• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

HA-966

plumbus-nine

Bluelighter
HA-966 or (±) 3-Amino-1-hydroxy-pyrrolidin-2-one is a molecule used in scientific research as a glycine receptor and NMDA receptor antagonist / low efficacy partial agonist. It has neuroprotective and anticonvulsant,[1] anxiolytic,[2] antinociceptive[3] and sedative / hypnotic[4] effects in animal models. Pilot human clinical trials in the early 1960s showed that HA-966 appeared to benefit patients with tremors of extrapyramidal origin.[4]

The two enantiomers of HA-966 have differing pharmacological activity. The glycine/N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor antagonist activity is specific to the R-(+) enantiomer, whereas the sedative and ataxic effects are specific to the S-(-) enantiomer.[5]

R-(+)-HA-966 did not induce drug-appropriate responding in animals trained to discriminate phencyclidine (PCP) from saline, suggesting that the glycine receptor ligand R-(+)-HA-966 has a significantly different behavioral profile than drugs affecting the ion channel of the NMDA receptor complex.[6]

S-(−)-HA-966 has been described as a "γ-hydroxybutyric acid (GHB)-like agent"[7] and a "potent y-butyrolactone-like sedative",[5] but it shows no affinity for the GABAB receptor (GABABR).[7]

Any experiences? Sounds interesting even when the available product seems to be racemic.

Hmm very interesting. GHB-like? I should probably stay away. But I'd love to read some reports or any sort of information on this.

Yeah I have a post on it.

I've used it pretty extensively, good anxiolytic. Tolerance forms quickly and i seem to experience a rebound with any frequent use. Overall quite useful in doses of 30-50mg. Sublingual is the best ROA.

I got a gram of it, or maybe it was 500mg. It was fairly nice, I don't remember it being something to write home about though.

It has a unique fast acting antidepressant effect, but this sort of stops happening eventually. It is interesting stuff. It does become clearly dissociative at high doses (80mg or more), the dissociative effect is very similar to the dissociative effects of high dose ethanol, some parallels to nitrous oxide but not in a euphoric sense. It is an odd ball anxiolytic, in fact it is shaped like a ball of GABA (being a cyclic GABA analogue) yet isn't directly GABAergic.

I dispense it my girlfriend more than myself, usually when she has anxiety or PMS, she actually asks for it by name, at least sort of (she says "HA"). Works pretty well, taken sublingually it works within 15-20 minutes. I feel like i get some slight rebound anxiety perhaps from a next day glutamate surge so I try to avoid it.

I got scammed by the company (the only big source I found, in the USA), they delivered but scammed me on refund after customs returned the parcel - so be careful.

It has a unique fast acting antidepressant effect, but this sort of stops happening eventually. It is interesting stuff. It does become clearly dissociative at high doses (80mg or more), the dissociative effect is very similar to the dissociative effects of high dose ethanol, some parallels to nitrous oxide but not in a euphoric sense. It is an odd ball anxiolytic, in fact it is shaped like a ball of GABA (being a cyclic GABA analogue) yet isn't directly GABAergic.
Sounds interesting. Don't know, for me all the dissociatives have a rebound glutamate surge after one acquired tolerance specially but this can be countered by adding more GABA (a benzodiazepine, better Picamilon - a BBB-passable precursor to GABA).
Hopefully more, more honest sources will offer this in future. It seems to be a borderline nootropic/recreative thing, doesn't it?

Looks like junk.

But unless it occurs naturally (extracted from plants or whatever) then it requires a licence.

I liked the 'Sleeping Buddha' scam. They just put a pinch of a benzo into random herbs. They got away with it for 2+ years. If they had been smart enough to use a novel benzo, chances are they would have got away with it forever.

I still like clomethiazole. Methiazol can be obtained VERY easily from OTC materials. All one needs is SOCl2 or PBr5. I KNOW a lot of eBay chemical sellers will sell small amounts of, well, almost anything.