• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Guafininsen In Dxm?

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
I plan to take a first plat dose of DXM just out of curiosity...... done it before but what I have has guaf in it. No Apap obviously as that shit is fatal in high doses. However, if I were to ingest say 2000mg of guaf in tomorrow night's dose..... would I spew or get sick or no? While no one can give a definitive answer, for an average 175 lb guy would this be spew 100 times territory or most likely not? Have heard mixed stuff about low doses of guaf. Just having a 1st plat experience hopefully, just feeling like it and only did dxm, thought it was mildly cool and feel like trying it again as it's sitting in my medicine cabinet

Everyone is different, but anything over 2g guaifenesin is where nausea typically becomes apparent. I'd definitely recommend against taking it and just get a source of dxm without guaf, nothing is worse than being sick when you're tripping on a disassociative.

Just don't do dxm too often mate, it's a good way to lose some brain cells.

It varies greatly. I have had experiences where I've taken 10+ grams of guaifenesin and didn't experience any extra nausea (actually at high doses this stuff becomes kind of psychoactive, in a weird way, although I wouldn't say it adds anything enjoyable in terms of subjective effects). I've also had experiences where I've taken one or two grams of the stuff and experienced debilitating nausea.

Taking super high doses of guaifenesin can be dangerous though, causing kidney stones among other issues (high doses of it are really hard on the body, and as DXM is already really hard on the body high doses of the stuff become doubly problematic). Using DXM with a lot of guaifenesin is in no way safe or responsible. You'd probably be fine with dose of or under 2g, but even then it should be avoided. And some people are extra sensitive to the side effects guaifenesin can cause, so keep in mind it's a drug in its own right.

There is no good reason to take DXM with guaifenesin though. As the above use suggested, wait to take DXM until you can get a formulation with ONLY DXM as the active ingredient.

Guaf normally means a bad time to an extent so I wouldn't recommend it. If you want to try tussin I'd highly recommend finding some without it. <some pharmacy store> is the only place I've found tussin with no guaf under the <some pharmacy brand of DXM only product>. Actually bought some and tripped on it last week. Tastes absolutely horrible, but it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most places in major cities will sell DXM only products. We don't discuss specific sources though, even if the product is OTC. But any major pharmacy and many supermarket type stores carry DXM only products (major chain pharmacies are going to also often have both DXM only syrup and DXM only gel caps).