Hair thinning on Melanotan 2?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Read a few case reports of this.

Seems to be uncommon, but some people report it.

And, the gal that does my hair commented on it last time I was in.

I used to bleach my hair 2 years ago and it wasn't thin then.

I'm 34 so, if it hasn't thinned by then, isn't it meant to like, not thin?

Possible to attribute this to MT2 use?

Currently in the process of finding the optimal lowest possible dose range.

Only thing I'm more sensitive about than my skin, is muh flowing locks.

Baldness happens no matter what to some. You have to see if it's just temporary shedding or actual androgenetic alopecia yourself.

Baldness happens no matter what to some. You have to see if it's just temporary shedding or actual androgenetic alopecia yourself.
Right at the age where it seems to become prominent too (late 20s-30s).
Ive personally noticed nothing with my hair but I've never had issues losing hair even with high doses of androgens

If you want to get technical with it you could try to wash your hair separately with a hair catch in the drain and then assess what was collected after washing and measure hair length and total volume of hair loss.

the κ statistic revealed, however, that the best concordance between clinical and numerical diagnosis (κ = 0.527) was obtained by setting the cutoff shedding value at 100 hairs or more. Of the 100 patients, 18 with 10% or more of hairs that were 3 cm or shorter and who shed fewer than 100 hairs were diagnosed as having AGA; 34 with fewer than 10% of hairs that were 3 cm or shorter and who shed at least 100 hairs were diagnosed as having CTE; 34 with 10% or more of hairs that were 3 cm or shorter and who shed at least 100 hairs were diagnosed as having AGA + CTE; and 14 with fewer than 10% of hairs that were 3 cm or shorter and who shed fewer than 100 hairs were diagnosed as having CTE in remission.

telogen effluvium is a fancy way to say temporary shedding

Essentially if you find little to no hairs in the drain then you should be good. If you find around 100 or more and "10% or greater" are 3cm or shorter then ye might be one of the unfortunate guys who just has to deal with the predisposition.

Obviously it's one study and the total pool wasn't that large... (studied 100 consecutive patients; 71 women and 29 men aged 14-78 years), but it's something interesting. I hardly have any hair in my drain and I clean it out every 2-3 months and I got some locks going right now due to covid screwing with barber shops.

Last edited:
Right at the age where it seems to become prominent too (late 20s-30s).
Ive personally noticed nothing with my hair but I've never had issues losing hair even with high doses of androgens

You're a freak though who can run tren without much sides too.

What shampoos and conditioners are you guys using? I have prescription nizoral 2% but it dries out my hair.. any recommendations of what shampoos/conditioners you guys use to keep your hair from falling out

What shampoos and conditioners are you guys using? I have prescription nizoral 2% but it dries out my hair.. any recommendations of what shampoos/conditioners you guys use to keep your hair from falling out

I had to use a 2% ketoconazole shampoo when I was a teenager for years to deal with seborrheic dermatitis and wondered if it had any impact on the overall progression of hair loss that you would typically experience as you get older. I haven't lost any hair even on cycles, but I'm pretty mild with my dosages and compound choices. I'm still in my late 20s though so I have no clue if I'm going to get hit hard in my 30s.

I'm using some anti dandruff shampoo a couple times a week. That's about it. Nothing fancy.

A guy in his 60s was telling me just go with Head and Shoulders. He's been using it all his life and his hair is long and probably the healthiest mane I've seen on a dude. This dude had healthier hair than most women and the fact that he was open about his AAS use and still manages to keep his head of hair. Granted I know a big part of it is genetics but still.. I'll take his word for it! Zinc is good for you after all!!!

It's a common side effect of melatonan 2-hairloss. Look at google it is also full of substances to take to make your hair grow more again.

JJ