• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

grow 1 seed

OGSnaps

Bluelighter
i have a leftover seed. just one.
can i grow it to be a big strong marijuana plant

Its probably not worth your time and effort to grow one. I mean sure if you wish to grow a plant then sure, gardening is extremely fun and I enjoy the hobby. Growing a single plant is a bad idea simply because of survival rate. I am not saying you couldnt get a one seed from germination to flower but for instance if that one seed is immature and wont germinate thats the end of the grow. Or if bugs eat one of the mature leaves once it gets out of the seedling stage. Its just like anything else as variables that you can not prevent cause plants to not grow, the more you have the less of an impact it is.

Then you will get past all this stuff I mentioned and you think you won, then its a male plant and you get no buds. But again if you just want to try growing and stuff one is a great start. If you have never cared for a plant before you will learn stuff like learning to listen to your plants, they will tell you when they are hungry but you at least need experience. Personally I think you can do it because any intelligent monkey can grow plants, that is how humans discovered farming ;)

Window sill is going to be purely a novelty just so you know, unless your window sill receives like 18 hours of sunlight. You can start a plant in the window now because it is too cold outside but then you would have to transplant outside if you wanted a plant to grow to full maturity and be strong and healthy. It takes a lot of surplus energy to grow healthy strong buds and unless it gets more light then that it will not be able to do so.

You could look into advanced techniques to keep it small and flower it quickly, I just dont foresee a plant grown strictly on the window to come out the way you picture it. Prove me wrong though!

Window sill is going to be purely a novelty just so you know, unless your window sill receives like 18 hours of sunlight. You can start a plant in the window now because it is too cold outside but then you would have to transplant outside if you wanted a plant to grow to full maturity and be strong and healthy. It takes a lot of surplus energy to grow healthy strong buds and unless it gets more light then that it will not be able to do so.

You could look into advanced techniques to keep it small and flower it quickly, I just dont foresee a plant grown strictly on the window to come out the way you picture it. Prove me wrong though!
In the northern hemisphere, a south facing window is VERY sufficient.

LOL what place on earth gets 18 hours of direct sunlight anyway?

In the northern hemisphere, a south facing window is VERY sufficient.

LOL what place on earth gets 18 hours of direct sunlight anyway?

I was just going by what I've seen here northern hemisphere. And plenty of places do... the garden at my house is positioned so it does, farm fields do and maybe direct isnt the proper wording but sunlight is the most important thing so its best not to skimp on it. All the window grows ive seen never took it to flower

http://garden.menoyot.com/assets/blogAssets/garden/how_much_sunlight_is_needed.pdf

^ that has a table showing 14-18 hours for a large list of plants, serves only to prove the point that 18 hours is possible as it does not reference marijuana.

All the window grows ive seen never took it to flower
Do you know what direction they were facing?

South facing windows are best in the northern hemisphere and north facing windows are best for the southern hemisphere.

I wouldn't be surprised to not see them flower if the windows are facing the wrong direction.

Do you know what direction they were facing?

South facing windows are best in the northern hemisphere and north facing windows are best for the southern hemisphere.

I wouldn't be surprised to not see them flower if the windows are facing the wrong direction.

Good point, given the people I know that tried it I wouldn't find it at all surprising they couldn't get it to work like that. And in defense of your point I could list a few strains that don't need a lot of sun so I should have been less all encompassing as to say it wouldn't work. It does take more thought then a window and a seed appears lol

Right on. I agree. I also think it's an ok place to start learning how to grow. Obviously window grows are one of the least efficient and often fail for many reasons but they still contain the necessary elements to learn the basics.

I don't think anyone get's it just right on there first try anyway, so it's good to start small.

One piece of advice that I carried with me, was that when you are first learning to grow pot you should spend the absolute lowest amount of money possible on it. You are going to make mistakes. Learn from them while you can afford it, basically.

^ that is especially true with low light situations. I can not tell you how many times when my group of friends were younger I heard "the plants are growing so quick omg" only to have it be stretching toward a weak light source, and that is were my previous dislike for window sills originated. I had to explain to so many people, having been the first to discover this, that plants will stretch to reach the light and fall over as a result.

Every mistake is a learning experience so each one is a good thing to make, once.

Everyone that I've ever met who got into growing said it was well worth the time, effort, and care for the plant even if it was just a single plant from a single seed. Some would grow outside in the middle of nowhere, and others would start it indoors and then use electric lights later.

It's in my backyard in some nice warm soil. I'm planting it between some texas star hibiscus so it's not obvious that I'm growing weed.