• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom H to Kratom

They all contain similar levels of mitragynine/7-OH.

The best choice would probably be red Bali or another relaxing strain like red Thai, as the other more stimulating strains may result in unwanted stimulation in withdrawal.

Wgat is the best kratom for withdrawal from H
Red Borneo with or without a bit of Green Malay. My favorit's.

If you react to it like me you'll love it. I place Kratom in high regard. Better then some 5 mg Oxycodone tablets or o-DSMT. Just don't dose to high the first try as its very nauseating in comparison.

But Kratom ime is a really special Opiod/ herb. Lets put it like this; its an allrounder. Anti-depressant, painkiller and stimulating to a certain degree. Used to love it. The transition might feel a little hard but in the end your better of on Kratom.

An extract…. Leaf is useless ime
I think I need to try this..I have always used capsules or toss n wash and lately I just don't get the desired effect besides getting rid of some feverish chills.

On another note by the next day kratom destroys my stomach terribly but I usually take 8 or 10 capsules on the 1st go. I think I need to try this extract to see if it works better..I mean is it really that much stronger? What would one little bottle of extract be like 5 -10 grams worth of Kratom?

I kinda agree with this, I never used kratom for H but when I started playing with pod tea I had to figure out how addictive it was so after 2 weeks of dosing 3x a week I ran out of the lb of pods I had and tried kratom powder which usually holds me after I shoot my month of oxys in a week but when I combined it with a couple weeks of pod tea (3x a week the powder kratom needed to be redosed every few hrs so I went out and found the black extract locally and it held me for 8 hrs ,so I’d say if you have a full blown H habit you’ll find much more relief with extract over powder ,I never used kratom more than 5-6 days in a row because of fear of getting a kratom habit ,I would try extract for the first 3-4 days then switch to powder and see if it’ll holds you ( don’t get hooked on extract), I like Red Bali powder I tried the green powder once and tossed it because it was to speedy for me which is not what you want while in withdrawals, black is a good extract for withdrawals..

I used green maeng da to jump from.H, fent, oxy etc years ago but waited til I was in the worst shape of WD and it worked a charm. Got me off the couch and outside in blistering heat mowing the lawn with pleasure. Stayed on it for years it was so enjoyable.
YMMV

I kinda agree with this, I never used kratom for H but when I started playing with pod tea I had to figure out how addictive it was so after 2 weeks of dosing 3x a week I ran out of the lb of pods I had and tried kratom powder which usually holds me after I shoot my month of oxys in a week but when I combined it with a couple weeks of pod tea (3x a week the powder kratom needed to be redosed every few hrs so I went out and found the black extract locally and it held me for 8 hrs ,so I’d say if you have a full blown H habit you’ll find much more relief with extract over powder ,I never used kratom more than 5-6 days in a row because of fear of getting a kratom habit ,I would try extract for the first 3-4 days then switch to powder and see if it’ll holds you ( don’t get hooked on extract), I like Red Bali powder I tried the green powder once and tossed it because it was to speedy for me which is not what you want while in withdrawals, black is a good extract for withdrawals..
Yea for the first couple days leaf did nothing for me, the extracts were the only thing to manage the WD, and it didn’t take wd away completely, just made it bearable

We don't have an accurate way of even discussing Kratom. It's still just a plant. We have only very, very recently in the most-developed parts of the world begun to identify drugs in a globalized and accurate way that gives us scientific levels of confidence in our discussion. To discuss "what Kratom is best for what" is a fool's errand and I kind of want to close it as I feel at-best, misinformation is going to be spread.

"No man has to be micronized otherwise it's shit"

"Man the green-lead really worked great for my restless legs"

"Stick to the red-leaf man, but make sure you get the whole leaf and prepare it yourself"

"It only works if..."

These are all valid, human experiences, but they're not at a level to be used in what is already a profound guessing game, helping those through withdrawal.

Last edited:
For the first time in a few years, I'm on a day off of kratom. I do feel withdrawals, i.e. tiredness, lethargic and my smell is very heightened. Gabapentin definitely helps but I still feel out of it. But its mild compared to real opiates. How long does this last?

Never had a strong opioid habit dependence myself, but I know a friend of mine who had a decent oxy habit had to use an ounce of plain leaf kratom to get any noticeable relief from withdrawal. So unless you taper first or get an extract it may not be very economical to try and use kratom for heroin withdrawal. Even more so if fentanyl is involved.

Never had a strong opioid habit dependence myself, but I know a friend of mine who had a decent oxy habit had to use an ounce of plain leaf kratom to get any noticeable relief from withdrawal. So unless you taper first or get an extract it may not be very economical to try and use kratom for heroin withdrawal. Even more so if fentanyl is involved.
Well I think for fentanyl style withdrawal kratom is too weak. First time I ran out of morphine tramadol was all I got and it did next to nothing but after a few days eventually it would take the worst and I could sleep. Maybe supplement with pregabalin on top if you can get that.

Yet with extracts you ruin the whole good thing about Kratom which is that it regulates your use in a natural way.

I found that with extracts I could get high and high everyday as Long as I up the dose.

WIth leaf you can't do that- the stuff naturally "regulates" your use Lol so you end up doing less if you want to keep getting you high.

Yet with extracts you ruin the whole good thing about Kratom which is that it regulates your use in a natural way.
I found even extracts to be self-limiting, I had what was sold as 20x extract and while the first dose got me surprisingly high, what followed felt like the same sort of plateau I get with powdered leaves, a limit of highness where more would just induce more side effects. Just said black tar like extract which had me nodding very hard was the only exception. I think the price for extracts is mostly not worth it.

This thread isn’t about getting high, it’s about comming off H and any serious habit leaf won’t do much if anything, your gonna need an extract or be willing to throw back an oz+ of powder , yea I’ll take the extract

Anyone with a somewhat serious habit will need an extract, someone with a small habit trying to tell someone with a large H habit how to manage WD will be a fail everytime :/

This thread isn’t about getting high, it’s about comming off H and any serious habit leaf won’t do much if anything, your gonna need an extract or be willing to throw back an oz+ of powder , yea I’ll take the extract
Granted, chugging down all the powder isn't the prettiest task to do but I remember somebody here on BL who had a 100g/day habit of kratom leaves.

Extracts might be the first step in switching from H to kratom, but I'm not sure if they can aid you more or just limit the amount of powder one has to swallow. Also usually they're more expensive.

My recommendation would be to utilize the whole arsenal of options instead of relying on just kratom when leaves are too weak to cut it. Use pregabalin/gabapentinoids, ultra-low dose naltrexone, supplements like black seed oil (two options I havent tried yet but I keep reading good stuff about them) to reduce withdrawal intensity and/or NMDA receptor antagonists aka dissociatives like memantine (the best because most clean one) and last but not least loperamide against the diarrhea.

I was on 600mg morphine per day, tapered down to 120mg with pregabalin and memantine, then megadosed the memantine and could kick it without any mayor suffering.