• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Gun, drug texts feature in new Trayvon Martin shooting evidence

The thing is you dont just run around open carrying a gun and aggresivly approach strangers. Its very dangerous to open carry. I mean dude had a visibile gun and no police badge. It would be different if he was a cop. He was a volunteer. You dont need a gun to be on the neighborhood watch. The neighborhood watch is supposed to watch and report. The second word in neighborhood watch is watch. Its not neighborhood viginlante club. The man chased a kid around with a gun in plain sight on his hip. Thats the definition of open carry. It can come across as agressive if you choose to carry a gun visibly. If he was worried for his safety he should have concealed his gun. Its safer. He had a ccw permit so it was legal. Open carry is legal and CCW requires a permit. When you open carry a gun their is the risk it will scare the shit out of people and there is a statute about "open carrying to terrorize the public". That means you cannot go around open carrying starting shit. The reason behind this is so shit like this does not happen.

The NRA also doesnt even support him anymore. The NRA gets their panties in a bunch about the right to defend yourself and they are not using him as a poster boy. When that guy in NY killed 3 gang members on a subway he was a national hero and people wanted to give him a medal. He was a man who stood his ground. These guys tryed to rob and hurt him, so he shot them. Thats what carrying a gun is about. Its about saving your life when someone tries to hurt you. A gun should never be used to push people around and thats what Zimmerman did. He probly bit of more than he could chew and reacted poorly.

But lets not forget about those kind folks that gave him money which he spent on bullproof vests (which are illegal for him to posess). I dunno maybe he planned to flee the country. He acted guilty. His injuries where not really that sever. I have personally been beaten much worse and didnt even pull out a knife. I just got back up and kept fighting. Zimmerman was a coward and a bully.

Its not really cool to start a fist fight and pull out a gun when you lose. Its not very sporting.

(SARCASM)
I mean I feel soooooo sorry GZ had to see a F******* C*** in his middle class neighborhood. That gave him a right to approach the kid and start shit. Its not like when his alpha male delusions faded and he got knocked upside his head he flipped out a killed a child. I mean TM was a certified G. He owned a copy of the chronic by doctor dre and had fake gold teeth in a picture. He also smoked weed. Thats a gateway drug for fucks sake. I mean weed is the reason we have heroin addicts. He sure got what was coming to him. Its not like he was a kid walking home from the store. Naw he was on some gangster shit, just look at his attire. Its not like people should held be acountable if they should repeateldy shoot someone in the chest during a completly avoidable conflict. I mean he did volunteer for the neighboorhood watch. I mean its all about keeping c***s out of their own neighborhood. Im sure it wouldnt be any different portrayed if it was a white kid and GZ. Suspicion alone is a great reason to aproach a kid with a gun in his own neighborhood. Who would possibly get mad and scared about someone chasing them with a gun and why would they punch that person in the face. Only a certified G. Its the victims fault for sure. I mean if he has a dumbass pic on facebook he must be hardcore with this stuff and thats a reason for his elimination in its own.(SARCASM)

I do feel sorry GZ made an awful mistake and took a life. No one wins when someone dies and another man is in prison. Its a tragedy. But GZ should own up to his mistake. At least he would be a man. If your going to prison be a man about it.

Last edited:
Of course Trayvon was trying to wrest the gun away! Zimmerman was trying to shoot him with it. That doesn't mean Zimmerman can legally shoot Trayvon. The relevant factors are whether Zimmerman was the initial aggressor, whether he attacked Martin or vice versa, and whether he was justified in pulling the gun in the first place. Maybe people know something I don't, but the evidence we have heard does not seem favorable to Zimmerman's case.

Stand your ground law. He'll walk, the state can't prove 2nd degree mrdr,

This case has shown me that I can legally shoot anyone I want to in Florida so long as I start a fight with them first. Or at the very least, start a fight with anyone I want to with the peace of mind that if I start losing the fight I can just legally shoot him in the face.

This case has shown me that I can legally shoot anyone I want to in Florida so long as I start a fight with them first. Or at the very least, start a fight with anyone I want to with the peace of mind that if I start losing the fight I can just legally shoot him in the face.

Yeah you go with that. You should leave bl you address so we can write to you in prison lol. Zimmerman wasn't arrested for 44 days. Not because the Sanford pd are all racist haters but because of one of the most dangerous laws on the books The stand your ground law allows people to check their common sense and civility at the front door. B/c of it Zimmerman was fully justified to escalate a fist fight into a fatal shooting. Whatever the outcome though the story is so sad.

Great law, so if you have a fist fight you're allowed to shoot someone dead?

Great law, so if you have a fist fight you're allowed to shoot someone dead?

Probably, but even if Zimmerman is acquitted he probably will never live a normal life again. In other words, it's probably better to retreat (if possible).

I've lived in Florida most of my life and never once have I been killed. It's not really so bad here.

He went after the young hoodlum after being told not to specifically. He engaged him and I cannot say I would not of done exactly what Trayvon did. He deserves at least man slaughter imo. The stand your ground law is a great law but it does not apply when you willfully engage in a vigilante type situation as zimmerman did. Thank god zimmerman is a mexican and not white otherwise this would be that much more of a circus.

the US is weird...for you guys not from here. You can't really lump us all together and just call us "Asshole Americans"....I completely understand why people do....but the majority of Americans never really visit all the different regions and states....

there's certain states that are almost like their own countries.....California, Texas and Florida are the first that come to mind for me. In a way Florida is "weirdest" state of them all....It has some natives that are like southerners, who are traditionally very conservative. It has a whole shitload of people who moved there from the Northeast, who are traditionally very liberal....and it has a whole ton of Cubans and other Central Americans in the Southern part of the state.....It's a very difficult place to get a "read on"....

There's a large criminal element there and there seems to be a large number of highly publicized cases that seem to come out of Florida, but unlike New York or California, the laws are extremely conservative and strict....and yet Florida has some of the most liberal gun laws...

just wanted to point out really quickly that Cuba is Caribbean, not Central American. Also, Zimmerman is half Peruvian, not Mexican.

Anyone who indicates that all Americans are one way or another should have their head checked and rights revoked. I'm not going to fight against the injustice of the us government if people don't at least recognize that there are good people in the us.

You're saying "same difference" just to mess with me. Mexicans and Peruvians are about as different as Indians and Cambodians.

I was just trying to convey south of the border. IDK about indians and cambodians more like apples and oranges.

So, is there any idea when we might hear some outcome regarding this case?

I don't think this one will much more than 2 months, there's just not that much evidence to be presented...It clearly wasn't premeditated. the jury either believes Zimmerman's responsible or he's not. Personally, I don't like Zimmerman and his family's attitude...They're just so indignant about the whole thing. Zimmerman's brother seems to think he's this big "patriotic martyr" type guy who's being persecuted for doing the right thing, as opposed to the overzealous little weasel he seems like to me! All the pictures of Zimmerman, it's like he's staring down the camera because he's so angry he's on trial for shooting this kid! Zimmerman has the charisma, likeability and personality of a fucking door-knob! He's definitely not the type to charm a jury!

There a lot of "what if's, and what not's" being said in this discussion. That is all we can say because we were not there to see exactly what happened. So allow me to say my "what if" about this mess. Let us presume that it all went down something like this: Tray was in an area frequently visited by people doing bad things, or quite possibly was seen coming out from around the corner of a house. Zimmerman, knowing the neighborhood, and the people that lived in that area knew that boy was not supposed to be where he was. Presumably, Zimmerman thought the boy had either just exited a house, or was trying to gain entry to the house. Either way, from Zimmerman's point of view, he needed to question Tray about his activities. Zimmerman more than likely was running up to Tray shouting for him to stop or what have you so he could determine what had happened or what was going to happen. It was at this point when the "fork" in the road appeared-- for both of them. We all know where the trip ended, but like they say, it's not the destination that matters but the journey along the way. Tray could have just stopped and answered his questions. That would have been the end of it all, but for some reason Tray decided that he would be better off if he were to leave the area running. Zimmerman probably thought that guy had been up to no good at that point in time. Zimmerman took chase, and eventually caught up to Tray. An argument between them began, and ended up with fisticuffs taking place. I do not know if Zimmerman began the argument with his gun drawn or holstered. If it were drawn, I am sure Tray would have seen it and would have more than likely stopped and talked with Zimmerman from the start instead of fighting with him. From what I have read, and by the looks of Zimmerman's face it seems to me that Tray was getting the better of Zimmerman in that fight. It is entirely possible Zimmerman had his gun on his hip during the fight, and Tray tried to get the gun or made Zimmerman believe he was going for the gun. If that was the case, then the fight changed from being one of fist on fist to being a fight for survival. Because I am sure if Tray had gotten the gun away from Zimmerman, that he would have used it much like the way Zimmerman did. Perhaps he would have only used Zimmerman's own gun against him to hold him at bay until authorities arrived, but in light of the recent news about the text messages and photos from Tray's phone, I am starting to think things would not have been so pleasant for Zimmerman if Tray had gotten the gun. There are a lot of different ways all of this could have happened, but unfortunately it ended with a young man dieing in a senseless manner.

Was Zimmerman allowed to carry a handgun, was he supposed to be armed, are other people armed that are doing what he does? A lot of unanswered questions like those are out there. Hopefully they will all get answered during the trial. Hopefully this case will bring about some better gun laws. I am not saying we need to take away guns or that we need to not let people carry guns. There is a right time, and a right place to carry or to use a gun. I think better education about guns from an early age, and the continuing of education about guns for people that use them in their line of work is a start.

There is a lot more that needs to be said about this incident, and about future incidents of this nature. In the end, it all boils down to people being smart enough to think things through beyond just this singular moment in time, and to look further down the road before they decide to pull the trigger of that gun in their hand.

PS. I do not envy those on the jury for this trial. I wish them all the best, and I hope they come to the right decision. Two wrongs don't make a right.