• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Half Life Series

oh man how did I miss this thread! hl is one of the most epic games I've ever played, fantastic gameplay and plot.
and the final fight against that huge floating thing! soooo epic.
also played the 2 player version with my bro on the ps2 %)

still gotta finish hl2 tho, it doesn't even start so I have to re-download it :p

yeah wtf and I already played like half of the game so it worked well before (apart from the huge lag I somehow got when approaching moving trains ?-?)

I honestly don't even really like HL2 very much. Parts of it are so drawn out and complicated needlessly.

HL2 EP 1 and 2 are slightly better

I am going to have to replay them eventually though

My least favorite part of HL2 is the water boat.

I don't know man, I really liked it for what I played. I didn't really like the boat part either but it was a cool game IMHO.
hard to beat the epicness of hl 1 tho.

Half Life 2 and episodes 1 and 2 (can't remember if HL2 is separate from eps. 1 and 2, but I played whatever was on the Orange Box) But that game was fucking awesome. One of the best I've ever played.

I also bought Half life 1 for the PS2 but it wouldn't load :(

Half-Life gave us the original TFC (so much better than Team Fortress 2) and the best game ever.. ever.. Counter-Strike 1.6

Other than that I don't think the HL games are all that.. They have some decent features and story lines but the actual game play is pretty poor.

Half-Life gave us the original TFC (so much better than Team Fortress 2) and the best game ever.. ever.. Counter-Strike 1.6

Other than that I don't think the HL games are all that.. They have some decent features and story lines but the actual game play is pretty poor.

TFC provided me with many years of entertainment. Still bitter that the border patrol map from the original Team Fortress wasn't ever released for TFC though.

I played the original on the PS2 many, many years ago. I agree that the plot was better than the second. Of course, the Ravenholm part of HL2 was awesome though.

Haven't played any of them in years though. Never even finished Ep. 2 as I got stuck on some part and gave up and... well, that was 7 years ago or so lol.

Did you make all those guides yourself at the beginning of the thread CH? I'm impressed.

Yup. I used to host a server on Opposing Forces/HL1 every now and then, but the community has died off and rarely anyone joined. I also felt like no one wanted to wait the 2-3 minutes to download all the mods to connect to the server, but it's what makes it enjoyable after so many years.

I still revisit the story modes to all of the titles yearly it seems. Something nostalgic drives me to it relentlessly.