• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

guys what foods help you recover the most dopamine from doing meth?

Hugs For Drugs

Bluelighter
besides going to vitamin world and buying that "high dopa" pills ive heard about on the internet, what are some foods i can start eating right now that will increase my dopamine

say i took a 5 day break for my dopamine to recover 90% and would like to raise it as much as i could

anyone have any good tips or hacks maybe?

please let me know

besides going to vitamin world and buying that "high dopa" pills ive heard about on the internet, what are some foods i can start eating right now that will increase my dopamine

say i took a 5 day break for my dopamine to recover 90% and would like to raise it as much as i could

anyone have any good tips or hacks maybe?

please let me know
chocolates, kinder bueno

I found the dopamine diet.

What is the dopamine diet?
  • Dairy foods such as milk, cheese and yogurt.
  • Unprocessed meats such as beef, chicken and turkey.
  • Omega-3 rich fish such as salmon and mackerel.
  • Eggs.
  • Fruit and vegetables, in particular bananas.
  • Nuts such as almonds and walnuts.
  • Dark chocolate.

Just to add, sugary foods have helped immensely while rebounding from a run. Logic dictates meth depleting your blood sugar given that it's a salt and it's being ingested in pretty large amounts and in ways that table salt never would be.
As far as replenishing dopamine in any significant way though , i have no idea.

^What Pinkbeam said. Eggs, turkey and beef have a nearly instantaneous effect on endogenous dopamine levels IME ie eating these while under the influence of amphetamine causes an immediate bump in subjective effects like euphoria, vigilance etc.

The supplement l-Tyrosine is a precursor to l-DOPA, the direct precursor to dopamine also has a marked effect, and is inexpensive and available at any GNC or vitamin retailer.

I think the bigger problem is receptor disregulation (down or upregulation depending on the receptor), not convinced that eating foods rich in tyrosine/phenylalanine/tryptophan or taking supplements helps with that.
It's actually a more complex problem than just being low on dopamine, doesn't really work like that as far as I know.

I think the best thing you can do is eat a balanced diet with nutrient-rich food, getting an adequate amount of sleep and exercising.
And more importantly: keep your doses low, avoid dihydration and avoid staying awake for multiple nights in a row.

There are a few useful "supplements" you could take before, during and/or after meth use which could reduce or even prevent some toxic effects.
For instance I know cannabinoids decrease neurotoxicity (at least in rats IIRC lol) and also things like magnesium. Omega 3 fatty acids are also pretty good for multiple things.

Last edited:
Phenylalanine is a good supplement as it turns into dopamine in your system

I think nuts are good, maybe not peanuts as much as pine nuts or cashews, almonds. Anything high in zinc, magnesium and calcium as well; green vegetables, lettuce etc

Would all of the answers above be applicable to chronic dopamine depletion, as is the case with long term opiate use, as opposed to the acute dopamine decrease seen in methamphetamine users?
I’d really like to raise my dopamine, if at all possible, without having to discontinue the use of opiates, which I am prescribed for chronic pain. I’m well aware that this may not be possible. I’m currently taking an SSRI, and I’d like to enjoy life to the degree I did 10+ years ago. Any suggestions you can offer are greatly appreciated.

@BellaJewel I wouldn't be qualified to answer that but my mom is a homeopath and I get supplements from her. Feel free to message me and I can ask her

give me pussy/jk stop taking meth is the only easy way
or take a urinary alkanizer (otherwise named Ural) half an hour in your drink before you dose and you'll notice an increase in the high