• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

H withdrawal help

helpmeplz1

Greenlighter
hello

i have been doing a few bumps of high quality heroin a day for about 2 months, i was wondering what to expect from withdrawals? a few days of a hell or a few weeks? should i look into getting some suboxone strips? or just cold turkey? i have percocet prescribed, should i slowly withdraw using those?
any help is appreciated

thank you

Never been physically addicted to opiates or done heroin but from what I've read it should be rough for about 4-5 days. How long have you been prescribed percocets and what for? I would stay away from subs and use OTC meds to help such a loperamide. Also if u can get ahold of some benzos (Xanax, klonopin, Ativan etc.) they should help you sleep. Gabapentin or lyrica are also great for the RLS withdrawals can cause from what I've read.

Go cold turkey using perc as prescribed so your tolerance will return to being as low as possible as soon as possible. Subs will only make things more complicated and are really overrated.

Not sure how many times youve withdrawalled from opiates before but each time gets harder and more serious. If its ur first time detoxing, expect the worst to be over in under 3-5 days. Everyones different tho. Ive been clean from heroin for 2 months and had a 5-7 year addiction to any and all opiates, but just about 5 or 6 days ago relapsed on HALF a VICODIN 5MG and the withdrawals were brutal, shittin myself, nausea, SEVERE depression, didnt eat for 2 days, RLS, shitty sleep, lethargy, just started eating and feeling ALOT better today, even tho i about puked up my jalapeno fresco from wendys cause it was te best thing id ever tasted in the past week and ate wayyy to fast lol. I wouldnt fully expect those for you but like i said it can vary. But dont expect it to be too hard, youll get through it. Dont use subs, itll dig you deeper, you can use the oxy but they will make withdrawal last longer, ive always quit cold turkey, its the hardest but quickest way. Quit while your ahead, im serious man.

Last edited:
suboxone would be helpful, a small supply of benzos might also come in handy. there are tons of threads on this if you use the search function. good luck friend!

Lol, grab 20 klonopins and you won't even notice.

I would recommend attempting to get a Clonidine script with the possible addition of Librium, should make things nice and easy breezy. Would certainly stay away from Suboxone, like tacodude said it will just make things more complicated and drawn out.

Last edited:
I would recommend attempting to get a Clonidine script with the possible addition of Librium, should make things nice and easy breezy. Would certainly stay away from Suboxone, like tacodude said it will just make things more complicated and drawn out.

This, all the way. I guarantee that this combination (and maybe the addition of gabapentin) will mask the more severe withdrawals of what sounds like a relatively light habit. Using Suboxone at this point would likely be overkill, and would be something to consider if you really find yourself unable to abstain from heroin or other opiates. I made the mistake the first year into my use, before I became an IV addict and also before I had even ever suffered any 'real' WD's to get on suboxone at the coaxing of the outpatient program I was at. It was a huge mistake. Sure at first I was happy as hell as the subs got me incredibly fucked up the first few days, but after a few months of taking 16mg a day, and then having to discontinue that when I was put into an inpatient program, I paid the price dearly and got to taste a flavor of what real withdrawals are like.

Edit/I'm going to move this over to BDD as well.

thank everyone so much for the replies, going to do some research into the responses.

If your prescribed to percocets you will be just fine , that's oxycodone also a very powerful opiate. What mg and how many per day do you take ? When I come off of a 300mg per day oxy habit (snorting ) I use 8 10/325 percs per day spaced out 4 hours apart and it sucks for a few days but nothing even close to w/d without the perks . Get a little bit of runny nose and stomach may be a little upset but if your prescribed and have a constant supply to perks it will just take your body a few days to adjust to just the perks. Like I said Percocet is oxycodone which is a powerful opiate so you won't feel bad at all as long as you space them out correctly and do
Not run out of them , then you will be hurting.

At that level of dosage and duration you are in for little more than a few days of a bad flu. Pull a sickie from work, take a few benzos and some booze (in safe proportions of course, you hopefully know your body with regards to this), take a bit of Benadryl and maybe some DXM, some loperamide, pepto-bismol, motrin, just comfort meds, you can make it through, Being legitimately prescribed opiates you'll be more than OK; doing something like suboxone or methadone is more likely to complicate things down the road, you kind of just have to bite the bullet and have an unpleasant few days and you'll be out of the worst physical part. The psychological part is a different matter, and a lot fiercer, but that's something you'll have to look at down the road.

Lol, grab 20 klonopins and you won't even notice.

Turn urself into a zombie, youll sleep through the whole thing lol. I dont even use benzos often so my tolerance is low, a mg of zans with have me going to sleep. 2 mg I cant stay up if I wanted to, within 45 minutes OUT COLD. lol waking up from benzo sleep feels like walking up from the dead. The quality of sleep isnt as good as normal slepe but man u will sleep lol.

Yeah I would stay away from the subs, since especially you have a percocet prescription, things will get complicated indeed. Especially having to worry about precipitated withdrawal. If you intend to use your percocet to help you wean down, just take them as prescribed. Usually 5mg 4x/day. Then maybe add in a benzo for sleep, and perhaps gabapentin for the RLS. You should get thru it easy. But like mentioned before, after the percs run out, there will prolly be some lingering WD cuz your body is still in fact dependent on an opiate. If you did like suggested and weaned down on your prescribed dose, the WD shouldn't be so terrible. Just read around on here about various OTC methods at that point. Shouldn't be too rough.

Have you withdrawn yet? I'm curious. I start my H withdrawal tomorrow. I'm armed with tons of loperamide, clonipin, dxm and Kratom. I'm curious to know if you made the jump and how it went.

I would recommand to try to quit cold turkey , with afew pills to help with anxiety and physical withdrawal symptoms , better than getting hooked for good to any other opiates , especialy if you were not an opiates user before that !
If you get hooked to oxy , percocet or any other things including methadone or buprenorphine, you might spend years being addicted to opiates , so if you can avoid it , i think you would be happy to have done that even if it might be hard for a fewdays !
Heroin withdrawal lasts for 5 to 7 days and even if it's hard , it's better than to behooked on opiates for years cause once you start getting addicted , you get into a routine !
I have been hooked on opiates for years and even if it's manageable , i won't lie saying that not beeing hooked is a better way of life on many aspects !
Unless you don't think yoy can stop opiates , then trying to quit with just a few pills to help during withdrawal , might save you many years getting stuckef on powerful opiates !

If you have not stopped yet and that you fear about stopping at once , if you want to make the withdrawal less intense, try reducing your doses of dope for a week or two , just taking what you need to do not be in withdrawal but not enough to feel its effect .
That said , it is not easy to do and many people aren't able to reduce their doses this way .
You can lower the doses like every 3 days but if you were only taking something like 200mg a day or even less , this is really manageable .
From 200mg , reduce to 150 , then 3 to 5 days after , get down to 100mg and then reduce by 25mg every 3 days or so .
Once you are only taking 25mg , you can stop using other medics to help with withdrawal .

Last edited: