• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Growing psilocybe cubensis mushrooms... outdoors?

neem oil is not healthy to consume just so you know, diatomaceous earth(?) is for insects but I never really heard it applied to slugs.

I don't know about solutions as I never really struggled with these problems per se but the couple solutions for slugs in general include setting out a perimeter in copper strips, getting up at night to deal with the slugs manually, digging a moat (ok i just came up with that one i have no idea what slugs do and you may have to put electricity on the moat lol), if they are really a big problem next time you might need to make it physically impossible for them to enter your perimeter somehow...
You can find out more about this on gardening sites even if they focus on protecting plant crops not mushrooms.

Anyway I am not growing quite so outdoors lliike you are but I do grow some edibles outdoors and I plan on a balcony planter with Psilocybe Cyanescens. I also got Ps. Ovoideocystadiata and Subs.. Also some Gymnopilus.. No slugs on my balcony but that doesn't mean it is easy to grow all these.

Got a lot more up my sleeve and I expect to be coming into an incredible collection of old spores any day now.

welcome to the forum

Hey all,

I'm hoping other Bluelighters have experience with growing mushrooms! I have searched everywhere for this question and found nothing, so any help will be appreciated! My first mushroom grow is coming up, however, I decided that using the typical PF Tek was a tad bit expensive (I literally have no money at the moment, so buying anything beyond $5 is wasting the precious money I have) and it is not good for growing secretly. I was thinking of growing sclerotia since this is very cheap, easy and secretive, but I saw this article recently:

This seemed amazing, being secretive, cheap, and having heavy fruits without even needing to sterilize. I didn't think at all that it was too good to be true. I now realize that there's possibilities of weather, animals, etc. to disrupt growth and that yields of course won't be nearly as good as stated. However, it's too late for me to turn back, so I have a few questions.

First, is it possible to inoculate directly into the manure like this without too much risk of contamination? Or should substrate be colonized first?

Secondly, do you think cow manure could be substituted with rabbit poop instead? Although I can get cow manure, this would be more convenient.

Finally, are there any other secret (in vitro I believe is the word) growing techniques if this TEK fails? I'm hoping for even a couple shrooms just so I can take spore prints to continue with a better method!

Sorry for the long post, and thanks a lot!
I got so frustrated with my grow box that I took it outside with the intention of trashing it. An irrigation pipe coincidentally burst, washing out a big hole under the sod, and I needed something to fill it in, but had no suitable topsoil so i took handfuls of the mycelium and stuffed it in the hole. About a month later on Sunday morning on the way to church, I had a rather large Burma specimen standing proud in the same spot. I knew it was psilocybin because of how blue it was when sliced. I had a GREAT time at church.