• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Half life of insufflation of suboxone ?

Jowieseff

Bluelighter
Hey all, my friend would like to know how long the half life of snorted suboxone would be (roughly).

Thank you in advance !

I would like to know too. Google has nothing but rates for it and sublingual

"Buprenorphine bioavailability was 38–44% and Tmax was 35–40 minutes after all intranasal doses."

"It is difficult to determine if observed differences in abuse potential between intranasal buprenorphine and buprenorphine/naloxone are clinically relevant at the doses tested. Greater bioavailability and faster onset of pharmacodynamic effects compared to sublingual administration suggests a motivation for intranasal misuse in non-dependent opioid abusers. However, significant naloxone absorption from intranasal buprenorphine/naloxone administration may deter the likelihood of intranasal misuse of buprenorphine/naloxone, but not buprenorphine, in opioid-dependent individuals. "

"When administered as a sublingual tablet, bioavailability of buprenorphine can be as low as 15% [30], while a study of an intranasal buprenorphine solution reported bioavailability at 48% [42]. In the current study, the bioavailability of intranasal buprenorphine from crushed tablets ranged between 38 and 44% "

This study states by snorting Suboxone more naloxone is absorbed, which can cause increase side effects if one is allergic or reacts to naloxone (I do and a lot of people do)

I find intranasal suboxone use to be around 2x stronger or more effective than sublingual, and before I started dosing multiple times a day one intranasal dose of 2-4 mg could hold me 24 hours easily.

Best of luck

source : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3776483/

Right I read that study too. But i don’t see anything about intranasal half life

Not looking for bioavailability. Just curious about the half life. I agree there’s not much point in snorting aside from stretching your supply. the market is so flooded you can’t give this stuff away where I’m from so that really doesn’t matter.

Not looking for bioavailability. Just curious about the half life. I agree there’s not much point in snorting aside from stretching your supply. the market is so flooded you can’t give this stuff away where I’m from so that really doesn’t matter.
sorry don't know. used it to get off heroin and it worked. absolutely no rec value tho. only nod

That’s what I used to think! Clearance rate stays the same. But half life actually changes by roa.

@sekio , you seem to know a lot about this stuff so curious about what you think of the following quote from a study. If half-life is different for IV, it could also be different for intranasal, right?

“The terminal half-life ranges from three hours after intravenous administration to 28 to 37 hours after sublingual administration.10 It is unclear why there is such a difference in half life depending on the route of administration but this may be related to sequestring of buprenorphine in the oral mucosa.”

from this study:
Buprenorphine

"Buprenorphine bioavailability was 38–44% and Tmax was 35–40 minutes after all intranasal doses."

"It is difficult to determine if observed differences in abuse potential between intranasal buprenorphine and buprenorphine/naloxone are clinically relevant at the doses tested. Greater bioavailability and faster onset of pharmacodynamic effects compared to sublingual administration suggests a motivation for intranasal misuse in non-dependent opioid abusers. However, significant naloxone absorption from intranasal buprenorphine/naloxone administration may deter the likelihood of intranasal misuse of buprenorphine/naloxone, but not buprenorphine, in opioid-dependent individuals. "

"When administered as a sublingual tablet, bioavailability of buprenorphine can be as low as 15% [30], while a study of an intranasal buprenorphine solution reported bioavailability at 48% [42]. In the current study, the bioavailability of intranasal buprenorphine from crushed tablets ranged between 38 and 44% "

This study states by snorting Suboxone more naloxone is absorbed, which can cause increase side effects if one is allergic or reacts to naloxone (I do and a lot of people do)

I find intranasal suboxone use to be around 2x stronger or more effective than sublingual, and before I started dosing multiple times a day one intranasal dose of 2-4 mg could hold me 24 hours easily.

Best of luck

source : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3776483/
Yeah I also find snorting or smoking suboxone to be 2x as effective as sublingual

Half life is determined by so many things so it’s hard to estimate for a particular person or substance. ROA, a persons unique biology, amount ingested etc etc all determine half life.

It’s half life is estimated at 24-48 hours. Could be more could be less depending on person.

“Buprenorphine is readily absorbed through the gastrointestinal and mucosal membranes. However, due to extensive first-pass metabolism, buprenorphine has very poor oral bioavailability (10% of the intravenous route) if swallowed. Its availability is significantly increased with sublingual administration (30–50% of the intravenous route),9,10 making this a feasible route of administration for the treatment of opioid dependence. The mean time to maximum plasma concentration following sublingual administration is one hour, ranging from 30 minutes to 3.5 hours. Buprenorphine has a large volume of distribution and is highly protein bound (96%). It is metabolized primarily in the liver via the cytochrome P-450 3A4. The primary products of this metabolism are norbuprenorphine and its conjugate. Norbuprenorphine has little ability to cross the blood brain barrier and so its effects are negligible. The terminal half-life ranges from three hours after intravenous administration to 28 to 37 hours after sublingual administration.10 It is unclear why there is such a difference in half life depending on the route of administration but this may be related to sequestring of buprenorphine in the oral mucosa. Most of the buprenorphine is eliminated in the feces, with approximately 10 to 30 percent excreted in urine.11

In addition to the primary effects on the mu opioid receptor, buprenorphine also appears to act as an antagonist at the kappa opioid receptor (possibly involved with spinal analgesia and antidysphoric effects), as an agonist at the delta receptor (clinical significance uncertain), and as a partial agonist at the opioid-receptor-like 1 (ORL-1).12

Quote taken from

Half lives are the most useless things to know about a drug. Valiums half-life is 50-70hrs but 5hrs after taking it it's worn off. Half lives are useless

Half lives are the most useless things to know about a drug. Valiums half-life is 50-70hrs but 5hrs after taking it it's worn off. Half lives are useless
Apparently you've never had to be drug tested before. Half-Lives are extremely useful in figuring out whether you're going to be "dirty".