• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Half life of benzos while taking different kind of benzos. Is it ok?

Visionary_Kpsycho

Bluelighter
I am on 5mg on clonazepam took it today at 2PM, I take temazepam (high dosage) around 60-90mg around 10PM Now, I am wondering. Is this safe. Becasue of the half life of the klonopin????? Will I die? How long should i wait. I need the temazepam to sleep, or else im awake no matter what. Is it safe to take after 8 hours ??

Btw, I do have a tolerance I would say, its not my first time on benzos. Been on them on and off for years.

I was scripted both by my shrink so I'm guessing it's not gonna kill you, especially if your not benzo naive but it's different for everyone so idk. U know what u can handle better than anyone. It seems like you've done both drugs before so u know what's up with them. I've done really big amounts of benzos in the past so I'm probably not the best test case lol

overdosing on benzos alone is nearly impossible.
with that being said, big doses are likely to cause a blackout where you can seriously endanger your life doing stupid shit like for example driving or ingesting more CNS depressants, so be wary of that.

pretty much no harm that i can see here - it's very difficult to overdose on benzos, however, i have read the odd report here and there that temazepam has landed someone in the morgue just on its own. have you never taken this combo before? i just find the wording of your question a bit peculiar. is the clonazepam something you don't regularly take?

^ oh really? can you give me a link or something? I always thought a lethal benzo overdose would involve several grams of material.

I usually take ativan, but I have some klonopin, to ease me over untill me next prescription of ativan. Now I take it on a regular basis the ativan, and have taken klonopin in the past. I am wondering, is it safe to take 90mg of temazepam with 4mg of clonezepam in your body (if you are not benzo naive)

What about 2 benzos combined, I heard that was fatal? Is that true? I know Benzos, and opiates are a fatal mixture and benzos and alcohol, but what about benzo with another benzo?

Benzo+benzo just have an addictive effect as they're binding the same receptor site, benzos and drugs like barbs (which are GABAa agonists like benzos but bind to a different site, as well as alcohol which isn't fully understood how it interacts with the GABA receptor) have an exponential effect due to their pharmacology.

In the case of benzodiazepines, barbiturates also increase the binding affinity of the benzodiazepine binding sites thus leading to an exaggerated effect of benzodiazepines.[3] This makes the predicting the effect of combinations difficult and the same dose of the same drugs will not always produce the same degree of sedation and respiratory depression as the previous experience.

Benzodiazepines increase the frequency of chloride channel opening while barbiturates increase the duration that the chloride pore remains open. If a normal pore opened once every 30 seconds to pass one chloride ion, a benzodiazepine may cause it to open once every ten seconds while a barbiturate may cause it to remain open until three ions have passed through. Separately, both of these increase the effect of the pore threefold, but together, the channel would allow three ions to pass every 10 seconds. This would exponentially increase the effect of the pore ninefold, greater than the sum of the two drugs effects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbiturate_overdose

Thank you!!! Thanatos9 !!!! "THAT" was the answer I was looking for also thank you ComfortablyNumb95. Rybee you know that Benzos and alcohol are fatal. I have lost many people to that combination. Thank you for your input though. %)

Thank you!!! Thanatos9 !!!! "THAT" was the answer I was looking for also thank you ComfortablyNumb95. Rybee you know that Benzos and alcohol are fatal. I have lost many people to that combination. Thank you for your input though. %)

I'm sorry but stating that 'benzo's and alcohol are fatal' is a ridiculous comment to make.

Drinking water is also fatal. Though most people don't drink enough water for it to be fatal.

The same applies for mixing benzodiazepines, opiates and alcohol. You can't just throw out blanket statements like that...

Yeah if you put it in those terms. Observational evidence. I have seen people die from Benzo/Alcohol combos. Benzo dosage was low, Alcohol content was high (about 3mg of xanax, and over half a mickey of captain morgans spiced rum (only 35 % ). And she died.

To be fair 3mg of alprazolam isn't considered low. I occasionally drank on my temazepam (15mg) but I always limited myself to one drink before bed. While I wouldn't consider it necessarily safe I think the two can be done together as long as it's done in moderation however for some that's easier said than done.

To be fair 3mg of alprazolam isn't considered low. I occasionally drank on my temazepam (15mg) but I always limited myself to one drink before bed. While I wouldn't consider it necessarily safe I think the two can be done together as long as it's done in moderation however for some that's easier said than done.
exactly. it may make you do some dumb shit but not necceasarily fatal

I am actually prescribed clonazepam(3mg/day) and temazepam(30mg/day) and have been prescribed these meds at these doses for over 4 years. And I OFTEN take them at higher doses, such as 8-20 mg's clonazepam during the day and around 60-120mgs of temazepam in the evening. I have NEVER experienced anything close to what I would call an overdose, or any kind of negative effect for that matter. ***Although I'm not saying that taking large doses of benzos is always a good idea and that you can't harm yourself by doing that. Benzodiazepines should always be taken very seriously.***

^agreed, I've been scripted the exact same dosages as James and taken them recreationally at about the exact same dosages as James and I added a pint or a little more of 80 proof whiskey. It'll make u black out but I've never even had a bad feeling on this combo, not too fun waking up though...

^agreed, I've been scripted the exact same dosages as James and taken them recreationally at about the exact same dosages as James and I added a pint or a little more of 80 proof whiskey. It'll make u black out but I've never even had a bad feeling on this combo, not too fun waking up though...

In my opinion, alcohol isn't something that should be taken with benzos(especially high dose benzos and especially if the person in question hasn't mentioned that he/she is planning on taking alcohol with it). Basically I'm pointing out that as long as the they haven't said they wanted to use alcohol along with their benzo dose, it's not a good idea to mention using alcohol at the same time. In the interest of harm reduction of course.

Well of course. I was making the point that alcohol and benzos is not automatically a lethal combo as above poster mentioned. Maybe read the whole thread...