European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

halcoin insomnia?

dicko89

Bluelighter
I find it very strange when I take one of these It takes me hours to get to sleep then sleep for 2 hours then bang wide awake at 2am,does anybody else take these tablets, cheers guys ;)

Hey man, I'm not giving you a hard time here, but regarding the forum guidelines for Basic Drug Discussion, we like to keep our topics geared toward the reduction of harm associated with drug use. Threads created and discussed in this sub-forum should, in some way, shape or form, be centered around a person's safety. Discussing subjective experiences just isn't really our thing here.

Closed.

Hi, I don't know of many people prescribed this drug since maybe the 80's. (moving to EADD)

Er, in reference to Kief's post above; how can anyone give effective HR advice without subjective experiences to base it on :?

Modding gone mad... 8(

Last edited:
Er, in reference to Kief's post above; how can anyone give effective HR advice without subjective experiences to base it on :?

Modding gone mad... 8(
Since when is asking about side effects banned on Bluelight? That is totally bizaare. Modding gone mad indeed.

Yeah, absolutely.

Halcion (triazolam) is an extremely potent, but also extremely short acting triazolobenzodiazepine, active in the hundreds of mcg range, but lasting a few hours at most. Its rarely ever prescribed here now and I do not believe it can be scripted on the NHS, its blacklisted. Whilst I've never had it I do not particularly want to. Its so strong and so potent that even a single dose can in many people cause a rebound, almost like withdrawal although not as severe as true, protracted benzo WD.

But its known for causing a rebound a few hours after a dose that can resemble mild and temporary withdrawal.I might try it once or twice if I got the chance, to explore it, but it really doesn't sound like one I'd be enthusiastic about. I've heard of people mixing it with coke, and insufflating it, but generally it just doesn't seem like a good benzo. To end a panic attack maybe, but generally it sounds kinda crap despite (or indeed quite possibly because of) its extremely potent but extremely short duration of action. DO NOT allow yourself to get physically dependent on these! you'd be in a worse situation than people suffering GBL/GHB withdrawal, having to wake up every couple of hours, to dose round the clock in order to avoid seizures, and tapering with this benzo would be very difficult and impractical.

For sleep, I'd recommended nitrazepam above all the others, or second to that, loprazolam, out of all the benzos available on NHS RX here in the UK. Nitrazepam, is a very long acting, highly hypnotic benzo, and unlike most others, being a nitrobenzodiazepine, its got a lot more euphoric potential others. Loprazolam is a decently long acting hypnotic-anxiolytic benzo of the triazolo type. I'd love to see nitroloprazolam or flunitroloprazolam appear on the grey markets. I've been scripted it once before, took it for a fair while and really quite liked it, for a benzo. Generally benzos don't do it for me, they don't hit that spot that barbiturate binding site or loreclezole/valerian actives binding site agonists, or orthosteric agonists (GABA binding site itself) like muscimol do.

I prefer the 'wall-banger' sort of GABAergic sedative-hypnotic, the old school ones that are mostly not around these days. I really want to try glutethimide in particular, with dihydrocodeine, as well as ethchlorvynol and methaqualone.

While I like the handiness (quick onset for panic management) and potency of triazolo's I only find them of use if I have a long acting drug to select from as well. I've never tried triazolam, I've never been a missive fan of alprazolam (good drug but no better than other intermediate acting 'classic' benzodiazepines such as lorazepam and especially, temazepam) and only bother with clonitrazolam (when I can get it).

I have always preferred diazepam or clonazepam as it can be used then tapered off over a couple of subsequent doses which I find prevents getting rebound colly wobbles. If all I had access to were triazolo's or other intermediate acting drugs I would end up dosing daily and on multiple occasions. I find I can use the other drugs once or twice a week max and keep a lid on my ridiculous neurosis.

Noo, not lorazepam. Loprazolam. Not to be confused. Lorazepam isn't a triazolo, and by my estimation its one of the blandest, emptiest excuses for a benzo there is, aside from diaz, chlordiazepoxide and oxazepam. Oh and temazepam.

Half life of loprazolam is about 19 hours, so I'd class it as intermediate-bordering on longish, comes in 1 and 2mg pills, and as I remember them, with quite a kick to them. Aside from nitrazepam, if I was going to be scripted a benzo (although since I've had loprazolam, I'd ask for one of the few scriptable benzos I've not tried, flurazepam) and couldn't get moggies, and couldn't get chlormethiazole as an alternative, then loprazolam is the one I'd go for. Quite nice, for a benzo.

Agreed with Limpet and Stee, moggies will keep you monged all night long (and the day after) and clonitrazolam was also good for getting the KO effect.Also agreed with FUBAR and Consumer, pretty straightforward question to answer in BDD, not really a UK specific thing.

Noo, not lorazepam. Loprazolam.

Yes. I did read your post mate. I was just referring to Lorazepam in the context of it being a classic intermediate acting benzodiazepine compared to an intermediate triazolo such as alprazolam as I have tried both. I know you were referring to Loprazolam, which I have heard of but have never taken. I assume it's a triazolo due to the 'lam' suffix.

Us mere mortals have to make do with boring old diazepam, lorazepam and clonazpam as we do not have Harry Potter level wizardry when it comes to potion making or conjuring up the most exotic benzodiazepines and sedatives known to modern science.

Hi, I don't know of many people prescribed this drug since maybe the 80's. (moving to EADD)

For some reason, some dentists have latched on to it for non-IV sedation, which makes sense I suppose, but think Valium would be just as good in someone without tolerance at all. I always have had one senior (almost always little old ladies) on it but as you stated, T., they probably been on it for 40 years.

I guess with all the above, plus possible psychosis, which seems overplayed but sure is just lovely if it actually occurs, it fell out of favor. Too bad. Think it works great and only commercial benzo here in America that actually is good recreationally in my opinion. Ive never had midazolam, which may be the only other one worth a damn.

Oh, dont go too hard on Kief. He does a good job. Just jumped the gun a bit here.

Midazolam left me with two kittens running all over my face whilst I laid there oblivious and unconscious.

Goddamn I love kittens.

My most full on Midazolam experience left me semi - conscious on the sofa for about 3 hours, aware of things but with no sense of time and it induced some sort of sleep type paralysis, although this did not distress me as much as an average episode. The other really weird effect from that occasion I remember were profound 'Alice in Wonderland' spatial awareness sensations ( micropsia, macropsia, pelopsia, and teleopsia).

Really fucked up - most benzos are 50% a much of a muchness but that stuff is serious heavy duty. It's the one I'm actually glad I don't and never again will have access to. I can see it's clinical superiority over traditional benzodiazepines for surgical sedation and the management of epilepsy-

-In my last job a resident I worked with, who for years had been prescribed the old diazepam rectal tubes which as well as being very undignified to administer, have of course a long duration of effect. Soon after I started working with him these were replaced by a midazolam buccal solution in pre filled oral syringes - easier to give, just as fast acting but with a sort duration of action so the patient doesn't have to spend the whole day sedated once they have recovered from their seizure. Of course, his epilepsy was generally well managed so after 12 months of not needing to use the rescue midazolam, it had to be replaced due to the approaching expiry date so like many unused psychoactive mediations I have ringfenced as no longer fit for purpose it would have been a shame for it to have been incinerated by the pharmacy so naturally it was diverted from destruction for personal research purposes. 'Buccolam' - 4 oral syringes pre filled with 10mg/2ml midazolam buccal solution X 2

Whow wee =D

I also managed to salvage another of his out of date items which was a personal novely - a nice half full bottle of clobazam (part of his daily epilepsy management script, along with sodium valaporate) - again, this was the only time I ever accessed this drug but was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was, although I was taking min. doses of about 30mg.

Feel free to judge, I know how naughty this sort of stuff was but it was all headed for the bin anyway and within the wider h/c industry, this kind of thing is just par for the course and is the thin end of the wedge when you consider prescription fraud including that by doctors, stealing medication intended for direct use by a patient or stealing a schedule 2 or 3 controlled drug (benzos are Class C under the MOD Act but are not subject to safe custody requirements making them easily accessible to hcp's - temazepam being the exception)

I used to get mine shipped in from Serbia back before the dark web days...they'd arrive in a DVD box, think they were 30mg Dormicum. I would plug or swallow, snorting was pretty rough.

Next thing I knew I'd be out like a light with a pissed off girlfriend sat next to me....

Fucking mad drug but it's more like a fucking general anaesthetic. Could not see this being practical for anxiety management, unless the tablets are considerably less waxing in effect. The buccal solution had like a 5 - 15 minute onset it was unreal. I remember first getting my hands on it and me of course being me, did a syringe into each side of my mouth figuring that it would tome perfectly with my 15 - 20 minte drive home. It nearly did but getting out of the car was reminiscent of that barbiturate scene or whatever they are in 'The Wolf Of Wall Street". Very nice, very clever .

Please be reassured that I no longer have access to a vehicle and will be soon going on a course of how not to be a prick who recklessly endangers life among other things, which unfortunately I did often over 20 years of drug driving. All those motorways on Saturday or Sunday morning, still feeling amazing and actually enjoying the drive with the tunes on, the night still in your head and your people all there ready to get there second wind once home. Am I evil for reminiscing about such moments, as I don't regret them, but in hindsight can absolutely recognise how arrogant and disgusting that sort of carry on is :\ :?

Talk about a thread derail I'll shut up now. Just stocked up on some plant 8( and am thinking loopy thoughts out loud with the music going.