• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Had a question about Drug Tests, specifically opiate related. Help appreciated.

contracelsum

Greenlighter
I used to come to these boards back in the day, and couldn’t think of a place full of more knowledgeable people to ask this.
Does anyone know the minimum amount a urine drug test requires to show positive for opiates? Like in milligram amount?

My wife recently went to a prenatal appointment, (she’s fairly early on) and She found out they urine drug tested her without her knowledge while checking her online mychart. Now my wife does not do drugs of any kind, but the weekend before her appointment she still had a now days long migraine that nothing would relieve. She was about to go to the ER as she was unable to even keep water down from the pain and nausea, so to try to relieve it I gave her one of my oxy 5’s on Saturday night, then Sunday night she took half of one. So a total of one and a half oxy 5’s in about 48 hours is all, with only half a one the night before her appt.

Is this enough to trigger a positive? She is freaking out because she doesn’t want to tell them she took meds not prescribed to her. So we are kind of at a loss as to what to do and how big of a deal this is. Any help or advice appreciated.

Last edited:
She shouldn’t be taking oxys when pregnant. It will indeed show up in urine I’d imagine but no one can tell you for sure because we all metabolise drugs differently.

Id advise her to be honest as to why she took it.

Just to say if she has migraines then she should be getting proper treatment from drs with appropriate meds especially now she’s pregnant.

She shouldn’t be taking oxys when pregnant. It will indeed show up in urine I’d imagine but no one can tell you for sure because we all metabolise drugs differently.

Id advise her to be honest as to why she took it.

Just to say if she has migraines then she should be getting proper treatment from drs with appropriate meds especially now she’s pregnant.

Yes, they gave her a prescription at her appointment for them, and she had called the office on a Friday letting them know she had a severe one, and their advice to try Tylenol tension headache did nothing unfortunately.

Yes, they gave her a prescription at her appointment for them, and she had called the office on a Friday letting them know she had a severe one, and their advice to try Tylenol tension headache did nothing unfortunately.
She should have went to the ER then. She’s going to have to account for the oxy showing up. Oxy should not be taken when pregnant.

She should have went to the ER then. She’s going to have to account for the oxy showing up. Oxy should not be taken when pregnant.
Her last pregnancy they prescribed her Percocet for severe sciatic pain, so we assumed it would be safe in such a small amount. No matter however as it was a one time emergency thing that I really hope there aren’t going to be consequences from.

Urine drug tests have cut-off values in the ng/ml range. It's safe to say that any amount of drug that is actually psychologically active is enough to be well above the cut-off value for standard drug tests. There is no precise math that figures out how many mg of a substance consumed are going to result in X ng/ml drug metabolites in urine. When taking drugs, regardless of quantity, you should always assume that you're going to test positive for the standard detection window for whatever particular drug you're using.

Does anyone know the minimum amount a urine drug test requires to show positive for opiates? Like in milligram amount?

It's incredibly difficult to calculate a specific milligram as a whole complex array of variables will affect the absolute amount needed to surpass the cut-off level. With that being said, the cut-off levels are typically incredibly low, so it would be futile to know exactly, as you could take less than what you could even feel and still test positive.

I failed a test 6 days after taking 1 5mg percocet. The test are very sensitive