• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Had an overdose, had to go to hospital. Any advice for a newbie who fucked up?

tackthecack

Greenlighter
Hey guys, first post. Regular weed smoker, done acid a few times, shrooms twice....
However on tuesday i took mdma for the first time. I had about 8 beers and a mate who does it a lot asked if i wanted some. Of course i jumped at the oppurtunity. Ended up taking about .6 all at once. From reading around i now know this was fucking stupid....(its a bit more complicated than this...a few years ago i did about .3 of something which i was told was mdma and felt very mild effects, hence the lack of caution this time around)

Long story short got the most fucked up i've ever been and my mates shoved me in an ambulance. I was alright but they did a blood test and i did get toxic muscle breakdown with a myoglobin level of something like 495......pretty shit but he let me go so i guess i'm okay considering

So yeah obviously the doctor said don't do it again, but is this just what the doctor should say...like can you get sensitized to mdma? would you say i am particularly susceptible to it? Or will i be okay as long as i'm sensible next time?

So I guess i'm the kind of idiot who gives mdma a bad name...but any general advice for next time i want to do it (cos it was fucking amazing before i blacked out).....if i do do it again i was thinking maybe more like .1 (which after doing more research seems to be a more reasonable dose)
Thanks

600mg would have put just about anyone on their arse man. I've taken 400mg at once by accident and this is what happened:
Yeah I had that too on one occasion. That's when you really know you went too far. I took a whole pill and forgot I took it (what the fuck, I know). At the point I took the first whole one I was already rolling on half of one. And so about 20 minutes after that whole one I dropped a whole one again thinking I didn't take one 20 minutes before that. My mate, seeing this, screamed as I put my hand up to my mouth "are you crazy, you just took one?!" but it was already on it's way down. They both hit me like a ton of bricks both at the same time about 30 minutes after that, I went from completely fine to completely fucked in 5 minutes. 10 minutes after that I was not making sense anymore. They were really strong pills, around the 200mg mark so that night I took about 100mg first and then an hour after that by mistake dropped about 400mg at once (when I read these numbers, I punch myself in the head again for being so stupid).

I was dancing on the dancefloor. Next thing I know, without knowing how I got there, I'm sitting on a chair in the toilet with strangers around me asking "are you alright?" and pouring water over my head to cool me down. Apparently I just ran off at some point and my mates couldn't keep up and lost me. Next thing I know I'm cooling off outside with that same group of strangers, again not knowing how I got there, I just blacked out and jumped from the chair in the toilet straight into the middle of a conversation I was having with someone. And I must've made sense in the time I blacked out because she was talking back, we were talking about the meaning of life, not even the easiest of topics. Next thing I know I'm dancing with mates again and didn't see the group of strangers anywhere anymore. And I had already explained to my mates where I had been the past hour or so but I don't remember I explained, did that while I was blacking out too. It's a really freaky feeling. You don't worry about it at that time but it really got me thinking afterwards about how irresponsible that was. Since then I always consciously look at my clock when I take a pill and think to myself "it's now <the time>, you have just taken a whole pill, remember this". Just so I don't make that mistake again. These blackouts where indeed also accompanied by short periods where I didn't even know who I was anymore or didn't recognize my mates. To me it felt like I was asleep and all of the sudden woke up in the middle of the dancefloor surrounded by strangers (who were actually my mates) not knowing how I got there or what the fuck I was doing there...

Be more careful next time (I know I am now =D). You're lucky that MDMA is a drug which it's very hard to really die from but that doesn't mean that's healthy. As RayMunson said wait at least 3 months and then do a normal dose (120mg-150mg)

One piece of advice you will find consistent across all types of drug aftermaths on these websites:

Improve your diet if you dont eat too healthy, and introduce some exercise into your routine in the morning to get those endorphins flowing. A short quick jog around the block, or even jog in place for 10 or 15 minutes if its raining, seems to be a natural jumpstart for the mind and body, though I prefer swimming for some reason.

I ate 7 or 8 pills worth of Purple Buddha powder from the bottom of a "boat" of pills the other day after 12+ drinks or so, blacked out from the booze and only remember the first hour of my grand ecstasy trip. But I am also on day 2 of recovery after 2 bouts of alcohol poisoning in a week (looong story) and Im now kicking booze, so I cannot tell if my unpleasant mental effects the past few days are from a too-big ecstasy dose or if its just malaise from booze cessation... Ive been waking up feeling hungover though I havent even got drunk for 2 nights now.

I think a good lesson we can take from this thread together: go easy on these substances especially mixing em with booze, I feel like so fucking shit right now... x.x

Wait 3 months, do 150mg, win.

There it is!

If anyone is telling you to take more than 150mg of untested powder being sold as MDMA, instead, DON'T DO THAT. Anyone tells me that, immediately assume its anything but MDMA and get that gear tested before consuming. I personally don't bother with this shit because already I've gotten myself into a fictional situation gull of bullshit!

I'm not trying to sound like a witch doctor but fucked chemicals can't fuck with you if they're in your pocket and not up your nose until you know what it really is. :)

Try not to consume Alcohol with MDMA next time, alcohol + MDMA doesnt mix very well ime/o and is more toxic than either drug by its self. I would also test the stuff prior to consuming just to be on the safe side. I wish you a better experience than your last next time, good luck.

Take less, that's all you need to do. 600mg your first time... :\

i don't know why people does mdma on alcohol, i guess if you are are a regular beer drink then okay but mixing alcohol with mdma can cause dehydration.

^yeh it can but so can exercise. a few drinks on mdma is no big issue.

why on earth did your 'mate' give you so much? hope you feel better soonest.

i don't know why people does mdma on alcohol, i guess if you are are a regular beer drink then okay but mixing alcohol with mdma can cause dehydration.

It's also pointless cause the beer ruins the roll if you get trashed.