• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Half life ??

I looked up the Kratom’s half life and they say it’s dose dependent and is totally eliminated from the body in 5-6 days which kinda makes sense cause I see recommendations of using it once a week to avoid dependence but when I look up Soma it says it’s totally eliminated in 11 hours , so would it be safe to use once a day without risk of dependance developing ?

Last edited:
I looked up the Kratom’s half life and they say it’s dose dependent and is totally eliminated from the body in 5-6 days which kinda makes sense cause I see recommendations of using it once a week to avoid dependence but when I look up soma it says it’s totally eliminated in 11 hours , so would it be safe to use once a day without risk of dependance developing ?
You're probably fine to use it one day and not worry about developing an addiction to it. I sometimes use kratom, and I'll dose between 4.5 to 6 mg a day, for four or five days in a row, and I have not had any sort of dependence on it after that.

You're probably fine to use it one day and not worry about developing an addiction to it. I sometimes use kratom, and I'll dose between 4.5 to 6 mg a day, for four or five days in a row, and I have not had any sort of dependence on it after that.
I don’t think I’ll ever take an opioid without a day break in between days, they earned my respect , I’m gonna try the Soma for a week and see , thanks

Last edited:
I don’t think I’ll ever take an opioid without a day break in between days, they earned my respect , I’m gonna try them for a week and see , thanks
I hink if you use it once a day, you’ll eventually develop a dependence, especially if you’ve been dependent on opiates/opioids in the past.

That being said, I’ve seen a lot of posts from people claiming to have stayed on ~10 gram doses for years, never increasing it

Personally, I don’t think a light kratom addiction is a big deal as long as you have a constant supply. I’m addicted to it, and it definitely still helps my anxiety A LOT, Andy I’ve been taking it for 6 months straight

I just ate two tablespoons of it to wake up with 30 mg dxm xr and 1 gram black seed oil, now I’m going to chainsmoke high cbd weed, I do this everyday, and it ALWAYS helps my anxiety, if not eliminating it completely

Kind of makes me wonder why people ever go get dependent on benzodiazepines when all of that is legally available, cheap, and easy to obtain. I think that cocktail helps my anxiety better than any pills I’ve ever been prescribed.

Last edited:
I don’t think I’ll ever take an opioid without a day break in between days, they earned my respect , I’m gonna try them for a week and see , thanks
Opiate/oid addiction is a bitch. If you're concerned about becoming dependent it might even be worth waiting a few extra days in between.

I use kratom sporadically, usually only when the pesky H cravings pop up. One dose of kratom keeps me from thinking about H for a few days after, which is really nice. I would say since I started using kratom it has been a one week, every other month type thing,

Honestly it’s hard to tell which thing I’m withdrawing from sometimes. I do take extract whenever I use Keaton because I feel the withdrawal is less and it’s easier in the belly. I usually use during my downtime and have little to no bad effects when it comes time to ditch it. Basically it’s my way of tapering my body down to a clean slate.

Opiate/oid addiction is a bitch. If you're concerned about becoming dependent it might even be worth waiting a few extra days in between.

I use kratom sporadically, usually only when the pesky H cravings pop up. One dose of kratom keeps me from thinking about H for a few days after, which is really nice. I would say since I started using kratom it has been a one week, every other month type thing,
Yeah i like kratom too much simply its available, i dosed two days ago for the first time in a about a month i used almost an ounce between two doses which kept me nice all day, ill do it again in a few weeks

Yeah i like kratom too much simply its available, i dosed two days ago for the first time in a about a month i used almost an ounce between two doses which kept me nice all day, ill do it again in a few weeks
So you dont feel withdrawals from your kratom breaks? Do you take black seed oil to alleviate any kratom withdrawal?

I hink if you use it once a day, you’ll eventually develop a dependence, especially if you’ve been dependent on opiates/opioids in the past.

That being said, I’ve seen a lot of posts from people claiming to have stayed on ~10 gram doses for years, never increasing it

Personally, I don’t think a light kratom addiction is a big deal as long as you have a constant supply. I’m addicted to it, and it definitely still helps my anxiety A LOT, Andy I’ve been taking it for 6 months straight

I just ate two tablespoons of it to wake up with 30 mg dxm xr and 1 gram black seed oil, now I’m going to chainsmoke high cbd weed, I do this everyday, and it ALWAYS helps my anxiety, if not eliminating it completely

Kind of makes me wonder why people ever go get dependent on benzodiazepines when all of that is legally available, cheap, and easy to obtain. I think that cocktail helps my anxiety better than any pills I’ve ever been prescribed.
That's the thing if you had opiate dependence in the past i used to go india when in my teens and would take afeem [raw opium] for 2 or 3 weeks and be fine when back in the states but once addicted to brown cant take it a week without wd

That's the thing if you had opiate dependence in the past i used to go india when in my teens and would take afeem [raw opium] for 2 or 3 weeks and be fine when back in the states but once addicted to brown cant take it a week without wd
I can’t see how that could possibly end well, the only thing that comes to mind is if this is something that happened one time and it was before your dependence matured , what I mean by that is it took me years to finally find out what “ dopesick “ was , I always had money and dope was plentiful so why would I wanna quit , But once you go thru it and and associate the rotten feeling with opiate withdrawal your life will never be the same simply because you know, ( I hope this makes some kinda sense to you) .

In your teens this may have worked for you but I’d bet the family farm things won’t go as smoothly for you now.

I had minor surgery Thursday and they gave me #10 codeine #3’s , they’ll be finished today but I expect to feel some minor discomfort in my stomach tomorrow morning and I’m sure I’ll wanna take some tramadol to feel better , I won’t though.

I can’t see how that could possibly end well, the only thing that comes to mind is if this is something that happened one time and it was before your dependence matured , what I mean by that is it took me years to finally find out what “ dopesick “ was , I always had money and dope was plentiful so why would I wanna quit , But once you go thru it and and associate the rotten feeling with opiate withdrawal your life will never be the same simply because you know, ( I hope this makes some kinda sense to you) .

In your teens this may have worked for you but I’d bet the family farm things won’t go as smoothly for you now.

I had minor surgery Thursday and they gave me #10 codeine #3’s , they’ll be finished today but I expect to feel some minor discomfort in my stomach tomorrow morning and I’m sure I’ll wanna take some tramadol to feel better , I won’t though.
I would take those, powder them all up, do a CWE, and take it all once

I would take those, powder them all up, do a CWE, and take it all once
I boof them ,I only take one at a time and it’s only for pain, I can’t believe I’m saying this but they actually work 🤓 I lost a testicle to cancer in February and in a nutshell this is the forth surgery regarding it , I had a drain hole that never healed properly so he opened it up and trimmed it a bit and I have 2” incision on my scrotum from it.

I learned about boofing here on BL during 5he prior surgeries , I would just swallow pills if they weren’t shootable but boofing definitely the way to go if you can’t shoot them

Now i be fucked brother once you opiate dependant even 3 days with the long acting afreem would fuck me. This was when i not addicted would take it dor the buzz and you eat what you want and not get delhi belly .

I looked up the Kratom’s half life and they say it’s dose dependent and is totally eliminated from the body in 5-6 days which kinda makes sense cause I see recommendations of using it once a week to avoid dependence but when I look up Soma it says it’s totally eliminated in 11 hours , so would it be safe to use once a day without risk of dependance developing ?
In direct response to the above and before anybody gets the wrong impression when they come across this thread and the input and advice given on this thread (which seems to have meandered its way off course):

The half life (be it the plasma half life or the elimination half life) of a drug has nothing at all to do with whether or not you will become physically dependent on a drug. You need to understand the actual mechanics and mechanisms of addiction, tolerance, and withdrawal. The only difference that the half life is going to make is how long it's going to take for you to start feeling withdrawal once you have developed a physical dependence on a drug.

As for Soma: elimination half life is around 11 hours. True story (but highly individual dependent). But Soma leaves behind metabolites as well. The meprobamate metabolite can take nearly four days to be eliminated from the system, even after the parent drug has been fully eliminated. In the case of Soma I'm personally unsure as to whether or not the metabolites are active or inactive. But there you have it.

The hypothesis as presented re: no problem using daily makes no logical sense if you think about it. It that were the case: there'd be not a single benzodiazepine user or patient experiencing withdrawal from daily use over a period.

I'd say that daily use of Soma will have you on a very slippery slope and physically dependent before you know it. Psychological addiction will come way before for sure.

This business of drug half lives isn't very well understood either. Below is a pretty decent explanation (watch the video also).