• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Gwyneth Paltrow's Kids Are iPad Addicts

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
The Fix said:
Even the most famous kids in the world are not immune to the global grip of technology addiction. Iron Man star and hangover guru Gwyneth Paltrow says her kids are "addicted" to their iPads. “They’re luckier in that we’re all consciously moving towards more awareness and acceptance but we’re also moving towards a very isolated environment," says Paltrow, "my kids are on their fucking iPads all the time.”

Eight-year-old Apple and six-year-old Moses apparently spend so much time on their Apple tablets, Paltrow worries their imaginations and creative development are at stake. “It’s difficult, because it’s a very isolating thing and it also puts forward so much information. So it’s not like a book when you’re filling in the pictures with your mind, it’s very presentational," she says. "We need imagination in our lives as room to grow. I don’t think it’s great for development.”

But the 40-year-old actress herself is not resistant to the pull of internet technology, and once admitted that playing Plants vs. Zombies on her iPad is an "obsession that I have to limit like crazy!" Luckily for Paltrow, her kids helps her examine her own habits. "[My kids] teach me so much about myself and what I still have to learn," she says, "and then you see your faults in them and you think, ‘Wow, I’ve got work to do on myself.'"
http://www.thefix.com/content/gwyneth-paltrows-kids-addicted-ipads91407

Another one of those "sooo stupid" articles one is driven to share...

She named her kid Apple. What did she think would happen? Mine are hooked on minecraft, hey better than being interested in opposite sex

its a vicious cycle you keep having to get bigger and bigger memory and then your tolerance gets to a point where you have to switch to even larger screen sizes. And then you wake up one day broke from buying thousands of apps and your half blind from staring at a screen in the dark all the time. Its so terrible i feel for them8(

I think evidence is coming out that video games aren't great for imaginative intelligence but they do help professions which need hand-eye coordination.