of them. I could also see bees in the embers, which now looked like a bee hive. The clarity of these hallucinations started to throw me off guard. Now I could see spiders and other insects on the floor. I was able to turn moments panic into calm by accepting what was happening and forcing a positive outlook on the situation. "Why should this make me feel bad?" I thought to myself.

However, has anyone else hallucinated insects etc. while tripping? Or know anyone who has? And do you think these hallucinations indicate a bad trip? Could they be reflections of something dark or unaddressed in myself?

Any input would be welcomed. I can't help but think that even though the trip was entertaining, hilarious and thought provoking and constructive, that these types of hallucination could be projections of negative parts of myself. But I don't know what those parts of myself could be. I just came out of the trip with the impression that if you see negative images such as demonic faces and insects crawling about that this must mean you had a bad trip.
Yeah you're fine.

Writer Philip K. Dick only took LSD 2-3 times in the mid to late 'sixties. Last time it did not go well. He told a friend later that he went to hell for a thousand years.

It precipitated a psychological and emotional breakdown that resulted in the first significant break in his output which had been steady since the mid 50s, and it would only be a smattering of books of great interest from a psychological and spiritual vantage point but as science fiction not up to par with his finest works. However whose to say: allegedly he lived out his later years until his somewhat untimely death from a stroke in 1981 at peace and with a renewal of his Episcopalian (Anglican) faith in Christ's redemptive Love.

So who's to say what constitutes a bad trip when all is said and done. But really bad ones, may you be spared them, don't require community confirmation.

the subconscious is consciousness in motion, perceptions in process.
there is really nothing sub about it, but mind is as quick as a nest of cockroaches continuously stirred by our senses and other perceptions.
ideas crawling over other ideas

it is not too difficult to notice the bits and pieces [of what might be there] shifting in what is usually considered a solid universe
Subconscious has many meanings I dont know where the term originated but its usage blew up during the 50s/60s in relation to the peak of (Freudian) psychoanalysis,

As far as I know it has little to do with the word conscious or it's opposite unconscious apart from sharing the same root word. Consciousness... is actually one of the most controversial subjects in science LOL, however if the typical discourse is any indication bluelighters are ahead of the curve. And while I'm sure you can Rouse a couple of people into a long debate about this topic I think all of us agree that a conscious mind exists

And I can prove right now for myself that an unconscious mind exists. For example 5 minutes ago I was not thinking of a horseback riding trip I took with my father in the Arizona desert when I was a child; was in fact totally oblivious of it. That's it. I'm using the simplest definition because it's usually the truest. People like Carl Jung merely suggested that all of Human Experience not only in the past but in the future exist in a metaspace he called the collective unconscious. There was also the personal unconscious as well as the racial unconscious, ethnic unconscious, religious unconscious. But he was actually far more down to earth and based almost all of his outlook on insights from his patient's mainly recounting their dreams ( which he cross-referenced with art, literature and myths of many cultures and truly was a polymath in that he read deeply his whole life in the style of someone educated in the late eighteen hundreds, people of his sort no longer exist in our world of a small percentage of people focused on a specialization and the rest and vast majority of us ( to which I include myself) are relegated to being more or less half-baked intellectuals by design. The education system in America and all Western democracies has been systematically dismantled beginning in earnest after the second World War but really picking up pace in the post-Vietnam era. For all variety of reasons but of which and undeniable one is that the ruling class had no more need for, did not and does not want a population able to think critically for themselves and able to question authority.

But I digress... Just like a half-baked intellectual

Last edited:
@darvocet21 your proof of an unconscious mind is incorrect.
the proof is my wife (or anyone), who is sleeping and not dreaming.
you suggest instead a memory chosen for unclear personal reasons. (the horseback incident)
lack of clarity is not proof of subconscious - it is, however, further proof of a multitude of associations emerging in the moment of you writing your response above, and the most slaient one getting headline status.

@darvocet21 I was puzzled about your mention about 5 minutes, and then realized that the short term memory aspect of our dialog here relates as follows.

As I explained (maybe not in this thread) the last 5 minutes of your experience leaves many neurons in a "recently activated metabolic state" i.e. no longer active, but primed to be reactivated by slight linkage energy that would not awaken a long term memory engram neuron.

so I surmise, that in the last 5 minutes leading up to and including while you were writing your comment above, you were pondering how my assertion about the unconscious or subconscious is off the wall or at least in opposition to Freud and Jung (correctamundo), so as part of your general attitude to the topic, you stirred your memory for an example that had nothing to do with this conversation (in particular the last 5 minutes of it in your life); so in bringing up the horseback incident reference you had a eureka moment that was influenced by your short term memory context.

i.e. of all memories you could mention, a satisfactory one would most likely be one that is not related to the idea or time frame of short term memory.

the first random association that you came up with that fits the criterion of your short term memory issues was the horseback incident.

This tends to support the role of contextual short term memory (a defensive or ego-ish side effect of consciousness) as well as the overall model of consciousness being the ongoing process that mixes sensation + perception + memory formation with some side effects including short term memory and resonant mental state (emotional or psychedelic temporal signal extension).

Freud and Jung were right about a surprising amount of things, that's another thing I've learned from being insane. Not everything but it's clear to me that they were observing real phenomena and doing their best to understand it at a time when very few people in the world cared, and thus did walk away with some real and novel insights. Some of what I've seen that seems to relate to their ideas was I think probably just too abstract for them to fully understand with the knowledge base they had to work with back then, especially all the shit related to penises.

I have been around people who were in psychosis, or disassociative states, the one guy had at least two or more different personalities and would go into catatonic states and become super angry over nothing when he was not experiencing disassociative states or psychosis.

Yep, I don't know about the anger but dissociation is highly complex and can involve a large number of interacting identities, which one can debate whether they're all actually equally conscious or not just like all of us here can about one another (solipsism and all that), but they sure seem to pass the Turing test. I've heard people argue that the brain couldn't possibly contain that many consciousnesses but I disagree, I can think of lots of ways to easily shortcut brain functions to squeeze in as many different perspectives as possible like I do when trying to write quirky computer code, like making every single mind access the same inner maps and memory streams even if with different efficiency, it's not like you'd have to have an entire brain's worth of wiring for every individual consciousness, or even necessarily remotely close to it.

Most people would frankly probably have trouble fully accepting or believing even in the possibility of the depth of my/our condition, but a lifetime of multiple types of mental health issues, sexual repression, purposefully pushing the limits of comfort, and extensive use of standard, novel, and especially in general hallucinogenic drugs will do that.

Yeah you're fine.

Writer Philip K. Dick only took LSD 2-3 times in the mid to late 'sixties. Last time it did not go well. He told a friend later that he went to hell for a thousand years.

It precipitated a psychological and emotional breakdown that resulted in the first significant break in his output which had been steady since the mid 50s, and it would only be a smattering of books of great interest from a psychological and spiritual vantage point but as science fiction not up to par with his finest works. However whose to say: allegedly he lived out his later years until his somewhat untimely death from a stroke in 1981 at peace and with a renewal of his Episcopalian (Anglican) faith in Christ's redemptive Love.

So who's to say what constitutes a bad trip when all is said and done. But really bad ones, may you be spared them, don't require community confirmation.

Hell hasn't given me any faith, but it sure is fascinating. I don't recommend it unless you're up for some primal scream therapy.

Freud and Jung were right about a surprising amount of things, that's another thing I've learned from being insane. Not everything but it's clear to me that they were observing real phenomena and doing their best to understand it at a time when very few people in the world cared, and thus did walk away with some real and novel insights. Some of what I've seen that seems to relate to their ideas was I think probably just too abstract for them to fully understand with the knowledge base they had to work with back then, especially all the shit related to penises.

Yep, I don't know about the anger but dissociation is highly complex and can involve a large number of interacting identities, which one can debate whether they're all actually equally conscious or not just like all of us here can about one another (solipsism and all that), but they sure seem to pass the Turing test. I've heard people argue that the brain couldn't possibly contain that many consciousnesses but I disagree, I can think of lots of ways to easily shortcut brain functions to squeeze in as many different perspectives as possible like I do when trying to write quirky computer code, like making every single mind access the same inner maps and memory streams even if with different efficiency, it's not like you'd have to have an entire brain's worth of wiring for every individual consciousness, or even necessarily remotely close to it.

Most people would frankly probably have trouble fully accepting or believing even in the possibility of the depth of my/our condition, but a lifetime of multiple types of mental health issues, sexual repression, purposefully pushing the limits of comfort, and extensive use of standard, novel, and especially in general hallucinogenic drugs will do that.

Hell hasn't given me any faith, but it sure is fascinating. I don't recommend it unless you're up for some primal scream therapy.
If it was not clear, he would get very angry when my housemates and I would ask him questions about things he said or claimed happened when in psychosis, or when in delusional disassociative states, or when he was into lying and manipulating to himself and others. He would start and stop his medications or take them for a day or two or week and then completely suddenly stop them. When he was on the antipsychotic meds he was not angry, friendly, and relatively normal, not super angry or argumentative, and not psychotic.

@darvocet21 your proof of an unconscious mind is incorrect.
the proof is my wife (or anyone), who is sleeping and not dreaming.
you suggest instead a memory chosen for unclear personal reasons. (the horseback incident)
lack of clarity is not proof of subconscious - it is, however, further proof of a multitude of associations emerging in the moment of you writing your response above, and the most slaient one getting headline status.
I'm not trying to be rude by ignoring you. Not sure where you get the notion I'm trying to prove anything to anybody else. In case you didn't read it I said

"And I can prove right now for myself that an unconscious mind exists."

and apart from wanting to engage in debate, nothing wrong with that just not up for it tonight